Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Wonder if Mad Vlad is mad enough to risk not paying his players or any bills due to the SPL until they have amassed the amount that Hearts are due from the "in liquidation Rangers" and then pointing the beaks in the direction of Green or D&P as he feels they owe him the money.

I thought Hearts would get the money from what Rangers were due from the SPL for finishing (Cheating their way) to second place.

I have supported St. Johnstone for most of my life (albeit my life hasn't been particularly lengthy so far). I was a member of 'Super Js' from a very young age, and took pride in supporting my local team. I have met some great people at Saints matches. Supporting a small non-OF club is really like being part of a little community. Travelling to away matches, Saints scarf hanging out of the window, getting beeped by fellow Saints fans who drive past, giving them a wave.. These are just little things, but part of the magic of being a so-called 'diddy' supporter. To feel part of something which isn't solely about football. A few hundred or so Saints supporters huddled in a corner of Ibrox, surrounded by the unwashed hordes, feeling like it's us against the world (and a glorious bonus if we somehow get a result against the odds).

Good heartfelt post

If teams play each other 4 times per season then those results "against the odds" are eroded by the other 3 defeats.

I'd just like to state my preference for one game home, one game away whatever happens to the leagues.

So, The Donkey says its either the SPL or SFL1 for the zombies or we have financial armagedon.

So the SPL chairmen should vote to make a serious loss to their customer base.

So the SPL sponsors will be supporting a corrupt league with a rapidly diminishing customer base and no credibility.

For a club that will leave for pastures new at the first chance it gets.

It seems like a no brainer, but who would be surprised if that's the option they take?

The longer they put off the vote, the more long-term damage they are doing, and I'm not talking about losing zombiecash either.

Whatever punishment is dished out on NewCo must be the same for all clubs in the future for as long as there is football in Scotland. Fact,

If ICT or Hibs or Hearts or Motherwell go under: I expect the EXACT same extensions on decision making and administration, exact same attempts by the media to save the clubs, a strong consideration to restructure the league to accomodate the troubled team, and the exact same outcome. Be it a restructured league to accomodate us or a demotion to first or third division.

Will it happen? Will it f**k.

Corrupt to the backteeth, we have known this for years with the referees and punishments dished out to the OF but this one takes the fucking biscuit.

SPL and Doncaster are Rangers fuckbuddies and we all know it. Ugly enough to be a ger.

Does anyone else think we should let newco fc back into the spl with all the fore mentioned punishments? Transfer embargo, possible points deduction plus the fairer split of money and introduction of play offs? Obviously integrity would probably go out the window but there would be a real chance of them getting relegated which would be worth it! Sky would still maintain their investment as they get their old firm games. Everyone is a winner.

Whatever punishment is dished out on NewCo must be the same for all clubs in the future for as long as there is football in Scotland. Fact,

If ICT or Hibs or Hearts or Motherwell go under: I expect the EXACT same extensions on decision making and administration, exact same attempts by the media to save the clubs, a strong consideration to restructure the league to accomodate the troubled team, and the exact same outcome. Be it a restructured league to accomodate us or a demotion to first or third division.

Will it happen? Will it f**k.

Corrupt to the backteeth, we have known this for years with the referees and punishments dished out to the OF but this one takes the fucking biscuit.

SPL and Doncaster are Rangers fuckbuddies and we all know it. Ugly enough to be a ger.

When a club goes into administration it is nearly always down to making bad financial decisions. The Rangers/Newco scenario is far worse because they've had the polis at their door.

They would likely introduce a 14 or 16 team league to save them....

Correct, wherever Rangers finish in Division One, they and every team above them will be in the top flight the following year. This corrupt sham will stop at nothing to get the most disgraceful football club in the game's history (be that for their 120 year sectarian policies or their financial cheating) back into top flight football.

When a club goes into administration it is nearly always down to making bad financial decisions. The Rangers/Newco scenario is far worse because they've had the poli's at their door.

Were they delivering the ice cream?ph34r.gif

No vote today = Rangers FC(IL) remain members of SPL = Dundee/Dunfermline stay in SFL1 = no vacancy in SFL = nothing for SFL to vote on next week = no change

Season starts with RFC (IL) as Club 12 although they will be unable to fulfil their fixtures as they have no money, no ground and no players.

Cockwomble spontaneously combusts.

Does anyone else think we should let newco fc back into the spl with all the fore mentioned punishments? Transfer embargo, possible points deduction plus the fairer split of money and introduction of play offs? Obviously integrity would probably go out the window but there would be a real chance of them getting relegated which would be worth it! Sky would still maintain their investment as they get their old firm games. Everyone is a winner.

Not really with no prospect of ready made glory the newco fans would be absent for all but the of bigot fest leaving every club shafted barring celtic who would romp the league get Cl revenue plus full houses for the of games...ah it all becomes clear

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18703183

The three viable options are effectively: bringing "newco" Rangers back into the SPL with a range of appropriate sanctions; putting Rangers into the second tier of Scottish football or Rangers going into the bottom of the pyramid into Division Three," he told BBC Scotland. "The third option, I was keen to stress yesterday, would inflict massive damage on the whole of the game in Scotland; and effectively punish 41 innocent clubs for the misdeeds of one."

Yes Neil, so let's reward the club thats caused this farce, and pretend we are doing everyone else a favour with it.

Idiot

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Well done partick

" Statement from Partick Thistle

Wednesday 4th July 2012

<h4 id="news_2443"></h4>Arguably the most important meeting in the 122 year history of the Scottish Football League took place yesterday and was attended by a member of the PTFC Board.

As a Club we felt that it was important that we entered this meeting with an open mind, taking full cognisance of all the facts, the opinion of our fans and free from prejudice and speculation.

Unquestionably there are major financial consequences, for all Clubs in Scotland, should a newco Rangers club not take a place in next season’s SPL and there has been a proposal put in front of the SFL clubs that would allow Rangers direct entry into SFL1, contrary to the current league rules. On its own this proposal is clearly unacceptable, on a number of levels, and is something the Board of PTFC are not prepared to support.

A more fundamental review of the entire Scottish football league(s) setup is clearly required. However, we feel that it is not the responsibility for making a decision, that will have huge ramifications throughout the game in this country, to fall on any individual member, or collection of clubs of the Scottish Football League. This is not a problem of the SFL’s making and as a result it is not a decision which can be taken in isolation of the SPL clubs.

It is the opinion of Partick Thistle that the Scottish Football Association, the game’s governing body in Scotland, should now take ownership of this unprecedented situation.

Our view, shared by the majority of supporters, is that a radical overhaul of our game is required. We are more than happy to be involved in any such process, however feel that the driving force for change has to be our National Association.

Meantime we thank the Thistle supporters for their continued support and their many helpful and insightful observations in recent weeks. No matter what happens over the course of the next few weeks we would ask you to continue to support our Club through these difficult and challenging times."

Edited to add:- actually, is this a no, or a yes but with restructuring?

Edited by happysouth