Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So, SPL contracts require Rangers in the SPL in 2013/14..... so SFL1 literally needs to be rigged for Rangers to win it?! :lol:

Seems reasonable to me. They don't want them in the SPL directly, so they're going to demand they go into division 1 and then make sure that Rangers win it. Hurrah for sporting integrity!

Chicks view from 2002

"When they conduct the post-mortem on the death of the once-beautiful game in this country, there will be only one verdict: suicide.

The killing of Scottish football will be self-inflicted. But it won't have fallen on a sword or swallowed an overdose.

This is death by financial strangulation - and it put the noose around its own neck.

What have we done to the old man? For 100 years, he strode along fit and healthy and financially stable, but now he is all but battered into submission, ready to give up the ghost and I don't know whether to be angry or sad....

But I have a problem with clubs who can eject their debt by going into administration and then resume normal service in the same division while former employees - and not just players - are left drowning in a sea of debt. It is morally wrong. "

My, my Mr Young. How one's opinion changes over time..

John McVeigh is a tit

Don't forget a certain Mr Hugh Keevins, who at the time was using his column to state that Morton should be killed off as a consequence of being driven into the ground by an asset stripper. Presumably as we didn't say 'we were duped' at the first available moment. Within twelve months he had volte-faced to support the reconstitution of Airdrieonians, marking him out as an object of hypocrisy.

Hugh Keevins will never be welcome at or discussing our club.

It'll affect Berwick because one way or another the £1.9M Annual Settlement will, somehow or another, be torn up and taken away from the SFL clubs…

Chicken feed. How does Morton's share of that figure contrast with our annual £300,000 shortfall in the financial wilderness that is the First Division, or against a mass boycott of fans if clubs sell our league place down the river?

The Record and Doncaster have been using the Seville calculator to try and calculate some massive financial loss coming to the SFL. It is bollocks. The massive financial loss was already felt around 15 years ago when a group of clubs decided they did do walking away, for the benefit of their own financial greed.

With any luck, the aftershocks of this saga will lead to the complete and utter collapse of the SPL. It is not fit for purpose.

Just watched the Turnbull Hutton interview this morning, and I doff my cap to him. He's obviously tired of the whole damn thing, worried about the consequences of speaking out given the threats made against Raith after McCoist unleashed the hounds the last time, but still won't shut up and do what he's told out of fear.

Hero.

Link here (got to watch the stoopid ads tho as its STV)

turnbull_hutton.jpg

Edited by Macshimmy

Jim Spence@bbcjimspenceNeil Doncaster tells sfl that Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

Expand

So not content with wanting to parachute NewCo into Division 1, he wants it guaranteed that they'll win it as well?

Sporting integrity my sweet patootie.

So, SPL contracts require Rangers in the SPL in 2013/14..... so SFL1 literally needs to be rigged for Rangers to win it?! :lol:

Exactly. The stupidity of Doncaster and the SPL is actually beyond belief. They, at this very moment, are in Hampden telling 10 First Division chairmen that, for the good of Scottish football, they need to let Sevco win their league next season .

And they expect people to vote yes. :lol:

If this wasn't so pathetic and absolutely reeking of incompetence, I'd be pissing myself with laughter.

These comments that are coming out via. Spence et al have the whiff of Doncaster either being completely fucking useless or being in bed with TV companies and the OF (as was).

Let's hope he's never had wee envelope here and there / Holiday in the Seychelles, perchance ?

Still out on tour working in Europe but trying to catch up on this fiasco as and when, sorry but no time to read back the past 120 pages since I last logged in, can I get a quick round up of the past days events. I promise I will make it up to you all over the next few days, which I'll explain once I get my round up.....Thanks in advance fellow P&B'ers!!

With you there. With a little luck the SFL looks like it might break the 50/50, let alone the 75/25 vote. SFL clubs have shown up the SPL for the craven mess it is.

It's time to ditch the SPL and bring everything together under one group, though NOT this season and NOT for the benefit of the SPL tv deals and zombie lovers.

There is no vote today though. I believe this meeting has been arranged so SPL clubs can get a feel for opinion ahead of tomorrow. Any inkling that SFL clubs won't let them in then I think there may be some wobbles. Alloa and Brechin were right - this meeting should have been cancelled until AFTER tomorrows vote

Seriously? This bunch of charlatans will do whatever it takes; bribe the first division clubs, introduce the SPFL (with lopsided voting) instead of the SPL (and voila no Annual Settlement), breakaway from their breakaway and have another breakaway.

Any breakaway would need the approval of the SFA. The SPFL proposals would need the co-operation of the SFL clubs. Obviously, its not totally impossible for the SPL to get out of the Settlement payment, but its not as simple as you implied.

Contracts have clauses all the time ... and it is quite believable that someone would sign off on a clause that they thought would never come to pass .. especially given the amount of money on offer.

Unless you see a copy of the contract there's no way of knowing one way of the other. It's quite conceivable that they wrote a clause that of x number of games they were assured 'exclusive rights' to the 4 .. now defunct OG games.

Now it could depend entirely on how that clause was expressed or there could be a clause stating that both Celtic and Rangers must remain within the SPL for the contract to remain valid. ..

Then again .. there could be nothing.

However to state categorically that no such clause would be entertained in a muti-million pound contract is wishful thinking.

I dont think its wishful thinking that a sporting competition would not include clauses clearly at odds with the sporting nature of the the competition.

Well thats the fear/threat/intimidation, anyway.

Doncaster doesn't sign contracts himself, FFS :lol:!!

If the clauses exist it is because the sponsors wanted them and the clubs/Board were happy giving them.

Bob Diamond didnt fix the Libor rates.

TV deal with Sky-ESPN (for UK rights) was to rise from £13M p/a to £16M p/a. Sport5 is I assume an overseas broadcaster? Can't conclude from a Tweet what is meant.

I heard these 40% figures on the radio yesterday, it's complete nonsense. Whoever finish 1st gets 17% and whoever 2nd gets 15% - a maximum of 32% between them.

So, just over £1m per club for the rest then. Not peanuts, of course. But, if my calculations are correct, if the TV deal dropped from £16m to, for example, £10m each club outside the top two would lose ~£400k. Again, not peanuts, but not life threatening either, I wouldnt have thought.

In his defence, his job is to, and I quote, "Maximise the commercial value of Scottish Premier League football by fully exploiting commercial rights and properties" not to ensure sporting integrity. Its in the mission statement (Link, Warning: you may lol out loud) of the SPL. I have a feeling that any other SPL Chief Exec would be doing the same thing.

That said, his underhand tactics of blackmailing SFL clubs into accepting Rangers in Division 1 or creating SPL2 or bribing them £1m makes him a grade A c**t dry.gif

Thinking about it though, the silence from Celtic Park has been deafening on this whole subject. Makes me wonder what Mr Lawwell is saying to Neil Doncaster. After all, Celtic are the club who stand to lose the most.

Maybe, but that just sums up CEOs and all that is wrong with them. Cockwomble just happens to be a very good example of the species

Exactly. The stupidity of Doncaster and the SPL is actually beyond belief. They, at this very moment, are in Hampden telling 10 First Division chairmen that, for the good of Scottish football, they need to let Sevco win their league next season .

And they expect people to vote yes. :lol:

Doncaster really is a pathetic individual.

Why is he even punting this shite to the SFL?

If the SPL need Rangers then they should vote them into it. Why should it be left to the SFL to vote them into the 1st then allow them to win promotion?

Genuine question - what would Doncaster be doing if perfectly legitimate poor performances had seen Rangers relegated and struggling to win the First Division in the subsequent season?

Scottish football MUST change as a result of this fiasco.

I would happily watch a team that cannot attract the same calibre of player IF:

we are not so relaint on TV money the mere threat of it being withdrawn can possibly paralyse the game

we are not relaint on Sevco or Celtic and the possibility of them going bust can possibly paralyse the game

I remenmber Tom English a couple of weeks ago saying that if a club (can't remember if it was Killie or Motherwell) were so dependant upon 'Rangers' that they went bust without them then they deserve to go bust. Fully agree with that.

Genuine question - what would Doncaster be doing if perfectly legitimate poor performances had seen Rangers relegated and struggling to win the First Division in the subsequent season?

Panic!! Then run away

1341317162[/url]' post='6396052']

A hastily rushed reconstruction.

Ever see Quiz Show - the scene where the popular guy gets put out and behind the scenes they are scrambling for ways to have him stay - "invent a bonus round".

Something like that.

TV deal with Sky-ESPN (for UK rights) was to rise from £13M p/a to £16M p/a. Sport5 is I assume an overseas broadcaster? Can't conclude from a Tweet what is meant.

I heard these 40% figures on the radio yesterday, it's complete nonsense. Whoever finish 1st gets 17% and whoever 2nd gets 15% - a maximum of 32% between them.

Okay, so at the moment the OF take approx £4.3m, leaving an average of £900k for the other teams.

If there's no NewCo then the clubs can change the voting structure, then change the share out to be completely even (maybe even only for a transitional period)

Imagine that the SPL can negotiate a deal with Sky for half of what the current offer is, each SPL team would get £800k per annum.

With all teams I'd imagine yet to conclude their 2012/13 signings, I'd imagine everyone would be able to make up that shortfall.

I just don't get this Financial Armaggedon thing - and I'd hope most chairmen wouldn't either.

Jim Spence@bbcjimspenceNeil Doncaster tells sfl that Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

Expand

Surely if all SPL clubs said YES to Newco on the basis of this then FIFA/UEFA would be down on the SFA like a ton of bricks?? It must be negligent (at the very least) to even include a clause like this which essentially says "we agree to ensure that Rangers will remain in the SPL at all costs in order to fulfil the terms of the contract". It just can't be so?........