Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm no financial expert, but I think there was never a case in Div 1, where projected income has reduced by such a large amount over the period of a few months.

Surely, a club of St.Mirren's size would budget for the possibility of being relegated though ? Then, the possibility of not going up back right away ? None of those scenarios involve playing Rangers(cup draws excepted).

That I realise but your chairman is screaming without Rangers it's disastrous for St.Mirren, you've been in the First Division before, Tesco help not withstanding how the hell did you manage before ? I've never seen a SFL game post 1998 that features Rangers so how are all the SFL clubs managing to stay alive ?

I've not seen a single SPL/SFL Chairman or SFA representative mention this. Very bizarre and it just proves that most want Rangers rather than need them IMO.

Just had a look at the UEFA rule book,

Article 7 para 2 on page 4 could be interpreted as saying that sponsorship money and broadcasting money should not be taken into consideration on decisions affection any competitiion rules and qualification.

and article 51 para 3 on page 23 basically state that Newco just ain't allowed in.

Failure to comply with UEFA rules could get Scottish fitba stopped for good, IE no Euro competition for any clubs and no National team.

Source:

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/EuroExperience/uefaorg/WhatUEFAis/01/80/54/03/1805403_DOWNLOAD.pdf

SFA, SPL and SFL will have to be careful about this.

I've not seen a single SPL/SFL Chairman or SFA representative mention this. Very bizarre and it just proves that most want Rangers rather than need them IMO.

Funnily enough, Turnbull Hutton mentioned this on sportsound tonight. Traynor quickly peddled the TV money line.

There was a show of hands at the end. SPL/SFL1/SFL3 were the three options. I'd reckon 5% 70% 25% was the voting share.

How many were there?

70% for SFL1?? FFS tell me you're joking. I'd rather get relegated and spend another decade out of the top flight than bend over for these cheating c***s.

I didn't think we had many players on contracts past the end of next season so why would we be likely to lose up to £1.1m. Could we not just get Thompson to apply for another "loan" from his EBT?? :D

Surely, a club of St.Mirren's size would budget for the possibility of being relegated though ? Then, the possibility of not going up back right away ? None of those scenarios involve playing Rangers(cup draws excepted).

A

Parachute payment and max two year deals.

Edited by Fife Saint

SPL Chairmen are playing a blinder, say they'll vote no then a wave of fans snap up season tickets then they keep the vote delayed until the very last minute, then say circumstances have changed and for the best interests of our club we simply have to vote yes. The 'boycot' from the fans would then be pointless as most will have paid for their tickets anyways, and then there would be a full season for the fans feelings to have calmed down, of which they eventually will and everything goes along as normal.

Possible but that would cause sheer mayhem across the country IMO.

Also I still think Vlad will tell them to rot no matter what.

There's a line in that BBC piece about postponing the SPL vote to await the outcome of the SFL one. How is that possible? Surely there can't be an SFL vote until Newco are denied access to the SPL?

There's a line in that BBC piece about postponing the SPL vote to await the outcome of the SFL one. How is that possible? Surely there can't be an SFL vote until Newco are denied access to the SPL?

Yeah, in a parallel universe where things happen normally.

Gilmour along with the rest of the SPL jellyfish arrogantly assumed the SFL would do their dirty work for them whilst they could go about their daily work as normal. If it wasn't for those damn meddling (SFL) kids eh !

To be honest I think that they initially thought that they'd be able to slip them back into the SPL. If it wasn't for those meddling SPL season ticket holders.

Right, I've had enough now. Many times over the last few months, we've been returning to two evergreen questions:

1. What are we all going to do when our game is finally killed?

And

2. Who's going to write the BRALT book?

Weeeellllll, I'm probably going to regret this(and Mrs WRK will NOT be happy), but I'm willing to give it a go.

Thing is, I don't get to that many games due to distance/time/finance/commitments, so even if I do get a ST for RP I'll have some spare time when this all finally implodes one way or the other. I don't play golf, and I am NOT traipsing round B&Q every weekend.

My plan is to split the whole sorry affair into chunks (probably a month or so at a time). First chunk, the backstory and the initial Valentine's present of all those weeks (and posts) ago. But I would like a little help......

If any of you have a favourite Traynorism, Spenceytweet, or P&B post, pm me with the post number. I intend this to be a document showing the coming together of some of the most enthusiastic, honest,and motivated fans it's been my pleasure to share a forum with.

Sure, I'd like to get the whole thing published eventually, but for now I'd just like, one chunk at a time, to create an informative, affirmative and, I hope, funny chronicle as a present (yeah, that does mean free!) to you all. And that includes at least one of the No. 8's....

Soooooo...... As I say, first things first.Anything that sticks out from the first fortnight or so? Let me know and I'll try and work it in.

Obviously the thread itself shows no sign of petering out, and I can't promise a happy ending, but they finished painting the Forth Bridge recently, so anything's possible!

"probably going to regret this"? I think I'm already regretting it. I have set up a pnb email account so my regular one doesn't get swamped. Please feel free to help, or not - I can go through the whole thing myself, but this is for all of us. We made it happen, afterall.....

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

(A word of advice guys, get the house in the wife's name asap.)

laugh.gif

Funnily enough, when the rumours were going yesterday about Ogilvie, Ballantyne, Findlay and being Rangers shareholders whilst involved at other football clubs, I had a look at the regs on that, and having the shares in or wifes/childs name is still a big no no :)

Funnily enough, Turnbull Hutton mentioned this on sportsound tonight. Traynor quickly peddled the TV money line.

Yeah but Turnbull quickly retorted that Traynor was sounding alot like Cockwomble in the meeting! :lol:

We are all Turnbull Hutton.

Funnily enough, when the rumours were going yesterday about Ogilvie, Ballantyne, Findlay and being Rangers shareholders whilst involved at other football clubs, I had a look at the regs on that, and having the shares in or wifes/childs name is still a big no no :)

Might wanna add Brown McMaster ex-Thistle chairman to that list since he moved his "free" Thistle shares to his family when he went in the huff to Stenny.

Edited by Jags4ever

b*****d, typed out a long post and lost it all.

Basically, Gilmour is an outstanding chairman and one of the greatest people in St. Mirrens history. He knows what he's talking about.

Secondly, if we go into admin as a result of Rangers in SFL 3 (Still the likely outcome) then there will be plenty joining us.

Thirdly, parachuting them into a division below isn't, and has never been in my opinion, a disastrous outcome. Italys establishment club were punted down one division too, albeit in a very different case.

Finally, the best case scenario is that Rangers never got into this mess in the first place so all those laugh.gif from earlier are a bit inappropriate. Stuff like changes in the voting structure surely have go through, no excuse for missing shit like that.