Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

He could move on loan also. Charles Green appears to be a shrewd customer, so he wouldn't want the players transferring to the NEWCO if it was going to damage his consortiums bank account

Oh, where to begin with this one? Maybe you can explain how far the consortium's bank account will cope with paying champagne prices in a brown ale league (No offence, Div 3 fans!), when they've still got "Who's Davy Cooper" Park and Snake Mountain to maintain? Assuming they get into ANY league, that is....

Could the death of Rangers be the saving of Scottish football?

I know I am going to support my club as much as possible following their stance on the newco situation. On twitter I see fans declaring that they will attend more matches and show more support for their clubs. Sure, it will be hard for two or three seasons but with our clubs putting the sport back into the game I think there is a chance that we might be looking at a revival of the Scottish game in the long run. The stands and terraces could become busier soon.

If St Mirren fail to vote NO (I expect that we will ultimately chase them, as it goes), then I have a difficult decision to make.

I've been clear that I would not return to another SPL match if any NewCo were afforded direct entry, but it seems that I won't need to concern myself with such an outcome now. I would, however, have to decide what to do if St Mirren either vote YES (very unlikely, IMO), or fail to indicate how they would have voted in the event that Sevco withdraw their application to join the SPL and no formal vote ultimately takes place.

I want to show my support to those clubs that have had the balls to make a public statement, and also welcome the supporters of other clubs who have collectively brought us to this point. I would struggle, though, to continue to offer my support to St Mirren if we adopted a contrary position.

I very much hope I am not placed in a position whereby I have to make this decision. Come on Mr Gilmour, you still have time, along with your colleagues on the board, to signal your clear intent to do the right thing.

The closing date for the canvassing of 10000Hours CiC members views regarding the NewCo vote is at the end of play tomorrow. I expect we'll get a statement form the BoD of SMFC on Thursday or Friday at the latest. I hope to be planning for the season ahead thereafter.

So proud of my wee team, I expected nothing less after fat sally's "who are these people" rant.

If they are in competition with anyone for the vacant Div 3 position then they shouldn't get in there either.

Bye Bye Rangers, don't let the door hit you on the way out!!

Good on Raith. Always had a soft-spot for them as my late Uncle played for RR back in the day (and also had a spell with Hearts).

It saddens me that my own club haven't made a public statement of intent as yet, but I expect that to come soon.

Nah. Aristotle defined the goal of tragedy as eliciting "pity and fear" in the audience. This spectacle has notably failed to elicit much fear and utterly failed to elicit any pity.

This is more Chekov, showing the failure of the once powerful noble class to adopt to a changed world in which the old certainty of serfdom was no more and the inability of people to confront unpleasant reality.

Does Murray Park have a cherry orchard?

Not yet

I thought the debt died with the old company, no?

Apparently so - as did the history and the name. Rough with the smooth, cake and eat it (can't have your), etc.

Is it REALLY that difficult, or do orcs just have extremely thick skulls?

I would, however, have to decide what to do if St Mirren either vote YES (very unlikely, IMO), or fail to indicate how they would have voted in the event that Sevco withdraw their application to join the SPL and no formal vote ultimately takes place.

GLS was pretty clear on B&WA last night as to how he would have been voting had the sale went through this week, and how glad he was to see that such a large majority of the support would back him on it.

You`re all deluded.... I never realised that Scotland had so many legal experts and tax experts all playing on the same forum and don`t even get me started on the subject of "sporting integrity" experts. How do you measure sporting integrity by the way?

Judging by the way that the people charged with the responsibility of looking after the interests of their own clubs (ie Chairmen, Boards of Directors )and also tasked with the responsibility of running their own league, ie member clubs of the SPL, have been and are still currently behaving, then its absolutely no surprise that the Scottish game is in the state that it is. Greed, delusion,fear, self-interest, procrastination are just some of the character traits that are currently being portrayed by the afore-mentioned office bearers for each of the respective clubs. They are to busy trying to be seen to be pleasing the "rent-a-mob fan base" that have suddenly surfaced waving the sporting integrity banner in one hand and their club colours in the other hand. To pass a decision of this magnitude over to the afore mentioned rent-a-mob fans is nothing short of ridiculous (it`s also a breach of their fiduciary duties as a Company Director) It would appear that not one of them has had the courage to actually say "NO COMMENT " when being asked which way their club will vote on July 04th whilst at the same time actually then looking at all the COMMERCIAL implications of rejecting an application for NEWCO to join the SPL. By pandering to the rent-a-mob they are collectively signing the death warrant of the game in Scotland and consigning the SPL to years in the doldrums. I`ll guarantee you that all the so called "supporters" who have been on the forums, newspapers, radio etc over this saga will be the very same ones who will be on the same media vehicles a year from now complaining about the state of Scottish football and how poorly regarded we are by the rest of the world,we need league re-construction,oh woe is me, etc..................... do these so called office bearers currently charged with making these decisions today really think that all the rent-a-mob fans are going to be digging deep into their pockets and turning out in the middle of winter when moneys tight, Xmas is coming and the weathers crap because Dundee/Dunfermline/Club 12 are coming calling. The rent-a-mob fans will be out shopping with their wives,sitting at home on their key boards typing crap about something else,sitting watching the darts on TV.......the only thing they won`t be doing is out supporting their clubs. It will be a similar story in the last quarter of the season as well because 99% of them will have ZERO to play for. So by the end of the coming season each of the clubs (the ones that survive,because Administration is a heart beat away for at least 2 of them) will then see the real effects of the decision made this season. Budgets and revenues will be slashed to levels that will then finish the job of consigning the SPL to a level that it will never recover from. This decision will send ripples through the Scottish game right down to grass roots level so the SFL, Junior and Amateur leagues are all going to feel the effects of this decison for years to come.

Before the brain surgeons,doctors,protectors of sporting integrity,rent-a-mob start beating their key boards to death with their sarcastic, un-witty responses finished with just the right measure of bile, I`d like to point out that at no point have I condoned ANY of the actions of Rangers or the previous administration at the club. They will have to deal with the ramifications of their actions for years to come.In the fullness of time the criminal investigation will hopefully lead to the right people being called to account at all levels.

You should all be honest and admit that none of the current out pouring is being done in the name of "sporting integrity" or because you think that your club has been hard done to at some point by Rangers. You are being carried along with the mob mentality which says more about our current society than anything else has ever done in the last 50 years. I was fortunate enough to have played professional football at a decent level and I know what goes on behind the scenes of clubs up and down the country and some of it isn`t pretty nor legal. If you are all really hell bent on "sporting integrity" then you should now be lobbying the powers that be (SFA,SPL,SFL) to carry out an audit of ALL the member clubs on the same basis as the audit carried out on Rangers. " Without fear or favour " I believe was the phrase used by Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster on several occassions. Mr Regan and Mr Doncasters respective panels would be snowed under with the "prima facae" evidence of financial mis-management,contractual irregularities and overall general bad management at every member club. What then????

I have good memories from football and I`ll share those memories with my son`s and let them watch the DVD`s of what the game used to be like in Scotland. I`ll encourage them to play football and enjoy it for what it is now but I`ll also enjoy taking them fishing,golfing and any other outdoor pursuits that catch my eye because football at a serious level in Scotland is now officially in decline after the keys to the asylum were handed over to the patients.

Last one out please make sure you turn the lights off...........

Mob-mentality is nothing more than a negative synonym for democracy. This very thread reflects a sea-change in the way facts and information are distributed and processed, and if it influences the governing bodies to get their heads out their arses, then how can this be a bad thing?

You obviously believe what you say and there's no doubt all areas of the game will be effected by recent events, but can't you see the long-term benefits? At the least you must admit this issue has polarised opinion and united factions to an extent which I can't remember happening in my 40 years. Again I can only see positives. If this issue was passing by largely ignored then I would fear for the future of the game, but these days I'm feeling more positive about it than I ever have.

Your witch-hunt defence may have a grain of truth in it inasmuch as I think there are a fair few clubs out there with some dirty secrets. No doubts there's lots of jiggery-pokery going on in lots of clubs and also no doubts if the public opinion was against one of them, it could drive them out of business. But this is just life; Rangers ripped the arse out of it to such a great extent that they became Caesar. Well paint me Mark fucking Anthony. In ANY walk of life, be it working, domestic or social, if someone gets too full of themselves they get their wings clipped.

The last 50 years of society allowed Rangers to flourish and re-build their empire on bigotry and deception. Here's to the next 50 under the rent-a-mob.

Oh, where to begin with this one? Maybe you can explain how far the consortium's bank account will cope with paying champagne prices in a brown ale league (No offence, Div 3 fans!), when they've still got "Who's Davy Cooper" Park and Snake Mountain to maintain? Assuming they get into ANY league, that is....

Yeah it looks likely green gambled that he cud con players into tupeing over and use transfer fees along with st cash as working capital and assumed spl was a given. On ssn he looked like a man that had lost his lottery ticket. Wud love to see him explain this to his mystery men investors

GLS was pretty clear on B&WA last night as to how he would have been voting had the sale went through this week, and how glad he was to see that such a large majority of the support would back him on it.

Aye, it seemed that way, but GLS won't be voting for the club.

No way arsenal will let unregistered newco put a clogger like McCullouch play against rvp! They. Wont be insured so imagine the kerfuffle if one of wengers boys was injured!! Besides how newco gonna get there? Hitchhike?

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

In a league which only has one promotion place, it's no surprise that any club with the slightest chance of competing for the top place will tell Sevco to f**k off.

Hopefully Dumbarton and the likes don't see it as an opportunity to cash in, although it doesn't take a huge crowd to fill the Rock to capacity I suppose so it's not like they'll get that much financial game from it. I'd guess that Morton and Partick would be the most likely to vote 'Yes'.

Nah. Aristotle defined the goal of tragedy as eliciting "pity and fear" in the audience. This spectacle has notably failed to elicit much fear and utterly failed to elicit any pity.

This is more Chekov, showing the failure of the once powerful noble class to adopt to a changed world in which the old certainty of serfdom was no more and the inability of people to confront unpleasant reality.

Does Murray Park have a cherry orchard?

Response from RM

Fvck of,ya bead rattlin' tarrier ****** diddy basturt ye :)

Just been listening to Keith "petted lip "Jackson on Talksport. Unbelievable pish he spouts. Apparently it's all the fault of us internet forum loudmouths that his dear Rangers are being punished. We are a small vocal minority that has forced our clubs to "punish" the Rangers unjustifiably. It was all Craig Whyte's fault according to Keith.

Ok Keith since you appear to be a member of the hard of thinking club, here are a few facts;

* your club were cheating by using EBT's under Minty moonbeams not Craig Whyte;

* your club ran up an astronomical amount of debt thus killing yourselves;

* you club had absolutely no sympathy for Airdrie when they were in trouble;

* your club wanted to leave the SPL and would have done so if the opportunity presented itself:

* Rangers have had one punishment a ten point deduction which was tokenistic and had no impact whatsoever on income:

* the vote is against a NEWCO you half wit, your Rangers are DEAD, this is not a punishment;

* the one punishment Rangers received was foolishly appealed;

and I think you will find that 90% of the fans of other SPL clubs don't want newco. Hardly a minority. I have colleagues that can help you with numeracy problems please attend one of our classes.

I await with bated breath for the punishments for Rangers to actually really begin.

Internet Forum loudmouth and proud of it.

Great post - nae greenies left though...

I love to see the Red Top hacks who have benefitted greatly from their cosy wee relationship with Rangers over the years flailing around impotently, looking for someone else to blame. If they hadn't operated like a OF version of Pravda for the past 30 years, then they might have some credibility and some readership outside of the mono-browed thicko demographic that they pander to. If Keith Jackson hadn't made a career out of sycophantic puff pieces and shite Rangers/Celtic transfer rumours, he might have a shred of credibility left after this debacle - but in reality he is left looking like a total tit.

Anyone that derides social media of any sort as some sort of minority pursuit or somehow unrepresentative of society is 5 - 10 years out of date with their thinking and the hacks that refuse to embrace it are on their way out as the circulation of the dead tree press goes inexorably down the shiter. By the time one of Jackson's "exclusives" hit the shops now, we all know about it, have discussed it, posted a cheeky GIF or two about it and moved on.

Does anyone want to admit that they go to the sports press now as their first source of info or analysis about Scottish football or in any way view what they read in a paper as authoritative? Thought not.

Edited by Swello

Exclusive:

Rangers team to face Arsenal:

Buffon

Cole

Pique

Terry

Lahm

Xavi

Schweinsteiger

Modric

Ronaldo

Balotelli

Torres

....all desperate to sign soon as Euro 2012 is over.

Hiya Chick, hiya pal. Where you been, we've all been awfy worried.

FIFA 13 will again feature the Create A Club mode. Rangers fans and Portsmouth fans are said to be relieved at the good news.

The Rangers football club have been formally invited into division 3 by the SFL sponsors Irn Bru. They want them to join the long line of fanny's.

The SPL clubs have kicked them out because of money - they fear long-term they'll lose their fans die if they let them back in - and the SFL will use money to make their decision too. The SFL could help out the SPL (if the Sky one season away thing is true) by dropping them into the First but why should they? If they go down to the Third 80-90 per cent of SFL clubs will get at least two visits from Rangers and there will be the wet dream of a three-year television deal which can be spread around everyone - and at the budget several of these clubs work on you only need a small amount to make a massive difference. If the SFL wants to let them into the First, of course some jiggery pokery can be done but it will take an almighty bribe from the SPL to get it. A share of the current television deal and another promotion spot would seem the absolute minimum they should be looking to get and given the soon to be state of the SPL clubs, I'm not convinced they'll be willing to stump up. In that case the SFL as a whole stands to gain a lot more with Rangers going into the Third Division than falling over themselves to help the very SPL which was set up to shaft them in the first place.

The Delusion is all yours I'm afraid. You did this to yourselves. You and your club alone. If you would like to rectify the situation, you can pay all your creditors their debts in full. Oh wait you can't? Well I suppose we can just forget all about it and let your club suck the life out the game for the rest of our lives.

Throwing a hissy fit about deflecting the blame onto us for simply making sure you suffer the consequences, when there is no chance in all that is f**k that you'd be guaranteed to do the same will get you nowhere.

For all those media muppets and orcs that are mourning the death of not just their club but scottish football, ask yourselves one question.............

What would you all do if tomorrow the english FA offered rankers 2.0 a place in league 2 of englerland?

Because you can bet every penny in Harry Redknapp's dog's account that they would be away like a rat down a drainpipe and wouldn't even look back to give us a wave.

So please spare us your pish, because the only people you are trying to convince are yourselves.

I would hope that "NO Newco in the SPL" would mean exactly that whether it be SPL1 or SPL2. We have come too far to be sold down the river by our chairmen. If my club is party to allowing a re-organisation to take place now to let Rangers into SPL2 after years of ignoring the same proposal, I will be finished with Scottish football.

On a more positive note, it looks like SFL1 clubs are building momentum to vote against Sevco 5088 joining them so not all is lost.