Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Cant seeing them getting the votes needed to get in to the SFL 3 even if they somehow manage to get a team together and get over all the other hurdles.

The sooner they are consigned to history the better. They truly are Scotlands shame.:angry:

I keep going back to the 3 years audited accounts in my mind.

If they transfer the oldco's SFA membership, has uid oldco not still to hand in accounts for this past year? Does this part of the criteria matter if they transfer the membership and end up applying for the 3rd?

I just can't see how if they fail to transfer the membership or even if they do, how they can fufil even the most basic requirements for submitting an application, Nae players, Nae compliant stadium and Nae chance it seems to me!

It's been a while since we've had a statement from the Charlie Green circus. I'd expect one today given the situation with the non-transferring players and rumours of payroll not being met. The Goram/Brown stuff is a sideshow, amusing as it is.

Despite everything that's happened in the past few days the master plan is still not clear. I'd expect this will have changed by the end of the week. My expectation is that Green is another that does walking away.

Very proud of our BoD right now. Turnbull's latest statement shows that even diddy teams like the rovers can, and will, stand up to bully boy tactics. Sally how stupid do you feel right now? Bet you wish you'd kept your mouth shut now don't ya?

Regardless of what plans may, or may not, have been made by Murray, Whyte and Green it remains our task as fans of Scottish football to see this through to the end. Already we've seen that the fans voice has power when it's focused and together. At the very least we need to keep working to spread the news and ensure justice is done and at best Sevco have to start life in the third.

Over On FF the Paranoids are convinced it has been a timmy conspiracy from the start and some timmy millionaires are behind their downfall and stopping sevco5088 from getting in to league

Opus dei I tell thee, it's opus dei!!

Sounds legit. I'm convinced.

:D

It's been a while since we've had a statement from the Charlie Green circus. I'd expect one today given the situation with the non-transferring players and rumours of payroll not being met. The Goram/Brown stuff is a sideshow, amusing as it is.

I expect one today or tomorrow saying ''see ya''.........

I suspect most other Chairmen understand and agree with the Raith Rovers rationale - the only difference is how much they are prepared to compromise their true feelings for the potential revenue benefits. Like the SPL scenario I'm sure that the momentum will build up to a resounding "No".

If the SFA/SFL/SPL push through a "compromise for the betterment of Scottish Football" there will be more "walking away" than you can shake a stick at - at not just from Sevco 5088!

Cant seeing them getting the votes needed to get in to the SFL 3 even if they somehow manage to get a team together and get over all the other hurdles.

The sooner they are consigned to history the better. They truly are Scotlands shame.:angry:

I don't particularly want to see the whole club killed. A new start in division three seems reasonable to me. I think they'd get the votes for entry at that level, and probably steamroller the leagues on the way up, but it would provide a clean slate and a chance for the club to remove itself from the vile bigotry that accompanies it.

I don't particularly want to see the whole club killed. A new start in division three seems reasonable to me. I think they'd get the votes for entry at that level, and probably steamroller the leagues on the way up, but it would provide a clean slate and a chance for the club to remove itself from the vile bigotry that accompanies it.

.... except we know that won't happen. IF Sevco 5088 enter Div 3, that means they'll have a team, a stadium, an infrastructure... and a cause. It'll be WATP x 1000.... and IF they reached the SPL again, boy, that first game at Pittodrie will be fun.

It'll be worse than now. Their bombast and superiority WATP complex, never mind the Billy Boy pish, would be in hyper-drive.

Doing a 'Third Lanark' would be the best thing for Scottish society, not just Scottish football.

Right, boys and girls, I've caught up with the overnight stuff. No rangers or Andy & Andy's Globetrotters? Think I'll stick with no rangers. Off to work now - fully expect twenty plus pages to read when (if) I get back in time for the footy on telly. See you all later.

Oh, BTW, the orc on "lifers"? We've got one in our place, too. Currently consoling him with the prospect of following his local team next year....

He's from A*r!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I'm not so sure about them being able to steamroller the leagues. It's their business plan that worries me and I can see Newco going bust on its way up the leagues. How do they fund the better class of player needed for this steamrollering when they have the upkeep of Ibrox (someone said £3M per month in running costs but that seems a wee bit steep) and Murray Park but with lower crowds, lower TV and advertising revenues and no income from Europe? Someone is going to have to get creative on the commercial side, and I don't mean in the same way as Murray or Whyte.

All they have on their side is a larger-than-average fan base - they'll have to keep Ibrox full for the next 3 years if they're to have any chance.

And imagine being one of their squad. You've got to think that the majority of their SFL3 squad are likely to be SFL2 class at best but they know they'll get cast aside as soon as The Rangers get promoted - they'll need SFL1 quality when they're in SFL2 and so on. Not sure I'd be happy signing up for that if I had any ambition.

Hold on a minute, am I reading this right;

But he insisted: “Since no one from the Rangers regime has had the balls to do, as a former Hamilton and Dundee player I want to apologise on behalf of my club to the whole of Scottish football.”

Is that... is that an apology? :unsure:

I think he's apologising for having played for Dundee and Hamilton. Fair enough.

There would seem to be no way for them to ensure that only East Fife fans are answering that survey. Must be a more targeted way to reach them, surely?

I'm not sure EFFC have the resources to do that in the timescale - i.e. email, get returns, then manage the data.

And bye-the-bye, it seems a strange criticism of an uber-diddy Club's efforts when the Pars one is no more secured. :angry:

no love for Rangers or Celtic for that matter, like you i want to see them being fittingly punished and not killed, my biggest bugbear was the lack of humility from the club and the fans, at least john brown has made a start by his apology on behalf of the club, i keep thinking to myself would the game in this country be better off without Rangers or better with it, some of my happiest moments supporting Killie was victories over Rangers and Celtic, that is why i don't want to see Rangers die, it wasn't the fans that robbed the HMRC of PAYE or dual contracts, that was the act of two very clever and devious crooks that owned their club, i just wish the Rangers fans would show the same act of humilty as john brown

.... except we know that won't happen. IF Sevco 5088 enter Div 3, that means they'll have a team, a stadium, an infrastructure... and a cause. It'll be WATP x 1000.... and IF they reached the SPL again, boy, that first game at Pittodrie will be fun.

It'll be worse than now. Their bombast and superiority WATP complex, never mind the Billy Boy pish, would be in hyper-drive.

Doing a 'Third Lanark' would be the best thing for Scottish society, not just Scottish football.

I've always held that believe that we need to treat the former Rangers the same as everyone else would be treated. So the punishment should be appropriate and they should not get any special favours, however after that they have the right to work their way back up the leagues.

That said I find it hard to disagree with what you say. I cannot see contrition being a feature of a reborn newco Rangers support.