Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sevco fans think Playing in the 3rd would be a romantic cosy wee adventure, wait until you are travelling 3 hours north on a Tuesday night in winter.

Are sevco fans aware that these grounds don't have the pitch protection of the SPL?

Official Government Health Warning: If you listen to Talksport or read Redtops you greatly increase the chances of your brains oozing out of your ears

I've red free redtops and lisened to toksport today and am fine

My brother is a Rangers fan, and he wants division 3, and he comments on Rangers facebook pages and threads, and the consensus seems to be division 3. Even in that RM link posted up a wee while ago, again, people seemed to want division 3. Although I should be clear, I meant division 3 rather than division 1.

They may be saying that, but they are only saying it so that if it comes to pass they can say "Well we aren't bothered. We said that's what we wanted anyway."

In reality ALL of them want to be in the SPL and nowhere else (well EPL obviously ;) ).

One of the main reasons they support the club is for the reflected glory. That's why when they are losing they try and distance themselves from the club, blaming a scapegoat or saying they are "embarrassed". That cannot be reconciled with actually being happy playing in division 3, but it does make sense with SAYING they want to be there.

Have to congratulate all the chairmen of the SPL clubs for listening to their fans and sticking by a decision which they believed was correct despite increased pressure from Charles Green and, it would seem, by the SPL's own board members. Fans are the most important aspect and the chairmen had to weigh up the financial benefits of having the Rangers newco in their league against the loss of money from them dropping down a league or 3 but maintaining their core set of fans who have supported loyally. I don't necessarily believe that the rest of the clubs face a financial "oblivion", I suppose time will tell. Sure, a great deal of downsizing may have to be done and it might prove extra difficult for those already in financial difficulty, but correct management of the finances should still see clubs being able to break even if fans continue to support the club.

Can't say I'm surprised or that I disagree with the decision, and whilst I think the Third Division fans and clubs might not particularly want us to join them in their league, an application to start at the bottom is the only way forward. A potential fan revolt of the Division One clubs for inviting us in there should see to that.

More good news for the P&B'ers who like a FOOTBALL discussion, there will be a lot fewer Rangers fans visiting the SPL Forum and there may even be cause to rid P&B of the awful Rangers v Celtic Forum (or, should I say Sevco v Celtic Forum).

The vast majority of pro-div3 orcs wanted it for the reason of seeing the SPL collapse without them.

Very few appeared to be genuinely wanting this for the 'right' reason. i.e. take our medicine and get on with it.

To be fair, RM is IMO not representative of the Rangers supporting public.

However, the reasoning behind the view is irrelevant. The key fact remains that the overwhelming majority of the scottish footballing public want to see Rangers apply to D3 and compete for a place with other applicants. Not to deliver this would be a mistake.

Only in Scotland can we rejoice in the demise of another Scottish Football Club and the possible severe financial implications that this may bring to your own/other clubs.

Rangers may now follow the Airdrie route and hostile takeover and rebrand another club. St Mirren were some of their Directors not in talks with Whyte a while back?

What about the deal that had been struck, what was it, about 2 hours ago?

I went for Spartans as I thought Cove didn't have the ground :unsure:

Serious hitch with planning permission for the new ground. Their current park I think falls short of SFL requirements, doesn't even have seats (just a big glass-fronted executive box for sponsors etc).

https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=57.103261,-2.075665&spn=0.006328,0.021136&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=57.103264,-2.079766&panoid=egQun-4iF_mxw-Q6h4Pg6A&cbp=12,181.9,,0,1.52

Rainbow Taxis Park on streetview

So were Nazis and the KKK.

Brands can be toxic.

Rangers are not a global brand. Sure they have some expats around the world buying stuff but nobody else. When I go to a sports shop here I see Man U, Real Madrid, Barca, AC Milan and Chelsea shirts. Young Canadian kids buy them but have no clue about the teams, they are global brands.

The only people I see wearing Rangers or Celtic shirts are fat sweaty middle aged expats.

I went for Spartans as I thought Cove didn't have the ground :unsure:

... and won't have the proposed Calder Park facility anytime soon after Aberdeen City Council withdrew the planning permission . dry.gif

The current ground (Allan Park) is absolutely tiny and you need to go there to appreciate it's tininess. Rather conducive to plenty of goals though.

Sevco fans think Playing in the 3rd would be a romantic cosy wee adventure, wait until you are travelling 3 hours north on a Tuesday night in winter.

Are sevco fans aware that these grounds don't have the pitch protection of the SPL?

It's not THAT bad ffs! Was decent back in the day I hadn't been to every ground about 10 times.