Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The one and only decision to be made is for Sevco to apply to to 3rd Division. Anything else is a FARCE.

The incompetence, ineptitude and delaying tactics of the SFA, SPL, SFL (to a lesser extent) and the SPL chairmen is a sad reflection of the capabilities of the custodians of our National game.

FOR GOD'S SAKE WILL SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE MAKE A DECISION ABOUT SOMETHING !!!!

It's actually worse than that, the same year the first assessment from HMRC for their EBT scheme landed on the Ibrox doormat, Rangers spent £18 million on players after getting pumped out of Europe by Kaunas. Now, call me silly, but if I was one of those fly faluting business men in charge of Rangers, I'd have been putting money aside to cover the bill which just landed on my doorstep not spending 3.5 million on the Ulster Gazelle.

Aye paying off the taxman is a nice simple idea but Murray was on the edge of bankruptcy andwanted to get rid of them, and Whyte's plan all along was to dump the debt by way of a CVA. It all went tits up because the fans were outraged and the media spotlight was on them.

Now had they been run by responsible businessmen they might have come to an agreement on paying back the tax, but then they probably wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place had that been the case

Don't think so. There'll be a massive drop in attendances at all levels if Rangers are in the SPL or 1st.

You may well be right, but I will certainly take time to visit the SFL clubs that have show more spine than the whole of the SPL. Even if it just turns out to be a fond farewell before I abandon the game here altogether.

Edited by aka

Aye paying off the taxman is a nice simple idea but Murray was on the edge of bankruptcy andwanted to get rid of them, and Whyte's plan all along was to dump the debt by way of a CVA. It all went tits up because the fans were outraged and the media spotlight was on them.

Now had they been run by responsible businessmen they might have come to an agreement on paying back the tax, but then they probably wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place had that been the case

It all went tits up when HMRC were owed so much they were able to block the CVA.

Indeed leaving aside the myriad other issues the Clyde statement means regan and doncaster should resign immediately for trying to fix the league. We desperately need uefa to come in and suspend the sfa until independent management structure can come in and admininster Scottish football in fair incorruptible manner...and if some clubs fold hell mend them...if the suits get their way the commercial results of appeasement will be far worse

Greenie for proper use of 'myriad'.

Grammar cop.

It's actually worse than that, the same year the first assessment from HMRC for their EBT scheme landed on the Ibrox doormat, Rangers spent £18 million on players after getting pumped out of Europe by Kaunas. Now, call me silly, but if I was one of those fly faluting business men in charge of Rangers, I'd have been putting money aside to cover the bill which just landed on my doorstep not spending 3.5 million on the Ulster Gazelle.

Basically, it all comes down the the shear arrogance of the hierarchy. They'd rather fall on their own sword than swallow their pride and just play second fiddle to Celtic for a number of years. Rangers "could" have quartered their wage bill, focussed on developing and selling on young players, arranged Big Money friendly ties and just said to their fans "look, we are on our arse here. We need you to help us out".

Instead, they chose the quick fix liquidation option and threw accusations at other sides who said that they weren't having it.

Neil Doncaster and the SPL think Sevco 'starting in' (as opposed to 'applying to' which is the fucking process) in the Third Division is 'unacceptable'. Well i think you'll find that most fans think them playing anywhere above that is also unacceptable.

Without fans the game dies. They can wring their hands all they want, they are taking Scottish football down a dead-end.

From OnlyAnExcuse.com

"Doncaster said: "There's lots of things that need to happen before that might take place.

"The SFL clubs will be meeting again next Thursday and will be voting on that. It remains to be seen how that plays out. But there's a resolution on the table today for our clubs to consider the idea of Rangers coming back into the SPL with appropriate sanctions.

"That will certainly be keenly debated, given people have different views and we'll see what happens."

It all went tits up when HMRC were owed so much they were able to block the CVA.

Well aye, that too, they'd have had to accept it had they not been the biggest creditor. The point being that paying the taxman was never an option because the club was run by a crook and then an even bigger crook took over, neither of them ever had any intention of paying the back taxes.

Clyde's website has crashed... :lol:

Was wondering about that. Anyone have a copy of the statement by any chance?

Also, please tell me that it doesn't normally look like a site constructed by someone in P7?!

I'm pissed off that County only applied for entry to Division 3 in 1994. We should have just apllied to the Premier Division and saved ourself all those years trying to get promoted.

What a fucking farce.

I reckon Caley should split back into Inverness Caledonian and Inverness Thistle. That would fill up the gap and County get twice as many Highland derbies to compensate for the loss of Rangers and Sevco.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Have been a Hibs fan for more than 35 years, and a season ticket holder for most of that (as well as going to eg Berwick matches). Have my 2012/13 season ticket money sitting in my bank account. If Sevco get into the league structure any higher than Div 3, I'll be buying an Edinburgh Capitals ice hockey season ticket, and going to see Edinburgh Rugby from time to time. Scottish football can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

Scottish football is excellent isn't it?

Remember, we NEED Rangers.

Perhaps because they are so important they should just be able to cherrypick any player they like from Scottish clubs and not have to pay.

Hold on, that sounds familiar...

And yes folks, I did reply to the wrong post earlier. Because I'm a thicko.