Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From Twitter

@BBCchrismclaug: #SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1.

Have they changed the rules it was 75% this morning 23 clubs

Rangers media is for poofs and pirates.<BR><BR>In the greatest ever Ranger thread some f**k-nut said Nacho fucking Novo - on the reasoning that in fact he is a true blue, not a ***** and as always followed Rangers due to some line he put in his book about his youth?? - Jesus wept.

How very very DARE you demean poofs and pirates!

Or it could consult the actual figures.

http://www.kilmarnoc...1~160369,00.pdf

That is a very interesting document which, for the first time i think, puts some science behind a lot of the speculating and scaremongering. Someone smarter than me will hopefully be able to pick out the juicy bits and summarise.

More average match viewers than La Liga by nearly double is a surprise.

I'd take anything Chris McLaughlin says with a Siberian mine's worth of salt.

Embarrassingly poor throughout the crisis and little more than an Ibrox conduit.

By the sounds of it Doncaster hasn't helped matters today. I was a bit concerned earlier that the SPL chairmen would buckle under the intense pressure and vote them into the SPL but now we have an assurance from Regan that that won't happen (presumably his had has been forced by a watchful UEFA / FIFA).

The battle will switch after tomorrow's formality to a scramble for SFL votes in the next 7-14 days. The 30 chairmen, like their SPL counterparts, will come under phenomenal pressure from the media but , so far, I can't see where Sevco's 16 votes are coming from.

Anything can happen, but it looks like they will be applying for a third division place crated by their own downfall, having already royally pissed off the majority of the membership on whom their election depends.

It's a Sevco facepalm, to be honest. They really would have been better to have kept their heads down and muzzled their attack-dog proxies in the media, and I guarantee that they would have been looking at a much more favourable outcome to their plight.

Give him enough rope and eventually.................

If he doesn't and a volunteer is needed to carry out the deed put my name down. It will be a humanitarian act and I would cry "That's for the diddys", as I was doing it.

Aye, 50% required for a completely unforeseen and never-to-be-repeated alteration of the rules purely for the benefit of another league. I'm fucking sure that's what the blazers have suddenly decided. This has been punted to the SFL so that when clubs are being boycotted the weasels in the top tier can claim to have been against it and beg fans not to punish them for the diddies' decision. f**k.

From Twitter

@BBCchrismclaug: #SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1.

Have they changed the rules it was 75% this morning 23 clubs

Never going to happen. Surely just about all of the Div II and III clubs would be looking forward to the extra numbers of Zombie FC fans at their grounds and the added media spotlight. I think you'd be lucky to get 8 out of 30.

1341327248[/url]' post='6396712']

Which shows average Permieship viewers at 1M, with average SPL at 200k. Page 12 for the slow of reading, aka rangers fans. 8)

Well, yeah, but that average is skewed massively by the OF games, and show Rangers v. otherr teams being slightly more popular than Celtic versus same. I was aware of this, but seeing it laid out like that is pretty damning. That doesn't mean, however, that a more competitive Rangers free league still wouldn't have some value, and given the trend for ever yet more money for rights across Europe and the need to fill space on ever more channels.

Genuine question: having experienced the full force of the Sky hype machine living in England, can the lower figures for diddy versus diddy games be partially explained by ESPN's marketing / penetration strength relative to Sky and a lot of those games being on ESPN?

That is a very interesting document which, for the first time i think, puts some science behind a lot of the speculating and scaremongering. Someone smarter than me will hopefully be able to pick out the juicy bits and summarise.

More average match viewers than La Liga by nearly double is a surprise.

Cockwomble may now be regretting playing up the SPL value in that document. Makes their current statements look all the more stupid.

I'd take anything Chris McLaughlin says with a Siberian mine's worth of salt.

Embarrassingly poor throughout the crisis and little more than an Ibrox conduit.

By the sounds of it Doncaster hasn't helped matters today. I was a bit concerned earlier that the SPL chairmen would buckle under the intense pressure and vote them into the SPL but now we have an assurance from Regan that that won't happen (presumably his had has been forced by a watchful UEFA / FIFA).

The battle will switch after tomorrow's formality to a scramble for SFL votes in the next 7-14 days. The 30 chairmen, like their SPL counterparts, will come under phenomenal pressure from the media but , so far, I can't see where Sevco's 16 votes are coming from.

Anything can happen, but it looks like they will be applying for a third division place crated by their own downfall, having already royally pissed off the majority of the membership on whom their election depends.

It's a Sevco facepalm, to be honest. They really would have been better to have kept their heads down and muzzled their attack-dog proxies in the media, and I guarantee that they would have been looking at a much more favourable outcome to their plight.

No coincidence that the non apology was made today, giving the media and those blazers in positions of influence a reference point to beat the SFL/SPL Chairmen with

Well, yeah, but that average is skewed massively by the OF games, and show Rangers v. otherr teams being slightly more popular than Celtic versus same. I was aware of this, but seeing it laid out like that is pretty damning. That doesn't mean, however, that a more competitive Rangers free league still wouldn't have some value, and given the trend for ever yet more money for rights across Europe and the need to fill space on ever more channels.

Agreed. but without working out all the figures, we're still getting somewhere around 100k viewers for the non OF content.

So of the thirty SFL clubs, the situation is this:

Won't Vote Over Conflict Of Interest: Airdrie and Dundee.

Down to 28 voting.

No SFL1 Parachute for the Orcs:

Annan Athletic, Clyde, Dunfermline, East Fife, Morton, Peterhead, Raith Rovers, Stirling Albion, Stranraer.

19 left to get their 16 from.

Dithering but likely to be burnt at the stake by their fans if they vote "yes":

Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir

15 left to get their 16 from!

Likely To Vote Yes Despite Denying Any Decision Has Been Made: Partick Thistle

Needing 15 from 14 left.

They've had it!

Edited by WaffenThinMint

Chris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaug#SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1.

I really want New Rangers to go the the 3rd division, that would be the best and proper solution for everyone concerned...but.

If the SFL chairmen do give in to pressure from the media, the SFA and the SPL and decide to allow New Rangers into division 1 for the 'good of Scottish football', or at least to save the SPL clubs from financial armageddon, then I hope they play hard ball and negotiate a much better deal than what's on offer.

Remember this is the same SPL that said the wee sh*tey clubs were holding them back, that said f**k you we'll have our own league, our own TV deal and make millions.

Agree to an extent. But Sky were the only ones at the table at the time. Main point is, Sky won't be walking away. Or if they did, someone else (BT?) would snap up the SPL as it's a bargain at current price, with or without SEVCO.

Aye, that's a fair point right enough. If they'd had realistic alternative it would have strengthened their hand. Could the SPLTV option helped here?...

It is a bit of myth that it is "Sky or bust" for any SPL TV deal. ESPN will have soon have a large gap to fill in their schedule with them losing their share of EPL rights to BT, and BT have shown that they are willing to spend huge on football for their new TV service, so you'd have to assume that they would also be interested in SPL football.

Aye, that's a fair point right enough. If they'd had realistic alternative it would have strengthened their hand. Could the SPLTV option helped here?...

Perhaps. If I recall correctly, SPL was desperate due to Setanta going tits up?