Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So do we take it from mj that if newco were voted in to spl...and ends bottom due to fact they are skint and have no decent players left that relegation would have to be cancelled?? What I killie were second bottom? Would they need to go down instead? Newco has no money is already in debt and wud be relegation fodder so wud be bringing hardly any fans in that scenario...I'm amazed that anyone who isn't a bluenose is still peddling myths about newco providing any financial benefits now.

No, you are worse than most clubs. You bought players you couldn't afford, and paid wages you couldn't afford in order to gain an advantage over your competitors. Then you weaseled out of paying your debts. Twice.

Guilty of course.

BUT other clubs have far bigger debts than we did when we went into admin. Explain that.

The Weasel Club is expecting new members soon.

Better than being a toad (MJ).

Yeah great point. Clubs should budget on the off chance that once in 100 years a team which brings most (financial) value to the league goes out of business calling into question sponsorship deals and bringing an end to an up till this point always guaranteed 5k fans, maybe more, in through their gates.

Except this was known to be a possible outcome back in February, if not earlier.

Also, although Kilmarnock have always been a top-tier side since I started following football ca.1996, it was only a couple of decades ago that Brechin beat Kilmarnock to the old Second Division title. What gives them the right to be up there with the best? Nothing. If they need to survive then they can cut the spending and drop down to Ayr's (and our!) level if that's where they really deserve to be with their resources.

Guilty of course.

BUT other clubs have far bigger debts than we did when we went into admin. Explain that.

A debt's only a bad thing if you can't afford to service it. And pay the taxman.

Except this was known to be a possible outcome back in February, if not earlier.

And contracts were signed one, two seasons ago when you'd have been laughed out of town for suggesting no Rangers in the league in 2012-2013. These can't just be reneged on. (LOL motherwell fan etc)

Has any team splashed big time in the transfer market as yet this season? I know we've lost one, maybe two and it looks doubtful we're replacing them. And if they are being replaced it's with relatively piss poor quality.

Edited by madwullie

Easy.

Administration is an option open to creditors when a company owing them money cannot meet their repayments. A company can also place themselves into administration if they are failing to meet their financial obligations.

Dundee couldn't meet their repayments, ergo, administration.

You are perfectly correct that other clubs have far bigger debts than Dundee did - but they (at present, anyway) - are servicing them. This is the norm with business all over the world. How do you think businesses start up, for example? The owners wait until they have millions in savings? No, they borrow money from banks, and then pay it back.

Any other fallacies you'd like to have corrected for you? The level of denial and hypocrisy you're showing is quite staggering, to be honest.

So do we take it from mj that if newco were voted in to spl...and ends bottom due to fact they are skint and have no decent players left that relegation would have to be cancelled?? What I killie were second bottom? Would they need to go down instead? Newco has no money is already in debt and wud be relegation fodder so wud be bringing hardly any fans in that scenario...I'm amazed that anyone who isn't a bluenose is still peddling myths about newco providing any financial benefits now.

I was just about to post something similar, what if they're voted in & cant cobble together a team in time for the start of the season cos they've got no money ?

Just award them a 3-0 victory because they are the people ? :unsure:

Is this any different to Rangers going even further up shit creek because of losing out on budgeted Champions League money in the recent past? Probably not so Killie won't be getting any of my pity (even if half of my uncles and cousins happen to be Killie fans).

I take it your uncles and cousins are different people?

Guilty of course.

Administration is nothing to do with the actual size of the debt - it's the ability to service it and, importantly, to pay creditors. You won't lose your house for having a big mortgage - you'll lose it for not paying the mortgage.

A debt's only a bad thing if you can't afford to service it. And pay the taxman.

That's the key point welshbairn. From ManU to diddy Aberdeen most clubs have debt but service it as an operating cost. Swapping debt stories with other clubs is ridiculous; the point is are you paying the interest and/or guaranteeing the debt in some way just like any other business? The other pointless exercise on here is slagging off anyone who has gone through admin. Ex Rangers had the choice to do this just the same as Murderwell, Dee etc., all they had to do was get a cva that was acceptable to 75% of their creditors. If they had done this there would be no argument that they would continue in the SPL, probably with sanctions which are a seperate issue.

I've just picked this up on Twitter, so think itsnew. Saints don't seem to have confirmed, though.

We don't do information and updating our fans. The last press release from the McDairmid media centre was the special menu for Mothers Day lunches.

Contracts cannot be reneged if you get relegated as well.

Self Preservation League indeed.

Relegation wage dropping clauses kick in though, and the better players (and presumably better paid players) will want to leave.

There's no "Rangers or Celtic liquidated" clause in the current contracts.

Edited by madwullie