Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Chris McLaughlin @BBCchrismclaug

#SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1.

Shifting the goalposts again?

Pretty simple. Sky has lots of viewers who watch Scottish Football on their channels. Scottish football doesn't cost them very much for the number of viewers it gets.

(costs about 2% of what the premiership costs, but gets WAY more than 2% of the viewers). Scottish games get about 200k viewers, compared to 1M viewers for premiership matches.

Unless Sky wants to throw away one of it's better watched and cheapest sports, they will have to stick with SPL.

Or it could consult the actual figures.

http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/staticFiles/71/72/0,,10291~160369,00.pdf

The Scottish Football coverage is such a small part of Sky's expenditure that they're not going to be anywhere near as concerned as we are what happens to that deal.

I think it's called 'schedule filler'. sad.gif

This from RM

Lets be sensible here...........Dundee, Motherwell and Gretna could all disappear forever and nobody would really notice. Rangers meltdown affects everybody, because they all live of our scraps.

Thats what it boils down to.........they all depend on our club, and as Malcolm Murray so eloquently pointed out, the actions of the previous custodians of Rangers has a domino effect that no other club would have caused.

We've done nothing wrong,but David Murray & Whyte have let everybody down, big style.

Now I realise it's just the viewpoint of one orc but it seems to reflect the outlook of a great many of them.

Unless of course the general views on RM do NOTreflect those of the wider support.

Unlike here on P&B .( IMO.)

My point?

I just don't like theminges

Did Gretna not disappear a while ago?

I have no problems with the sponsorship money being split more equally ... we'll still have the CL games and cash to look forward to ..

I have seen this line trotted out by quite a few Celtic fans in recent weeks. You do know that for the forseeable future, Celtic will have to negotiate at least 2 qualifying rounds before they get to the group stages? Given your club's abysmal European record since Strachan left, I wouldn't be so confident about that Champions League cash if I were you.

Chris McLaughlin @BBCchrismclaug

#SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1.

Shifting the goalposts again?

Entirely possible. I suspect that also gives the lobbyists clear targets to go for.

BBC's Chris McLaughlin on Twitter stating that the SFL meeting continues, and that members have been advised that 16 out of the 30 clubs would be needed to vote Sevco into SFL1.

1. I didn't realise there was an actual mechanism that would mean they could get voted in above SFL3,

2. I also thought that any vote would need to have 23/30 mmbers in favour.

Pretty simple. Sky has lots of viewers who watch Scottish Football on their channels. Scottish football doesn't cost them very much for the number of viewers it gets.

(costs about 2% of what the premiership costs, but gets WAY more than 2% of the viewers). Scottish games get about 200k viewers, compared to 1M viewers for premiership matches.

Unless Sky wants to throw away one of it's better watched and cheapest sports, they will have to stick with SPL.

If these figures are true then it shows what a piss poor deal was negotiated by the wombling cock. A fifth of the EPL viewers but only gaining 2% of the revenue? This shows that Scottish football and Scottish viewers are more important to Sky than the SPL have estimated. This is a brilliant deal for Sky - they've negotiated it well. And now they've got a chance to renegotiate further due to there being no OF games.

The most important thing in a negotiation is understanding what's important (and not) to the other side - the SPL have failed to do this and sold our game short.

Rangers media is for poofs and pirates.<BR><BR>In the greatest ever Ranger thread some f**k-nut said Nacho fucking Novo - on the reasoning that in fact he is a true blue, not a ***** and as always followed Rangers due to some line he put in his book about his youth?? - Jesus wept.

Edited by rajpelt

An averge which would quickly alter without Rangers, as you are well aware.

Without Sevco, it would drop to about 100k average. 10% of premiership average.

Sky needs SPL just as much as SPL needs Sky. Cockwombles lies and threats will be exposed soon enough, Sky don't do walking away....

If these figures are true then it shows what a piss poor deal was negotiated by the wombling cock. A fifth of the EPL viewers but only gaining 2% of the revenue? This shows that Scottish football and Scottish viewers are more important to Sky than the SPL have estimated. This is a brilliant deal for Sky - they've negotiated it well. And now they've got a chance to renegotiate further due to there being no OF games.

The most important thing in a negotiation is understanding what's important (and not) to the other side - the SPL have failed to do this and sold our game short.

Agree to an extent. But Sky were the only ones at the table at the time. Main point is, Sky won't be walking away. Or if they did, someone else (BT?) would snap up the SPL as it's a bargain at current price, with or without SEVCO.

Sky are in a vulnerable state, given the hacking scandals aflicting NewsCorp, and the increasing savvy of competitors.

They are already losing customers to more flexible cable deals, they are not in the position of effective monopoly they are used to.

I can't see them bothering to re-negotiate this deal, they have much bigger problems.