Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

FIFA will rip the SPL to pieces for this.

The the SPL suits think that they are going to bully the SFL clubs, then they should think twice because FIFA have this covered in their rules.... and they are already watching.

Posted this in the First Division forum, but may be of any interest to many here. Turnbull Hutton again, Raith Rovers director, in response to an email from myself.

He's a fuckin great guy is he no? More of him around and we'll be alright. I'm starting to calm down now, I just don't see how they think they can pull this one off, it's Div3 or death still.

EDIT - oh and Raith are my new second favourite club. 'Mon the Hutton!

Edited by zurcher

What is this crap about them being 'relegated' to the 1st Division, are they serious?? how can they be relegated??

Exactly. Rangers FC went bust and should be automatically expelled from the SPL. The Charles Green outfit is in my opinion a new club (formed 2012) and they should apply for a vacany in the SFL and start at the bottom like anyone else.

The claim that Scottish Football will lose £16m by Rangers going to Div 3, is a joke.

Who will lose money ?,

I can name 30 SFL clubs who won't lose £16m between them although if they vote in favour they could lose a lot.

Your joking.........they only pay the subs in the first place so they can watch the big league on Super Sundays and the El Classico.:P

Boycotting Sky will carry more weight than anything we can do to individual clubs.

Make no mistake.

The SPL directors have bent the fans over and stuck one right up the shiter. Oh aye we'll vote NO for the fans. We want them out... Oh but can we have them back in a year?

There will be a selection of DIV1 boards who will be sitting on a win win if they vote yes.

If a no vote is successful, the yes voting teams leave to form SPL 2.

If a yes vote is successful it means 2nd, 3rd and 4th will compete for a place in the SPL.

Just a pity that the thoughts of the fans will be ignored, integrity will be binned and all for the sake of joining the SPL, a division which up until last week was deemed a failure and drastic restructuring was required.

I'm gutted tonight as a thistle fan. Disgusted as all I see is the Thistle Boatd voting Yes against the fans wishes.

Actually, it should never have been any SFL chairmen's decision on this matter. None of those clubs created this mess and there are associations with their rules and people in charge to handle all of this.

But here we are because of passing the buck and a bit of underhand shenanigans.

The question of whether there should be a First Division with a Newco, with some cobbled together reconstruction that hasn't been thought out fully, for the best for Scottish football mind, is a mechanism that has been created to get some out of a hole.

The only question that ever should have been to the SFL chairmen is if they wanted to accept a Newco into Division 3.

Make no mistake.

The SPL directors have bent the fans over and stuck one right up the shiter. Oh aye we'll vote NO for the fans. We want them out... Oh but can we have them back in a year?

There will be a selection of DIV1 boards who will be sitting on a win win if they vote yes.

If a yes vote is successful it means 2nd, 3rd and 4th will compete for a place in the SPL.

Just a pity that the thoughts of the fans will be ignored, integrity will be binned and all for the sake of joining the SPL, a division which up until last week was deemed a failure and drastic restructuring was required.

I'm gutted tonight as a thistle fan. Disgusted as all I see is the Thistle Boatd voting Yes against the fans wishes.

Edited by Mip99

Make no mistake.

I don't see how its a win win for us. We stand to lose a fair chunk of fans with a yes vote.

“If this was Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Kilmarnock in the same position as Rangers, for example, there wouldn’t be the same guff as we’ve gone through over the last few months. I saw Charles Green suggest the SFA should be sitting down with them and discussing their punishment. That’s like saying someone accused of a driving offence or burglary should sit down with the judge and decide what sentence they get.”

Well said that man!

I don't think it's a win win... I fuckin hate the idea. But our short sighted club are right behind the yes vote. No doubt about it.

Beattie personally, I think based on his opinion and no one elses he would vote them in, in a second. Based on fan concensus though theres only one logical vote, surely he can't be that fucking stupid?

Make no mistake.

I'm gutted tonight as a thistle fan. Disgusted as all I see is the Thistle Board voting Yes against the fans wishes.

doom-mongering IMO.

Falkirk, Raith, Hamilton, Morton and Livingston are all opposed.

Dumbarton are consulting their fans, Dundee's board are consulting further.

Thistle released a sympathetic statement but that was before this outrageous blackmail.

Only Cowdenbeath seem likely to accept which is hardly surprising given the previous loyalties of their chairman and his (apparent) involvement in the group trying to unseat Hughie Green.

It's hardly a pretty picture for an easy set up of SPL2 at present.

Not sure if anyone is interested but this is the mail I hacve sent out to the footballing authorities, i am totally disgusted.

Dear Sirs,

A copy of this has been sent to SPL, SFL, SFA and my clubs Board of Directors.

Today's developments as reported both by the BBC and STV regarding the former club (Rangers) and it's latest incarnation Sevco5088, if true, are the most blatant piece of corruption that our game has ever seen – and yes, I include the whole sorry saga that has brought us to this position, in fact it will make Rangers alleged cheating look like a slightly dodgy penalty decision as the custodians of our game break into the stadium and steal the trophy as the game goes on!

I really was beginning to think that as the SPL chairmen made their various announcements last week that we were seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and Sevco5088 would be given the opportunity to build a reputation and proceed through the leagues were their team good enough to gain promotion season upon season.

This "plan" to parachute Sevco5088 into the second tier of Scottish football is nothing short of disgraceful, the SFA has stated that the worst offence to be committed in football is match fixing, well this goes WAY beyond that, what we are talking here is wholesale league fixing and I for one will not be part of it.

I would rather watch my team (Dundee United) playing in a public park in the Sunday Welfare league than pay money to watch them in the top tier of Scottish football if this proposal turns out to be true, whether approved by the clubs or not the very notion that SPL / SFL clubs would be complicit in such an underhand manoeuvre fills me with anger.

UEFA states that "In everything that we do, football must always be the first and most important element that we take into consideration. Football is a game before being a product, a sport before being a market, a show before being a business." Please could someone explain which part of this proposal even comes anywhere near this sentiment?

If this transpires then all I can say is that I am finished with Scottish senior football and this includes the national team, you have burst the ball and the game is over.

I know that I am far from being the only fan with these feelings and wonder where your precious commercial benefits and TV deals will be as blameless teams play infront of empty or near empty stadiums next season, please think long and hard before you destroy our game completely.

The only option is Sevco5088 in Div 3 providing they meet all criteria and are seen as the preferred option (other applications not withstanding).

I look forward to your replies.

Regards

(Name and address supplied)

I genuinely think this is a last desperate gamble by Doncaster, Topping and Green.

They know they are losing the SPL vote and are trying to desperately blackmail the SFL into ignoring their own rules.

My feeling is that they have played this card a couple of days too early. The shady closed door meetings between Sevco's "owner" and manager, and other SPL chairmen, added to Celtic's own sinister role in this, really do stink very badly.

Only the SFA has the power to impose this move unilaterally. The SPL can try and start SPL2, but if they are met with a united opposition from the SFL then they can form whatever league they like, no-one will join (other than Sevco themselves). The noises from at least half of next season's first division clubs have been very encouraging and I would expect more statements of opposition in the next few days.

I can understand the angry reaction but, consistently, this has been a story where its foolish to react emotionally and on the spur of the moment. Rather than being the death knell of the game, I can see this move 1. accelerating the end of the SPL as a separate body, having been shown to be thoroughly corrupt and lacking in any kind of credibility and 2. making it far more difficult for Sevco to win election to Division 3 when that comes around. Just as their taking of the SFA to the court of session was a major factor in their losing of support amongst fellow SPL chairmen, so this crude and clumsy attempt at coercion may well sink their ambitions to re-start in SFL 3. Blackmailing an organisation whom you are attempting to join is hardly a risk-free strategy.

Just as the Zombie Rangers just will not lie down and die, so too this story will simply not reach an end. Just when you think that the story is finally winding down, another twist comes along to change the picture completely. There will be a couple more twists to come yet in the next fortnight, but I'd expect the story to be finally ending around then- with the collapse of the SPL and Sevco desperately trying to persuade the clubs that they have threatened and blackmailed so obviously, to be allowed to join their ranks. IMO they have just made the task much, much more difficult.

To be honest I have struggled to understand Rangers' strategy throughout the whole crisis. Instead of emollience, admitting to their guilt, offering an apology and indicating a willingness to accept whatever punishment was meted out by the authorities, they have chosen confrontation, self-lacerating legal cases, one of the most shambolic and wonky administrations in the history of insolvency practice, a fetid cake garnished with self-pity, victimhood, and a few hallucinogenic vermecelli from the Papist conspiracy jar.

I actually was pretty content with the idea of Sevco starting again in SFL3- it's a severe punishment fitting their crimes. However, after today's farcical outburst from the SPL, I really hope they die and that Spartans, Cove or one of the country's top junior sides fills the SFL3 vacancy for the start of the new season.

What. A. Mess.

Cheers mate, thats pretty much what I managed to glean from the info on the reading so far since I miss a bunch, that the SPL are now trying to blackmail the SFL if the document is to be believed, which should only serve to reinforce the fortitude of SFL chairmen who knew the SPL was a leveraged corrupt money grabbing self interest serving piece of crap aimed at the bigger sides and the OF in general. Good post, duly greenied!wink.gif