Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The saddest thing about this whole debacle is that Rangers - their fans and previous owners - could easily have saved themselves by uttering one simple word. 'Sorry'.

It seems sorry really is the hardest word to say.

Had they held their hands up, apologised, canvassed the supporters of the other clubs they have cheated and bullied for years and promised to turn over a new leaf given a chance I'm sure humanity would have taken over and they would have been spared. In times of trouble you would like to think the 'best of you' appears. Unfortunately for Rangers case the opposite happened. The worst of Rangers Football Club appeared.

The threats, the ‘Bully Boy’ tactics, the utterly flabbergasting sense of self importance and self righteousness have caused their own downfall. Too big too fail? Nope, it's just nobody likes you enough to bother to save you and that’s your own doing.

They always say, you better be nice to people on the way up.....you'll meet them on the way down again.

Raith and Falkirk both confirmed NO to SFL1

biggrin.gif

Is voting in the SFL done by divisions (ie first division clubs only get a say on first division matters) or do the entire SFL get a vote? I understood it to be that it was everyone. Reason I ask is that presumably, a lot of second and third division chairmen would prefer Sevco to pass through their leagues first to get some sort of commercial benefit and so would kybosh the direct entry to the first.

That fat slimeball Traynor is spouting his nonsense as per.

He claims that the 'mob mentality' lacks intelligence, then proceeds to make a total.arse of himself by harping on about Rangers being shunted down to the 3rd.

Yet we lack intelligence, coming from a fat sleazebag who cannot differentiate between an oldco being relegated as punishment (which isn't happening here) and a newco being accepted into a league system (which is).

Absolutely fucking hopeless at his job. Why does he still get painful employment? His reputation should have been dirt by now after this entire saga.

Alex Thomson's just tweeted the "Walking way" gif...

alex thomson@alextomoThis should amuse all fans of all colours who've a sense of humourhttp://i48.tinypic.com/2s1rh8p.gif

Expand

An unwise move. He's had to delete and issue an apology.

Hi guys. First post. I see this thread is where it's happening. Just a question, why is it in the SPL forum?

Read it from the start.....the explanations lie within......

Is voting in the SFL done by divisions (ie first division clubs only get a say on first division matters) or do the entire SFL get a vote? I understood it to be that it was everyone. Reason I ask is that presumably, a lot of second and third division chairmen would prefer Sevco to pass through their leagues first to get some sort of commercial benefit and so would kybosh the direct entry to the first.

All 30 members of the SFL vote (might be 29 if they do it after one team has moved to SPL)

Mob-mentality is nothing more than a negative synonym for democracy. This very thread reflects a sea-change in the way facts and information are distributed and processed, and if it influences the governing bodies to get their heads out their arses, then how can this be a bad thing?

You obviously believe what you say and there's no doubt all areas of the game will be effected by recent events, but can't you see the long-term benefits? At the least you must admit this issue has polarised opinion and united factions to an extent which I can't remember happening in my 40 years. Again I can only see positives. If this issue was passing by largely ignored then I would fear for the future of the game, but these days I'm feeling more positive about it than I ever have.

Your witch-hunt defence may have a grain of truth in it inasmuch as I think there are a fair few clubs out there with some dirty secrets. No doubts there's lots of jiggery-pokery going on in lots of clubs and also no doubts if the public opinion was against one of them, it could drive them out of business. But this is just life; Rangers ripped the arse out of it to such a great extent that they became Caesar. Well paint me Mark fucking Anthony. In ANY walk of life, be it working, domestic or social, if someone gets too full of themselves they get their wings clipped.

The last 50 years of society allowed Rangers to flourish and re-build their empire on bigotry and deception. Here's to the next 50 under the rent-a-mob.

United factions? A veritable understatement, good sir. What has become apparent on this thread that when the future of our game is at stake, petty rivalries take a back seat. I have had good relationships develop with fans from almost every other side in Scotland, strengthened by our common desire to see the game survive. Yes, there's already been one casualty, and a bloody big one too. Yes, there could be more - I'm a Killie fans, ffs, so the possibility is more real than for some.

What has shone through for me across this whole sorry saga has been an acknowledgment of common ground - the things that bind us together as football fans. The shared experiences of the highs and lows inherent in investing your emotions in a completely irrational manner. The ability to recall the shit times with a "we were there" wry grin, the mental ability to recite cup-winning teams from decades ago, the mental card-index of where to buy a pie and when you're better off going to the chippy down the road......

Most importantly, the majority of the fans on here (including at least one of the No. 8s) are FOOTBALL fans. We love our sides, but we also love the game. If I can't get to Killie (and it's not easy for me to regularly take a whole 7am-11pm day trip), then there's usually a game at York, Hull, Leeds, Sheffield. And then there's the idiot-box - loads of lovely Bundesliga/La Liga on there.

This is what the (follow) followers of rangers just don't get. Football is, for the majority, secondary to their definition as the anti-celtic. Proud to be prod, tarrier conspiracy, ****** b*****d, thimmy, etc. The whole "with us or against us" mentality. Well, you've got your answer now. The majority of Scottish football and, I believe, Scotland, cannot wait to see the back of this festering sore on the face of our nation. And it's not mob rule. It IS the will of the people.

This club has spent decades cheating the taxpayer, its fellow clubs, and its own supporters(although they were more than willing to buy into the fantasy). They have been caught. They have no place in any sporting arena. None.

I only hope that we can be as civil to each other when the season starts and battle resumes. I'll try and respect Cutty Old and Itzdrk, but you can bet WFAANW will surface at some point during the season. No doubt plenty will have a pop at Killie's style of play or our outspoken manager (who says what he wants, BTW). Fine - that's banter.

It's about football. WE are about football. Let's remember that and move on. It is indeed a once in a lifetime opportunity, and to turn it down for thirty pieces of tainted silver would be unforgivable.

Oh, and celtic? We're watching you. The death of rangers means the death of whataboutery. So play nice, OK?

Yeah it looks likely green gambled that he cud con players into tupeing over and use transfer fees along with st cash as working capital and assumed spl was a given. On ssn he looked like a man that had lost his lottery ticket. Wud love to see him explain this to his mystery men investors

Yet another issue for anyone even thinking of letting these scum back into the game at any level. How can you check out "fit and proper" or "due diligence" on a bunch of imaginary money-men?

We demand to know who these people are! We demand transparency! The fans deserve better! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

SAY NO TO NEWCO PART II

Surely any re-organisation of the league system would require all SPL and SFL teams to vote on it. In which case we still have to make it clear to our clubs that we do not want a re-structuring of our leagues, purely to benefit the newco. We can't accept this constant shifting of the rules. Any newco can only apply for SFL3 as per the existing rules.

I'm actually for a re-structuring but for the correct reasons. By all means let's have serious talks about it but no changes to take place for at least two seasons.

The argument isnt over yet.

United factions? A veritable understatement, good sir. What has become apparent on this thread that when the future of our game is at stake, petty rivalries take a back seat. I have had good relationships develop with fans from almost every other side in Scotland, strengthened by our common desire to see the game survive. Yes, there's already been one casualty, and a bloody big one too. Yes, there could be more - I'm a Killie fans, ffs, so the possibility is more real than for some.

What has shone through for me across this whole sorry saga has been an acknowledgment of common ground - the things that bind us together as football fans. The shared experiences of the highs and lows inherent in investing your emotions in a completely irrational manner. The ability to recall the shit times with a "we were there" wry grin, the mental ability to recite cup-winning teams from decades ago, the mental card-index of where to buy a pie and when you're better off going to the chippy down the road......

Most importantly, the majority of the fans on here (including at least one of the No. 8s) are FOOTBALL fans. We love our sides, but we also love the game. If I can't get to Killie (and it's not easy for me to regularly take a whole 7am-11pm day trip), then there's usually a game at York, Hull, Leeds, Sheffield. And then there's the idiot-box - loads of lovely Bundesliga/La Liga on there.

This is what the (follow) followers of rangers just don't get. Football is, for the majority, secondary to their definition as the anti-celtic. Proud to be prod, tarrier conspiracy, ****** b*****d, thimmy, etc. The whole "with us or against us" mentality. Well, you've got your answer now. The majority of Scottish football and, I believe, Scotland, cannot wait to see the back of this festering sore on the face of our nation. And it's not mob rule. It IS the will of the people.

This club has spent decades cheating the taxpayer, its fellow clubs, and its own supporters(although they were more than willing to buy into the fantasy). They have been caught. They have no place in any sporting arena. None.

I only hope that we can be as civil to each other when the season starts and battle resumes. I'll try and respect Cutty Old and Itzdrk, but you can bet WFAANW will surface at some point during the season. No doubt plenty will have a pop at Killie's style of play or our outspoken manager (who says what he wants, BTW). Fine - that's banter.

It's about football. WE are about football. Let's remember that and move on. It is indeed a once in a lifetime opportunity, and to turn it down for thirty pieces of tainted silver would be unforgivable.

Oh, and celtic? We're watching you. The death of rangers means the death of whataboutery. So play nice, OK?

Hopefully, Alex Salmond will read this.

You`re all deluded.... I never realised that Scotland had so many legal experts and tax experts all playing on the same forum and don`t even get me started on the subject of "sporting integrity" experts. How do you measure sporting integrity by the way?

Judging by the way that the people charged with the responsibility of looking after the interests of their own clubs (ie Chairmen, Boards of Directors )and also tasked with the responsibility of running their own league, ie member clubs of the SPL, have been and are still currently behaving, then its absolutely no surprise that the Scottish game is in the state that it is. Greed, delusion,fear, self-interest, procrastination are just some of the character traits that are currently being portrayed by the afore-mentioned office bearers for each of the respective clubs. They are to busy trying to be seen to be pleasing the "rent-a-mob fan base" that have suddenly surfaced waving the sporting integrity banner in one hand and their club colours in the other hand. To pass a decision of this magnitude over to the afore mentioned rent-a-mob fans is nothing short of ridiculous (it`s also a breach of their fiduciary duties as a Company Director) It would appear that not one of them has had the courage to actually say "NO COMMENT " when being asked which way their club will vote on July 04th whilst at the same time actually then looking at all the COMMERCIAL implications of rejecting an application for NEWCO to join the SPL. By pandering to the rent-a-mob they are collectively signing the death warrant of the game in Scotland and consigning the SPL to years in the doldrums. I`ll guarantee you that all the so called "supporters" who have been on the forums, newspapers, radio etc over this saga will be the very same ones who will be on the same media vehicles a year from now complaining about the state of Scottish football and how poorly regarded we are by the rest of the world,we need league re-construction,oh woe is me, etc..................... do these so called office bearers currently charged with making these decisions today really think that all the rent-a-mob fans are going to be digging deep into their pockets and turning out in the middle of winter when moneys tight, Xmas is coming and the weathers crap because Dundee/Dunfermline/Club 12 are coming calling. The rent-a-mob fans will be out shopping with their wives,sitting at home on their key boards typing crap about something else,sitting watching the darts on TV.......the only thing they won`t be doing is out supporting their clubs. It will be a similar story in the last quarter of the season as well because 99% of them will have ZERO to play for. So by the end of the coming season each of the clubs (the ones that survive,because Administration is a heart beat away for at least 2 of them) will then see the real effects of the decision made this season. Budgets and revenues will be slashed to levels that will then finish the job of consigning the SPL to a level that it will never recover from. This decision will send ripples through the Scottish game right down to grass roots level so the SFL, Junior and Amateur leagues are all going to feel the effects of this decison for years to come.

Before the brain surgeons,doctors,protectors of sporting integrity,rent-a-mob start beating their key boards to death with their sarcastic, un-witty responses finished with just the right measure of bile, I`d like to point out that at no point have I condoned ANY of the actions of Rangers or the previous administration at the club. They will have to deal with the ramifications of their actions for years to come.In the fullness of time the criminal investigation will hopefully lead to the right people being called to account at all levels.

You should all be honest and admit that none of the current out pouring is being done in the name of "sporting integrity" or because you think that your club has been hard done to at some point by Rangers. You are being carried along with the mob mentality which says more about our current society than anything else has ever done in the last 50 years. I was fortunate enough to have played professional football at a decent level and I know what goes on behind the scenes of clubs up and down the country and some of it isn`t pretty nor legal. If you are all really hell bent on "sporting integrity" then you should now be lobbying the powers that be (SFA,SPL,SFL) to carry out an audit of ALL the member clubs on the same basis as the audit carried out on Rangers. " Without fear or favour " I believe was the phrase used by Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster on several occassions. Mr Regan and Mr Doncasters respective panels would be snowed under with the "prima facae" evidence of financial mis-management,contractual irregularities and overall general bad management at every member club. What then????

I have good memories from football and I`ll share those memories with my son`s and let them watch the DVD`s of what the game used to be like in Scotland. I`ll encourage them to play football and enjoy it for what it is now but I`ll also enjoy taking them fishing,golfing and any other outdoor pursuits that catch my eye because football at a serious level in Scotland is now officially in decline after the keys to the asylum were handed over to the patients.

Last one out please make sure you turn the lights off...........

Thanks for cheering me up this morning :D

Only 2 things I really want to pull you up on, although you provide do much ammunition I could be here all day;

1. Sporting Integrity basically amounts to sticking honestly to the rules of whichever sport you are playing, most definitely not bending said rules for the benefit of any particular player/club

2. "Rent-a-mob fans"

My club had to recently bring in overnight security and bring in extra police for an end of season match versus Queen of the South.

Why?

Because after our director Eric Drysdale was outed (at fat Sallys request) for standing up gor his beleifs re a punishment for Rangers our club was given numerous threats, from firebombing Starks Park, to causing disruption at the match, even threats of violence against our directors. So I'm sorry but your accusations of us all being rent-a-mob fans doesn't cut any fucking ice with me.

What we are seeing here is more like a revolution where "the people" (ironically that's US this time) rise up against the fat tyrannical b*****ds that have lorded it over them for years, occasionally throwing them the scraps from their table, & guess what, "the people" have had enough, "the people" are revolting!

"WE ARE THE PEOPLE!" ;)