Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I have stood at Somerset for more than fifty years (although I do go home occasionally!) and I have seen bad times (applying for re-election in 1965) and good times (gaun yersel Ally). During that time I have seen fans drift away on flimsy pretexts such as - "Ah stoapped gaun when they pit up the price o the pies". Throughout it I have maintained my resolve through more thin than thick, maintaining that it would take something mega mega mega to tip me over the edge. Right now I am right on the edge. If this blackmail is allowed to succeed then it'll be Troon Juniors or the Medda for me. Sorry to be selfish and personalise this but I think's it's fair to say that my devotion/obstinacy towards Ayr United is mirrored at clubs throughout Scotland. I know that Falkirk, Motherwell, Dundee, Gretna and Livingston have had problems but, as far as I am aware, none of these clubs have had the polis chappin' at their door. Even if this blackmail threat blows away it will definitely never be forgotten.

It's shitty innit! In my more sober feelings, I feel Sevco FC deserve a fair crack o the whip to gain admission to the 3rd so long as their application is better than Gala (a local fave from year's back)

Anything else like SPL or relegating them to Div 1 or reorganising Scottish fitba solely to fit them in to play CELfish next year just makes it a joke. I'll watch my mate's wee boy blay games in the under 14s rather than suffer SPL/SFL/SPFL

Having had another look at the document I'd like to highlight a couple of things about the SPL2 Option:

They don't really sell themselves on the SPL2 option very well. It almost suggests that should they vote against putting Sevco in SFL1, then the SPL's position isn't very strong at all. It more likely forces the bigwigs into a corner. It's perhaps more of an empty threat more than anything else. Yet another "We did all we could to save Rangers, but nobody would accept our solutions".

The two points I've highlighted in red especially highlight the problem that they are suggesting, whereby if the clubs vote no to Sevco in SFL1, then there is little the SPL & SFL Chairmen and Boards can do to "fix" it. Perhaps the SFA aren't as complicit in all of this as we thought, and could well still ride in to uphold the banner of sporting integrity. (Am I being to hopefull here?)

Anyway, aren't we all forgetting something here? If Sevco fails to apply (and with all conditions met) for transfer of SFA membership today, then the games a bogey anyway, is it not?

ETA: My apologies for a poorly structured post there, which was essentially literacy diarrhea, with thoughts just thrown out as they came into my head!

The SFA don't give rats arse! Notice how the tribunal has been quietly forgotten about!!

I just hope if this goes through we all stick to our word and abandon scottish foodball. Those in charge don't deserve our money.

I kind of hope Sky pulls out of showing scottish football in order to put an end to this charade.

Edited by monrovianmonk

Dear Cockwomble

Well done. I really didn't think there would ever be someone i would want to punch in the face more than Ed Balls.

Resign now.

Yours

A fan of Sporting Integrity

Dear Cockwomble

Well done. I really didn't think there would ever be someone i would want to punch in the face more than Ed Balls.

Resign now.

Yours

A fan of Sporting Integrity

You didn't get a greenie last night, you're not getting one now. In fact, you're getting a red for it instead. We are not in a collectively happy mood today.

it seems to me that our footballing authorities have decided that Rangers (or Servco5088) are worth saving even to the destruction (note: not detriment) of the rest of Scottish football.

I can handle the fact that my team rarely wins anything but what I can't stomach is that we don't matter and are treated like some sort of fluffer to keep the OF match fit.

We really should do all we can to get both Rangers & Celtic down South because collectively they and the pandering authorities are killing our game.

I feel the same - BUT on point 2 even if East fife get a vote and voted against Sevco FC parachute yet it still happens, I'd unfortunately decline to pay to attend Bayview - not worth it, what's the point anymore?

You might as well pay per view and watch crapola WWF - it's as fake as that when fixed.

At least WWE ,as its now known (you must have watched WWF in the early 90s like me) does not hide behind a veil of "sporting integrity" when fixing who wins, it is transparently fake and makes no apologies for this. The beaks that run our game wouldnt know transaprency if it bit them on the arse.

The jags forum is in meltdown over this I imagine every other club is the same.

RESIGN COCKWOMBLE

Jags forum has been in meltdown ever since Beatties comments about how he would welcome NEWCO into Div 1, with open arms, Nolly!!

The SFA don't give rats arse! Notice how the tribunal has been quietly forgotten about!!

I just hope if this goes through we all stick to our word and abandon scottish foodball. Those in charge don't deserve our money.

I kind of hope Sky pulls out of showing scottish football in order to put an end to this charade.

At the moment, the tribunal applies to a dead/dying club, so is an irrelevance. Why waste the time/money?

If the SFA aren't on board with this, then the only thing I've seen them do which is wrong is their inaction.

Like many other I have been angry about some of the shenanigans that has accompanied the whole Rangers/newco fiasco, but I've never been so baffled as I have by yesterday's events.

Do the people behind this think we're mugs and that, after fan power being so obviously exercised over the No to newco in the SPL, that we're just going to sit back and accept this? Maybe not everyone who is threatening to turn their backs on the game will do so but sufficient numbers of us will; not just for next season but for the seasons beyond that.

Do the SPL/SFL/SFA think that their integrity as organisations can not be damaged further, because yesterday's actions have taken it to a new low. What do the SFA think the response will be to support for the national team who rely largely on the backing of the 'diddy' fans.

Signs are emerging that the whole thing will be kicked into touch. If and when it is it will expose those responsible for drafting such rubbish as not only incompetent but completely out of touch with the realities of Scottish football at this time.

Statement from Ayr United - sounds like we'll do the right thing:

http://www.ayrunited...nt_news_id=2997

Sorry, but how do you draw that conclusion from his statement. It could be taken either way. Short term self interest could mean Rangers in SFL3 and long term benefit of the game could mean the restructuring plans. His "statement" says nothing other than we will take a decision at some point if required.

The whole of Scottish football is a dogs dinner. Different voting %'s required for different situations (which they make up as they go along). Poorly drafted, ambiguous rules which they bend to suit themselves and their own agenda.

I applaud our chairman (no relation!) for having the balls to stand up for what is right.

I would be happy enough with Newco having to apply for the 3rd. That would bring cash to all the clubs if they did go through the leagues as a club with that level of support probably would. It even appears the Newco fans see this as the best option. In their eyes , they get to screw over the SPL clubs with gate/tv revenue drop, they get time to gather & build a team that could actually win the leagues (they don't have this at the moment). In the meantime, everyone gets that little bit more of a shot at success and a chance to prove they can live without the old firm

Hopefully it will all get kicked out and Cockwomble will have to come up with another, bigger outrageous plan which we can all laugh at just before he gets sacked for bringing the game into disrepute. Would be perfect if he tried to create SPL 2 and the clubs all told him to stick it.

Is it any wonder we haven't qualified for a major tourney since the SPL started? Money has killed us off, time to get back to basics

At least WWE ,as its now known (you must have watched WWF in the early 90s like me) does not hide behind a veil of "sporting integrity" when fixing who wins, it is transparently fake and makes no apologies for this. The beaks that run our game wouldnt know transaprency if it bit them on the arse.

Aye sorry - I'm not a big Pro Wrestling fan, just knew it when free and not as many multi-channels to avoid it just like I will do if Sky ever dare play Sevco FC vs Dumbarton (no disrepect fans).

If only there was Topless Darts to watch instead! Remember that?

Sorry, but how do you draw that conclusion from his statement. It could be taken either way. Short term self interest could mean Rangers in SFL3 and long term benefit of the game could mean the restructuring plans. His "statement" says nothing other than we will take a decision at some point if required.

He has always went against financial mismanagement, in Lachlan speak that's as big a no as you'll get.

The stitch up continues:

Rangers in crisis: Club could require simple majority to be admitted to first division

(http://www.dailyreco..._medium=twitter )

Oh theres a surprise. We have no rules about a 75% rule, but do you not have a rule about a liquidated team re-emerging as a NEWCO having to apply for entry at the bottom level???????? We stand 100% by the rules, unless we dont agree with them, then we totally disregard them, appears to be the motto here. There has got to some independent body that all this corruption can be reported to!!

Edited by Sting777

Was that Chick Young on BBC Breakfast getting interviewed about the 15 hour train journey to Glasgow?

I loved the fact that he didn't even get the usual red box with his name at the bottom of the screen which all other BBC staff or important people get. BBC obviously thought he was just a random nobody rather than a BBC member of staff. laugh.gif

This was my take on it as well.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Rarely do I dislike your posts, but it was a diatribe from an SPL wallah there - do you care little if you shove your dirty laundry to us wee teams and solves your immediate problem? It's not fun for uber-diddies either!

Having read your posts I think we're probably on the same side, but for the life of me I can't understand what your saying here. Care to rephrase it?