Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't think what clubs like Dundee or Motherwell did was right and it was correct they paid the penalties that were available at the time. They took very bad business decisions and it backfired on them. However I don't think anythink they have done is comparable to what Murray and Whyte did at Rangers.

I totally agree, they've taken it to whole new level and have been doing it for decades. I was reacting to claims that getting a CVA makes it somehow ok. It doesn't.

Yeah great point. Clubs should budget on the off chance that once in 100 years a team which brings most (financial) value to the league goes out of business calling into question sponsorship deals and bringing an end to an up till this point always guaranteed 5k fans, maybe more, in through their gates.

Lets face it, didn't take a genius to work out that Rangers going out of business / heavily sanctioned was a possibility from February/March.

In that instance, clubs should have been a bit wary in their projections and said maybe we should hold tight and play it by ear, budget a little lower. Hold off on signings like many others are doing until they know exactly how much they have. I'd like to think we budgeted lower- hence Hasselbaink and Tesselaar leaving as they didn't accept our offers.

Killie might not have a choice in this matter. If 5 clubs say no, they are in trouble like the rest and may regret their budgeting at his stage.

How many of the 70 realised that statue is a memorial to the 66 football fans that lost their lives on the 2nd of January 1971?

Are we doing mock outrage then?

If so, how many of the Rangers fans who turned up to the service at Ibrox last year know that the tragedy was 100% down to the Oldco, and cost driven decisions taken by it despite several similar crushes on the same stairwell in the past?

If Killie are in such potential trouble as Johnston suggests.

Why does he not just sell Killie and the Hotel to the Sevco consortium for £1.

Problem over for him and the Sevco get SPL 8):P;)

Edited by superbigal

Word on the street is that Charles Green is close to appointing Kenny Richey as a non executive director.

Apparently his acumen in being able to dodge Death Row is exactly what Green needs right now.

You heard it here first.

...and probably last.

How many of the 70 realised that statue is a memorial to the 66 football fans that lost their lives on the 2nd of January 1971?

Greig has sold your club down the river, another tainted legned, perhaps the daddy of them all...quick buck or Loyalty? - he made his choice...

and wait, there is one more who perhaps compares, a man who can stand shoulder to shoulder with John Greig, even more tainted though..... but his story can wait a little longer...

Has anyone heard of any information regarding high levels of asbestos in ipox / tescos main stand ?

Apparently making the modernisation of the statutory alarms nearly impossible ?

Got this in a txt from my mate, was wondering if anyone has any info on it ?

No8's mock outrage fkn pmsl GIRUY laugh.gif

Lets face it, didn't take a genius to work out that Rangers going out of business / heavily sanctioned was a possibility from February/March.

I think we were looking at late April before anyone actually thought it a real possibility there wouldn't be a Rangers in the SPL. Now it seems obvious.

In that instance, clubs should have been a bit wary in their projections and said maybe we should hold tight and play it by ear, budget a little lower. Hold off on signings like many others are doing until they know exactly how much they have. I'd like to think we budgeted lower- hence Hasselbaink and Tesselaar leaving as they didn't accept our offers.

I think they have been wary with predictions and are playing it by ear. The issue is with contracts that are already signed. Fans are fickle though and without prior warning they'll be on the boards moaning about the pish poor quality and demanding more and better signings to fill the gaps that have been left by the removal of this previously all-but-guaranteed source of income. Boards are pre-emptively making it crystal clear the impact of no Rangers is that this won't happen, more so if the sky deal is renegotiated as seems likely. We offered Lasley and Hammel lower contracts (reportedly) and on stoolmen people were moaning that these great servants shouldn't be insulted and we would regret it if they walked because of this.

MFC and Killie have said all this in their consultation. I don't really get why there should be such a big kerfuffle about them stating the fact that with no Rangers there will definitely be substantially less money coming in, and unless this is replaced clubs could be in serious bother.

I don't like the fact we're so reliant on Rangers, no-one does. But boards are being called "disgraceful" and "outrageous" and sycophantic and other overly emotive terms for stating this fact. Just because we as fans of other teams don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true.

Edited by madwullie

I totally agree, they've taken it to whole new level and have been doing it for decades. I was reacting to claims that getting a CVA makes it somehow ok. It doesn't.

I'm not sure if anyone is saying that a CVA is "OK"? The point I've made is that it's irrelevant to this saga to have a dig at teams that have taken this route as opposed to going titsup, reforming as a newco then going for a return in some way with no liabilities. Businesses that come out of admin by the cva route have a tough time for a few years, however unpalatable that might be to creditors and competitors that's the way it is. Personally I've no problem with that and would have had no problem with ex Rangers if they had done the same. Well, no more a problem than I have with the cheeks in general that is.

I don't have to prove f**k all to no c**t bawbag.

There's this thing called 'Google' on the internet. It's what is known as a 'search engine'. What you do is you type the key words of an article or articles that you are looking for into the box at the top of the page. For example, I don't know, maybe something like 'Sky old firm 4 games'. Within seconds it will return any information on the subject you are looking for.

What you do then is, you use your eyes to read this information then your brain will, (or should, I'm not quite sure in your case), process this information until your mind understands what exactly it has just taken in.

I appreciate this is a few pages back and I'm just catching up, but I just wanted to say wow, what a patronising b*****d!

That's all.

The cynic in me says MB and any other chairman can't actually believe newcois commercially viable so either they are fans of former rfc...or more likely they want the precedent of liquidation and newco to be a future option for their clubs.

The newco route is not viable for us. Our debt with the bank is secured against the stadium.

Doesn't the money still go to oldco? Was that not the chat last week?

Yep. SevCo 1690 receive not one penny of season ticket money.