Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers don't exist. Where would Sevco get the money from?

And we're not rejoicing in the demise of a club, we're rejoicing in fair play which has been a long time coming.

My team "Linlithgow Rose" :lol:

and never misses a game home or away,can you say the same.doubt it

I think it's just got a narrow pitch. I'd probably rather Spartans too, but would do everything to encourage applications from as many non-league teams as possible.

It's 104 x 65 yards.

Brechin's pitch is too narrow by a couple of yards at 110 x 67 but still manage to play on it although we do get fined and plans are in place to sort it out.

The main problem with Allan park is that it's just so short. The first time I went there, the first thing I thought was "you've got to be s***ing me!", even though it's not that much smaller than Glebe park which seem gigantic in comparison huh.gif (possibly because there's hardly any space between the goal-nets and the terrace / derelict cottage at Allan Park which adds to the illusion)

Edited by Hedgecutter

1341413645[/url]' post='6400271']

There was a cracking wee post last week, can't remember from whom, basically saying that if SevCo went into SFL3 then there might be a some defenders looking to take a few SevCo forward's scalps.

These nuggets on Goebbels Media who think that a season in SFL3 would be all fluffy bunnies and "is there honey still for tea" might have another think coming.

However, my fave theory is that Charlie just liquidates them out of existence now that the SPL have said GTF.

'twas mine wink.gif

They will probably enjoy the lower league away days. Put my Newcastle hat on for a min (I know that pisses many off) but my most enjoyable season as a Newcastle fan was the Championship season. New grounds, new banter, just different. Barnsley > another trip to Bolton. I assume it will be Annan > another trip to St Mirren.

Do you think it would have still be enjoyable if you had to play these teams 4 times a season though?

The novelty of the lower leagues for Sevco fans will quickly wear off

This whole thing reminds me of the excellent film Sleeping With The Enemy with Julia Roberts and Patrick Bergin, where he plays the abusive, controlling husband who has Roberts' character at the point where she genuinely believes she needs him and wouldn't survive without him, regardless of how miserable, oppressed and controlled her life has become. One day she sees an opportunity to get away from him, and the husbands reaction is an angry one, claiming that she couldn't survive on her own, and without him her life would be nothing...she NEEDED him. Ironically enough however, it's him that's desperately chasing her and trying to convince her to stay, in complete denial that her life is now better.

Anyway long story short, after a period of uncertainty she ends up really happy and he ends up deid.

The end.

"Charles Green statement cont:"We had asked the SPL whether it would be more appropriate for us to withdraw our application but were advised against this.

"We made a presentation to the SPL clubs this morning, detailing our proposals in support of our application and this included what we believed to be penalties and sanctions that would have dealt fairly with the difficulties caused by events at Rangers prior to our acquisition of the club on June 14.

"Sadly this was rejected by the other clubs and we regret that our club and our supporters were given false hope by this initiative.

"We will now proceed as we had planned from late June to apply for membership of the SFL.

"It is entirely a matter for them whether our application will be accepted or rejected and we will make no representation to any member club prior to that application being considered. We also recognise that the SPL has been placed in a difficult position because of the way events have unfolded.

"If our application were to be accepted, Rangers will play in whichever division the SFL sees fit and we will move forward from there.

"The club hopes that the supporters, who have been absolutely tremendous since the club went into administration on February 14, will continue to support the club and make Rangers a success once again.""

Is it just me that thinks that Green actually seems like a reasonable enough chap. I don't know why ra peepul hate him so much. Just because he's not a "rangers man"?

The clubs that voted no have done everything that has been asked of them and rejected Sevco what more do you want them to do, burn down Ibrox !

Na mate, but for me this whole issue is bigger than what an individual club does/done.

It's an issue that effects the whole game here, and the whole game needs to do the right thing.

Let me flip it round at you. Imagine Motherwell voted NO to newco, but every other team in the SPL voted yes. Would you be happy to continue to watch a corrupt set up, safe in the knowledge that although the league is rigged, Motherwell voted in the right way?

I wouldn't be able to see the point to be honest.

It's gotta be all or nowt. Any concession is as good as a big "f**k YOU" to the fans of the game in this country.

Each to their own tho...

It's 104 x 65 yards.

Brechin's pitch is too narrow by a couple of yards at 110 x 67 but still manage to play on it although we do get fined and plans are in place to sort it out.

The main problem with Allan park is that it's just so short. The first time I went there, the first thing I thought was "you've got to be s***ing me!", even though it's not that much smaller than Glebe park which seem gigantic in comparison huh.gif

Minimum dimensions for Scottish non-league football (at present) is 100 x 50 yards though very few are that small. SFA Club Licencing sets the bar a bit higher at a preferred 110 x 70 yards. Not sure what present SFL requirements are though. I'd imagine the Club Licencing standard.

Edited by Jim Leighton

Do you think it would have still be enjoyable if you had to play these teams 4 times a season though?

The novelty of the lower leagues for Sevco fans will quickly wear off

Probably not. Probably preferable to St Mirren or Killie 3 or 4 times year on year though.