Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

when are (if) the sfa going to tell us whether the application from sevco is accepted or not?

what if they take a look at it and crease up laughing?

mibbee thats what regan meant by In his opinion sfa will block them???unsure.gif

Looks like Killie season ticket sales are doing well, funny that none of the many Killie fans I know have renewed yet.

I love the bold bit...

IMPORTANT NOTICE to all 2011-12 Season Ticket Holders regarding your reserved seat.

Season ticket sales have been going well and we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has already purchased their season ticket for next season. As at 1st July, the number of season tickets sold was up by over 15% on last year's sales to that date. As a gesture of goodwill we have decided to keep all 2011/12 season ticket holders' seats reserved until 9th July. All seats that have been reserved will be released after 9th July for general sale.

1) Reaction from SFL clubs to being leaned on in the meeting was apparently poor

2) the SFA was quoted as taking a stance against Rangers going into the SPL

3) the SFA walked back the statement

4) ominous rumors that tomorrows SPL vote will be moved and that they may, somehow, be let back in

5) Traynor is a silly, stupid, morally bankrupt person

6) St. Mirren had a meeting which may not have been entirely helpful

7) Greece invaded the Federal Republic of Macedonia

laugh.gif

I went to check 7) in case I missed something!

Stuart Gilmour said tonight that the best option for St Mirren would be:

1. Sevco go to the first division next season.

2. SPL expands to 14 next year - 3 up, one down.

3. SPL expands to 16 year after - 3 up one down.

Basically St Mirren would not vote for current proposals if in e.g. Falkirk's position, but SFL clubs position could change with the above proposals on the table.

He was also quite scathing of Doncaster{in general) and Regan ( for going on 2 week holiday at this time).

I still voted for the div 3 option, although felt a bit Swedish while doing so.

I think, (know), you've missed my point slightly, (massively).

You said sevco would get parachuted into the 1st div. How can they get 'parachuted' into the 1st from below the 3rd div.

It wasn't particularly witty to start off with, but even less so now I've had to explain it.

The SFA have told clubs at today's meeting that Rangers must go into the first division at all costs. They were told that if Rangers have to go to division 3 there will be a football armageddon in Scottish football. Regan said Rangers will not go into the SPL but must go into division 1 or there will be a 18 million black hole that Scottish football will not recover from. He said that if they think that they wont be effected they are living on a different planet.

Sky have told the SFA that they will put up with Rangers out the SPL for 1 year but no more than that. As a incentive they will pay the SFL clubs 1 million pounds split between the 3 leagues and some Rangers games will be televised.

When it comes to 'sporting integrity' (no sniggering at the back there) versus financial survival there is no contest. Supporters of non-SPL clubs should consider that the other SPL clubs are trying to make the SFL bail them out of a hole that, in many ways, they have dug for themselves.

Meanwhile, a survey of Rangers supporters (validated by Rangers number) and carried out by the RFFF found that around 75% of Rangers fans were favourable to Rangers starting again from Div. 3. Frankly, we don't care if a few SPL clubs go to the wall as a result. In fact, we will enjoy contributing to the P&B threads on their administration and the discussion of the most suitable punishments for the financial doping that got them there..

Edited by Paquis

Certainly seems to be way too much effort from the compliant media in trying to spin this into a "save Scottish Football" (ie Rangers) agenda mad.gif

Time we had more info from the Tax Case, EBT's, Dual Contracts et all played out in the public domain to remind everybody what this is all actually about !dry.gif

Actually expanding on that didn't UEFA or FIFA get the Swiss authorities telt for fannying about and that's why they handed out such harsh punishments ?

From what I can work out, yeah. I'll be trying to find out more when I move there in a couple of weeks.

Stuart Gilmour said tonight that the best option for St Mirren would be:

1. Sevco go to the first division next season.

2. SPL expands to 14 next year - 3 up, one down.

3. SPL expands to 16 year after - 3 up one down.

Basically St Mirren would not vote for current proposals if in e.g. Falkirk's position, but SFL clubs position could change with the above proposals on the table.

He was also quite scathing of Doncaster{in general) and Regan ( for going on 2 week holiday at this time).

I still voted for the div 3 option, although felt a bit Swedish while doing so.

Thanks for that. Did he give specific reasons for why these options were best rather than normal procedure of newco to apply and enter at Sfl3 level?

Dundee and Airdrie abstaining is f'kin ridiculous when you consider that Ex-Rangers still retain an SPL vote and fully intend to use it !

If I was bringing in a rule change, and wanted the vote to go my way, I'd mke sure that abstentions didn't count and that only yes/no votes were allowed.

They surely wouldn't, would they :o

The SFA have told clubs at today's meeting that Rangers must go into the first division at all costs. They were told that if Rangers have to go to division 3 there will be a football armageddon in Scottish football. Regan said Rangers will not go into the SPL but must go into division 1 or there will be a 18 million black hole that Scottish football will not recover from. He said that if they think that they wont be effected they are living on a different planet.

Sky have told the SFA that they will put up with Rangers out the SPL for 1 year but no more than that. As a incentive they will pay the SFL clubs 1 million pounds split between the 3 leagues and some Rangers games will be televised.

When it comes to 'sporting integrity' (no sniggering at the back there) versus financial survival there is no contest. Supporters of non-SPL clubs should consider that the other SPL clubs are trying to make the SFL bail them out of a hole that, in many ways, they have dug for themselves.

Meanwhile, a survey of Rangers supporters (validated by Rangers number) and carried out by the RFFF found that around 75% of Rangers fans were favourable to Rangers starting again from Div. 3. Frankly, we don't care if a few SPL clubs go to the wall as a result. In fact, we will enjoy contributing to the P&B threads on their administration and the discussion of the most suitable punishments for the financial doping that got them there..

Well see, if say Killie went bust in this scenario there would be no discussion, no bail out, no threats, no parcels full of nails, no boycotts.

We'd be deid, forever.

SFL should only need to decide who fills the resulting empty slot in Division 3, based on which team completes the best application form.

Right, thats a better way of putting it!

Do we know of any non-league teams applying? :unsure:

Can't believe the mess we are still in here.

Oh well. As they say about mass extinctions: with predators gone, prey thrives.

Actually expanding on that didn't UEFA or FIFA get the Swiss authorities telt for fannying about and that's why they handed out such harsh punishments ?

Then they got telt from CAS last week over their Euro ban on the Turks........

Posted by Stuart Dickson who was at the meeting. Not surprised to read the comments about Celtic,Regan and Doncaster.

I took notes at the small meeting - not the best most detailed notes but I took notes anyway. Gilmour said he was misrepresented after the shareholder meeting and I guess there is a possibility I might inadvertedly do the same but then it really would be best if he just came onto the forum and posted himself....

Anyway what I've got.

St Mirren are looking for justice, not revenge.

Gilmour doesn't rate Doncaster or Regan and was particularly scathing about both.

He is interested about what is best for St Mirren.

There is a range of sactions that can be applied to newco including transfer embargo, transference of football debt. an apology from Rangers, and points deductions for however long - however Gilmour said that the board were against the idea of points deductions because that just makes a mockery of the league and it only benefits one team - Celtic.

What St Mirren wanted was league reconstruction, changes to the voting structure to a 9-3 majority, fairer distribution of money etc.

Celtic are furious because this will affect them. They lose money and power and the current way money is distributed won't continue.

Scenarios

Newco in SPL1 - No bearing on St Mirren's finances.

Newco in SFL1 - Loss of money around £200k.

Newco in SFL3 - Potential drop in money of £600k to £1.1m. If budgeting for 11th that would be £400k. All of this could push St Mirren into administration.

Savings could be made of around £275,000 - £300,000 with job losses which would affect every aspect of the club including community and youth development. He said that some people may be puzzled by which people lose their jobs too but he said that is because some jobs are self financing from grants from the SFA or from other community funded projects and it would be cutting their nose off to spite their face if they made the employees in those areas redundant.

Gilmour spoke to Martin Ritchie at Falkirk today to try to sell the benefits of league reconstruction as a solution. His proposal is that three clubs would be promoted this season, one relegated. The following season three up, one down. This takes the league up to 16 teams in this Belgian model he talks about. I suggested 20/22 leagues but he said the problem was that Sky need four Old Firm matches per season for the next two years. He said a second tier would probably only have 10 in it because that's the feedback he got from Jim Ballantyne at Airdrie. Apparently SFL clubs don't make money from matches so they don't want more fixtures.

He said that for the SFL Clubs the figures on the TV deal - this £1m to screen Rangers games - worked out at £25,000 to £30,000 per SFL club. He acknowledged that for First Division clubs it's a paltry sum that would be easy to reject but he said for some clubs in Division 3 this matched the income they get....now I didn't write from where but I think it was through the gate but I'm open to stand corrected on that.

There was also some discussion about the settlement figure with the SFL and how they could throw this back but how losing the settlement money could bankrupt the SFL. The settlement figure is £2m per annum index linked. I wasn't paying attention by this point cause I was sketching a head with horns on it. It wasn't something I was aware I was doing but I've noticed it there on my pad when I've got home.

The only other thing I wrote down was "Peter Lawwell is a p***k" - it's not a direct quote from anyone but that was certainly the tone of what was being said I think.

I asked questions as we went along. I challenged the statement Gilmour made that had he known about the financial meltdown at Ibrox in March St Mirren could have been better sorted for this. I said "really? You couldn't see this coming with Rangers Tax Case and a £96m debt?" and he said the legal advice they had was that the Rangers tax case could go on for another five years. The lawyers were that Harper mob....dunno if it was Ross Harper cause I didn't write it down but I think it's the mob Celtic use that also work with the SPL.

I asked Gilmour about the fact they were ignoring the 10000hours poll. I said 95% told St Mirren they didn't want Rangers to be parachuted in anywhere and that even with financial consequences there was a solid 80% against it. George Campbell said that St Mirren fans didn't know the full picture and when they did he was sure the poll results would be different. I stressed I wouldn't be taking in any SPL matches and I think it was Drew said much the same thing but the board didn't seem to think it would amount to much.

There were other questions asked round the table but I'll leave it for those forum members to post what they asked and what the response was and how they felt about it.

So now that we know all the rules will be rewritten and bent for The Rangers Football Club to be safely parachuted into Division 1 (which they will then win at a canter), what happens when they are straight back in the Scottish Corruption Premier League? A -10 points deduction which will still ensure that they cakewalk 2nd place? A European ban for one season?

That must be more than enough punishment for all they have done over the past couple of decades surely? After all, Rangers are Scottish football, and everything should be done to protect them as well as their other pals.

I wish Traynor had been aboard that RAF plane today and plummeted to a horrible death, I would then liked to see his mangled body shoved down the portaloos at T in the Park to be be pissed and shat on, before scraping up any remains and crumbling them into the cappucinos of Doncaster and Regan. c**t

Shit, i greenied by accident.

I'd expect better from you Gordon.