Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Motherwell will have revenue fromat least one Cl match attendance plus increased sponsorship and Cl TV money...and what that's gonna be less than one guaranteed possible two visits from cpl thousand bigots...pish if motherwell go into admin nxt season their board shud be sacked!!! They shud be much better off next season. More spin n lies again! Do the bigot apologists think that none of us understand basic finance or arithmetic??

:unsure:

Are you the 'good' side of T_S_A_R? Like No.8's split personalities?

Not sure if that is a compliment or not? I'll take it as one. I need an alter ego!

Back on the Motherwell comment and someone mentioning, Scare Mongering. I wouldn't disagree with that, even the vote had a little carrot. Only full members can vote, but if you paid in full from now until the date of the vote, you would get a casting vote.

I am wholly disgusted that the vote was not handed to the ALBO10 and not the Well Trust, they are the true custodians of Motherwell.

And someone sort the John McVeigh is a tit out!

Motherwell will have revenue fromat least one Cl match attendance plus increased sponsorship and Cl TV money...and what that's gonna be less than one guaranteed possible two visits from cpl thousand bigots...pish if motherwell go into admin nxt season their board shud be sacked!!! They shud be much better off next season. More spin n lies again! Do the bigot apologists think that none of us understand basic finance or arithmetic??

What about the few grand that might go Motherwells way if they were inclined to lie down to the died ones :P

ps not a serious post I would never accuse the Well of lying down to anyone, but the Died ones might throw a few quid around to win games illegally 8)

I'd have very little sympathy towards Motherwell if they went in to administration. How difficult is it for clubs to understand that their cloth must be cut accordingly?

I'm really not sure that would happen, although you would be right. As pointed out above, no consideration on the CL money in this document. Its purely worst case scenario. From my uneducated opinion its just scare mongering from the press again.

John McVeigh is a tit

Not sure I would fully agree with that statement. Leeann and co get a bad press, but they are all taking steps to improve the club which should be applauded especailly after our own meltdown and the current recession.

I think every club, if based, purely on financial reasons would vote Yes. However Motherwell listened to the fans (as have other clubs) and put the vote to the Well Society and promised details of the financial situation, which they duly did. Now they have predicted the worst case scenario, which is the only thing they can do and they are getting slated for it?

The meltdown of Rangers has caused a short term lose/lose scenario. Its how we best deal with it. The quality of football will dip, the revenue will fall, but if we get fairer league on and off the park and break the strangle hold that the OF have put on Scottish Football, in the long run, it will be good.

It will be a hard time for us Diddy Teams going forward, but doing the right thing is important and it may help create a wake up call for all involved in our game with long term benefits.

And John McVeigh is a tit!

Sorry, I dont buy this shit, we will lose a potential two visits from the Orcs, the best crowd we\ve had in the past few years was the 11,000 that turned up for the Nancy

game. We have a guaranteed two European matches this season, failure in the Champions League and we drop into the Europa, both will generate better income than either of the two games against the orcs. Financially, we shouldn\t even notice they are gone.

We are the one club who shouldnt have any problems with them gone and we are trying to talk our fans into a yes vote. Clubs should be taking steps at boardroom level to meet any drop in income, of course just ushering the orcs back in is the easiest option any other way and it means Leeanne might have to work for her wages.

This whole nonsense about sporting integrity OR financial safety is extremely annoying. We MUST vote for sporting integrity there is NO other option.

It\s not sporting integrity or....it\s sporting integrity only. Nothing else should even come into it.

Once again newco media never fail to make me pish masel laffing .... their next move in getting revenge is !

European Coefficent

#1 user_green.pngiain01

• Moses McNeil
  • bullet_black.png

• Group: Loyal Bluenose
  • Topics: 2
  • Rep: 4

Posted Today, 05:10 PM

With every Earl under the sun screaming for titles to be stripped,calling us cheats and should the governing bodies bend to their demands, shouldn't we in turn lobby for our hard earned Coefficent points to be stripped from Scottish footy? With a euro ban it's unlikely to impact on us short term and might make title stripping less attractive. Just my thought for tithe day

Guest Pampered Adolescent

I'd have very little sympathy towards Motherwell if they went in to administration. How difficult is it for clubs to understand that their cloth must be cut accordingly?

I have to say I fully agree with you. Motherwell are a club that has benefited from administration; this I freely admit.

Somehow the club achieved 3rd in the SPL last season with a fanbase/budget perhaps 10th in the league.One of the smallest 2011/2012 squads, I believe.

Two guaranteed home European ties coming up.

Craigan, Clancy, Forbes and others away, with none of them being replaced so far.

I'm NOT saying Motherwell are GUARANTEED not to avoid Administration in season 2012/2013 whatever happens in the coming months.

However, by my reckoning, they ought to be about the 6th to 8th to fall; otherwise, well, there's more of that "I smell shite.....definitely shite"; a minor TV catch-phrase from a few years back.....

Regards

PA

I believe it is better than that, I think we drop into the Europa if we lose the CL qualifier. That is 2 games against quality sides.

This whole nonsense about sporting integrity OR financial safety is extremely annoying. We MUST vote for sporting integrity there is NO other option.

It\s not sporting integrity or....it\s sporting integrity only. Nothing else should even come into it.

Great point well made.

Sorry, I dont buy this shit, we will lose a potential two visits from the Orcs, the best crowd we\ve had in the past few years was the 11,000 that turned up for the Nancy

game. We have a guaranteed two European matches this season, failure in the Champions League and we drop into the Europa, both will generate better income than either of the two games against the orcs. Financially, we shouldn\t even notice they are gone.

We are the one club who shouldnt have any problems with them gone and we are trying to talk our fans into a yes vote. Clubs should be taking steps at boardroom level to meet any drop in income, of course just ushering the orcs back in is the easiest option any other way and it means Leeanne might have to work for her wages.

I don't disagree with you. For me its a NO vote, I'm sure thats clear, maybe not. I do not believe the financial impact for Motherwell will be significant due to our CL particiaption. I think I suggested earlier is this is a 'worst case scenario' being contorted by the press for sensationalism. As I said, if it was purely a financial vote everyone woud vote yes, but its not financial, its sport and it is our opportunity to change Scottish football for ever.

So your arguing within someone who agrees with you or am I just pissed?

And its 4am now, so time the John McVeigh is a tit went to bed.

Once again newco media never fail to make me pish masel laffing .... their next move in getting revenge is !

European Coefficent

#1 user_green.pngiain01

• Moses McNeil
  • bullet_black.png

• Group: Loyal Bluenose
  • Topics: 2
  • Rep: 4

Posted Today, 05:10 PM

With every Earl under the sun screaming for titles to be stripped,calling us cheats and should the governing bodies bend to their demands, shouldn't we in turn lobby for our hard earned Coefficent points to be stripped from Scottish footy? With a euro ban it's unlikely to impact on us short term and might make title stripping less attractive. Just my thought for tithe day

Protestant tithe day is Sunday. If he doesn't know that then he can't be a proddy and must be a heavy duty tarrier and an enemy of Ra peepel.

Now that it looks increasingly certain that a resurrected Rangers will not be admitted to the SPL, we should turn our attention to what conditions might be attached to their admission to the SFL.

In my view it would be unreasonable to charge them more than the standard £1000 (plus VAT) Application Fee, since that would be unjust if their application was ultimately unsuccessful. However, I think it is a different matter with the standard £1000 (plus VAT) Admission Fee. This is clearly set on the basis of normal financial expectations for lower league clubs. But since we would expect a resurrected Rangers to get back into the SPL fairly quickly, a higher fee would surely be appropriate. I think we should be looking at at least £1 million (plus VAT). This is a fairly small amount given their future turnover expectations. It should be distributed equally amongst SFL clubs, but with some for previous SFL applicants who might reasonably have expected to be admitted next time there was a vacancy. It would have a significant impact on the short-term funding for some of these clubs, contributing to an overall rise in standards.

There is also the question of gate receipts. In my view it would be powerfully reasonable for the SFL to say that for the next three years gate receipts should be shared between teams. This would allow teams to benefit from a share of the gates for the visit to Ibrox. Again it would give some reward for allowing a new club into the SFL ahead of others who had already applied on a number of occasions. However, the benefit of this might not be as great as might be expected. I can remember attending many games at Ibrox in the 1970s/early 1980s when attendances were very low, sometimes below 10,000. Of course not coincidental that this was the time when we had our most competitive top league in decades. Also that we performed well in Europe. And we had a good national side. A time we should be aspiring to recreate.

We've already included £250k (again, the worst case scenario) of Euro money n our budget for next season so we need to make more than that to start making up for the loss/retention of Rangers.

And the other point about us having cut players, we needed to shave 200k from the budget to make things match up given our existing income. That will now be less, barring a miracle, regardless of how the Rangers thing pans out.

COULD does not= will

All clubs need the fans to step up, attend matches, buy merchandise and lots of pies, pref Killie Pies or a Belter Bridie.

I think this is the crux of the matter, I cannot make every home home game due to the shifts that I work but if every fan were able to go to their nearest SPL game (excluding those aligned to the "Old Firm") then I think we can make a hell of a difference ! Let's be shown that we are "Football" fans first and not followers of sports entertainment. We can make a difference and I will try to make it no matter what.

I could not agree more but with Celtic staying silent well I think they have played a blinder tbh. They will have been playing a waiting game before showing their hand and why should they. Why try to fight when others can do it for you they will be well aware of their fans fellings on the matter there may be other reasons as well as yet unknown to us. If the report in the paper this morning is true then there is no need for them to comment as yet as this car crash just keeps giving as you well know they would be held to account if they said something that they had to retract later so their silence is in my opinion just keeps others on their toes. The time to speak will be when others try to push through changes and they are asked to vote for said changes even then it may be behind closed doors I'm sure they will keep the fans informed when it's crunch time.

Celtic staying quiet on the subject is not as you say "playing a blinder",they don't want to admit to their fans that they need the newco and that they will vote yes.So hoping that other SPL teams will do the dirty,now the vote seems to be going the other way they can say (privately) to the other cheek,we tried but it was those diddies fault

I think this is the crux of the matter, I cannot make every home home game due to the shifts that I work but if every fan were able to go to their nearest SPL game (excluding those aligned to the "Old Firm") then I think we can make a hell of a difference ! Let's be shown that we are "Football" fans first and not followers of sports entertainment. We can make a difference and I will try to make it no matter what.

Would give you a greenie if I could. I may even darken Motherwell's door if we don't have a match.