Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

read all the articles coming out, they are all hinting at it, a plan is being made, discussions are underway, top level meetings we are having the wool pulled over our eyes and the chairmen are praying enough people go 'ah well, it wasn't my chairmans fault so I can keep going' - ask your self this, before coming out & saying no, when was the last time your chairman was upfront, honest, public facing or seen to be doing something in the interests of the fans?

the deal is already done

The number of first division fans coming out with this line is deeply disturbing. Write to your club's chairman, threaten to return your season ticket, whatever, just express the strength of feeling. They will listen. SPL fans have done their bit, SFL supporters have their time in the sun now, but too many seem to be resigned.

This is nothing close to being a fait accompli. The "deal" is nowhere near done - especially as there is no time for such major league reconstruction before the start of the new season.

Fans of ALL SFL clubs must write to their clubs in the next few days stating how we all feel about this and that the only acceptable solution is for newcorpse to apply for 3rd division. Any parachute into div 1 will result in them losing a significant part of their fanbase. I have already done this and let me tell you its a very liberating email to write and will make you feel all warm and fluffy inside. My old man abandoned Ayr to watch Troon some years ago. If we voted them in i may as well join him as a crooked league is not for me.

Ian Durrant in the Scottish Sun Today : "You Will NEVER Find a Club Like Gers" - well he's absolutely right there! :-D - cos they don't exist.....

Sun - Durrant

"Obviously the other SPL clubs are looking after themselves and it looks like most of them are against us in terms of the newco.

“But for me those clubs will lose out on a lot of money.

“Only time will tell if voting us out of the league is for the best.

They still don't get it! They're not being voted OUT they're being voted IN (or not....)

http://www.newsnow.c...83649495?-11344

The most interesting part of this interview with Green is where he says that the SFA have given him guidance supporting his stance on the players! I doubt this is true but interesting the line he is taking. Sounds like bluster but knowing the Scottish authorities you never know

"The SFA has been considering the issue and has issued a preliminary guidance note on registration issues. That note has made it clear that it is open to the club to challenge the actions of the players."

He must have an ulterior motive for wanting them to stay. He has to pay them this week and again in another 30 days. The chances of getting even 1 player sold and the money in their bank in that timescale are low. So, is he aiming for another liquidation or a closing down sale?

I know there will be much falling out with fans over this, but I have come up with a masterplan which might suit all.

If 'newco' do indeed get into an SPL 2 then do not recognise them.

fans can still buy their own clubs season-tickets, pay at the gate, buy merchandise etc but boycott all games v 'newco'

empyty home terracings/stands would speak volumes - do not recognise this newco club, treat them as if they do not exist

rather than divide the fans over the issue, I think this would actually unite many, and would show the level of solidarity between every single club outside 'newco'

thoughts ?

As one of those, who plan walk away from the game altogether, if the Newcorpse are not punished sufficiently, I think this would be a great idea. It would stop me and many others from deserting the game altogether.

Unfortunately we know that there are too many, for whom sporting integrity means nothing, and will attend at all costs :(

Think lot of people are missing an obvious but vital point....newco can't be voted into any league because they have no coherent sustainable business plan to allow them to guarantee they will fulfill fixtures.no working capital already five n half million in debt no income as yet and already building large bills to pay..even outside of players there ahundred odd staff to pay for tax no business rates utilities etc. It's not clear they will. be able tofund themselves t start of season so matter how sfa or spl or sfl try to alter established rules ...they Just should.not be voted in anywhere. That and the epic cheating fraud etc lol

Think lot of people are missing an obvious but vital point....newco can't be voted into any league because they have no coherent sustainable business plan to allow them to guarantee they will fulfill fixtures.no working capital already five n half million in debt no income as yet and already building large bills to pay..even outside of players there ahundred odd staff to pay for tax no business rates utilities etc. It's not clear they will. be able tofund themselves t start of season so matter how sfa or spl or sfl try to alter established rules ...they Just should.not be voted in anywhere. That and the epic cheating fraud etc lol

Gretna never had a coherent sustainable business model - they were just allowed to flourish until they eventually expired....

Gretna never had a coherent sustainable business model - they were just allowed to flourish until they eventually expired....

Yes meaning there is an obligation to prevent that happening again! I may be wrong butbeing able guarantee fixtures is a criteria of entry?

Yes meaning there is an obligation to prevent that happening again! I may be wrong butbeing able guarantee fixtures is a criteria of entry?

Pretty sure you're right that there has to be an expectation that they can fulfil the fixtures, I'm not clear how this guarantee is established or what it's based on. Like you say you'd think that there should be some sort of business plan laid out by any potential Newco....

I don't buy it but what sh1t are the Daily Traynor peddling today?

If the website is anything to go by they are pretty muted this morning. Perhaps they are starting to see that there is no way back for the gers. Focus mainly on arguments between Green and Naismith/Whittaker

Also interesting wording in the headline:

Rangers in crisis: Demotion to SFL could revive oldest fixture in Scottish game

Notice "demotion"...

Edited by monrovianmonk

If the website is anything to go by they are pretty muted this morning. Perhaps they are starting to see that there is no way back for the gers. Focus mainly on arguments between Green and Naismith/Whittaker

Also interesting wording in the headline:

Rangers in crisis: Demotion to SFL could revive oldest fixture in Scottish game

Notice "demotion"...

if it wasn't a recurring theme, I'd put that down to sloppy headline editing. IT'S ELECTION, YOU DUMB FUCKS! Rangers are being voted in, not out.

As for the Green versus Naisy/Whittakery discussion...

GREEN; "Play for nothing, please gents?"

NAISY/WHITTS; " Naw. Bye."

if it wasn't a recurring theme, I'd put that down to sloppy headline editing. IT'S ELECTION, YOU DUMB FUCKS! Rangers are being voted in, not out.

As for the Green versus Naisy/Whittakery discussion...

GREEN; "Play for nothing, please gents?"

NAISY/WHITTS; " Naw. Bye."

The treatment of these guys by the Newco fans is astonishing.

They took at massive wage cut to save the club on what seems now to be broken promises from Green.

How many Berrrz would do the same?

Judging by the pitiful amount they raised for the RFFF not many.

I'd tend to agree with all of that. I can't see how a 'newco' can just get placed into the first division if they can't meet all of the criteria.

Whatever, there will be hell to pay for.if an SPL2 is created and 'newco' is in - fans will desert the game in their droves.

Somehow I don't think that the SFA & club chairmen actually realise the strength of feeling against a 'newco' rangers and are, once again, treating the fans with total disrespect..

I know there will be much falling out with fans over this, but I have come up with a masterplan which might suit all.

If 'newco' do indeed get into an SPL 2 then do not recognise them.

fans can still buy their own clubs season-tickets, pay at the gate, buy merchandise etc but boycott all games v 'newco'

empyty home terracings/stands would speak volumes - do not recognise this newco club, treat them as if they do not exist

rather than divide the fans over the issue, I think this would actually unite many, and would show the level of solidarity between every single club outside 'newco'

thoughts ?

That's what I would do. I've already bought and paid for my season ticket for this coming season but if they appeared at Firhill I would not be going.

The treatment of these guys by the Newco fans is astonishing.

They took at massive wage cut to save the club on what seems now to be broken promises from Green.

How many Berrrz would do the same?

Judging by the pitiful amount they raised for the RFFF not many.

I wonder if their treatment of these guys is having a detrimental effect on the remaining players? I suspect many would have objected anyway, but surely it's going through their minds that the "fans" don't really give a shit about them as individuals.