Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I feel sorry for the majority of Rangers supporters. Having felt similar feelings when Livingston almost said 'Goodbye'. It is not their fault that the club have been dodging their taxes for years but yet they are the ones being punished. Punished for the failure of others. SPL do need to say NO to Green's new club as does the SFL. It will be the death of Rangers as we know it.

However if the Rangers following are as strong as they make themselves out to be. They could form a club themselves, supporter-ran and build themselves up the leagues. It might take long, some of the gloryhunters might leave (which can only be for the best) and support other clubs. But the loyal supporters will stay and trust me if they do finally go back to the very top. The new supporter-run club first league title will be sweeter than 50+ before.

But they should not by waiting for Green to balls it up. They should form a club NOW. They should not blame the rest of Scottish for kicking out the former club and rejecting Green's new one. The rest of Scottish football is only doing it for the good of Scottish football (not for the money).

RIP Rangers

F*CKEM !

From todays Daily Record:

Rangers in crisis: Ibrox club set to be given Division One lifeline after talks between league bosses

Jun 23 2012 By Gordon Parks

Generic image of Ibrox gates

SCOTTISH football’s bosses are on the brink of securing a revolutionary rescue package which will see Rangers play in the First Division next season.

SFA, SPL and SFL chiefs were locked in talks last night as a six-hour summit went on past midnight.

The meeting was aimed at reaching agreement on radical proposals to deal with the chaos created by the financial carnage at Ibrox.

SFA chief Stewart Regan hosted the secret gathering aimed at bringing an end to the Rangers crisis.

After days of talks between the three ruling bodies, Record Sport understands SFA chief executive Regan, SPL counterpart Neil Doncaster and SFL boss David Longmuir thrashed out a four-point blueprint to revolutionise football in Scotland.

The trio have been tasked with reaching a broad agreement over the future of Rangers as well as reforming the league structure.

This is to bring clarity to the current chaos as the clock ticks down to the SPL general meeting on July 4 when the members will vote on the Ibrox club’s fate.

But negotiations could now deliver a cast-iron deal which would allow the SPL to offer guidance on a way forward and that in turn would see the emotive vote become nothing more than a box-ticking exercise.

As Record Sport revealed this week, proposals are in place for Rangers to go to Division One and common ground has been reached on host of issues.

A key part of the plan would see SFL clubs handed compensation payments from the SPL as part of a deal with Sky to broadcast live Rangers games in Division One.

Clubs across the country will now get the chance to give historic plans the green light.

The four key points on the agenda were:

●Finding a mechanism that will allow Rangers to parachute straight into the First Division next season.

●A guarantee that play-offs are introduced immediately at the top of the First Division for a place in the SPL.

●The distribution of short-term payments to SFL clubs from the SPL to allow Rangers’ First Division games to be shown live on Sky.

●A timeline to form one body, the Scottish Professional Football League.

Regan has managed to unify both leagues and mediate over the squabbling which has been the stumbling block.

Assurances have been made to SPL chief Doncaster that the Sky deal will remain in place but he has been playing hardball over the amount paid to First Division clubs to have Rangers’ games broadcast live.

Longmuir’s battle for a fair deal for the SFL will have huge implications for lower league clubs as they will gain historic capital from a merger with the top flight.

Also on the agenda was the SFL’s bid to install a strong representation within a new SPFL set-up and a stumbling block has been the SPL’s insistence they get a 3-1 ratio in favour of board members.

The SFL demanded an even split on any new board which will also include a new chief executive as well as one independent sitting on the ruling panel.

Regan’s bid to deliver a broad consensus over the way forward also involved discussions over the appellate tribunal’s transfer embargo on Rangers.

254991506_interesting_xlarge.jpeg

Edited by Lex

If the suits are getting together to do a deal, why can't we? Why can't the chairs of the Supporters' Trusts of every club that has one get together (with one obvious exception) and agree a course of action should Doncaster, Regan and Longmuir press ahead with their machinations - and then release a statement. That would leave everyone in no doubt where the fans stand and what will happen to the game if RFC are punted straight to SFL1.

The Record has been so far out with its stories in this saga, I will wait and see if it transpires but if it does that is me finished with Partick Thistle and any sort of football in this country for ever. Do they know what they are doing? NEWCO will win Div 1 next season and that means a debt free NEWCO back in the SPHell within a year with basically a slap on the wrist.

The football authorities in this country are corrupt and if this transpires I will not be spending any more of my hard earned money on a pastime that is rigged for one cheating bigotted scumbag of a club

The Daily Record and STV have been well behind the 8 ball in this whole story. The BBC and Channel 4 have lead the way, Sky Sports have ignored it completely, and most of the Scottish broadsheets have sung the Green hymnal.

As I live down here in banjoland, my father purchases both of our season tickets well in advance of the early bird deal expiring.

I thought nothing of it this year as I had not considered the possibility of the SFL fucking its own fans up the shitter.

An email has been sent to my Chairman, with mention made of my intention to seek a refund and never return if this nonsense goes ahead.

reading that Record story, it does look like that the powers that be will be looking to get a newco in at a level that will give them almost immediate access to the top flight. Scottish football is embarrassing due to the clowns that run it. we all must be mad buying into this product, the whole fucking system is stinking. it feels like football in this country is slowly slipping into the abyss.

Breakfast ruined.

:barf

Pic is almost 10 years old.................shudder at an uptodate one :P

Actualy, that is what Joanna Lumley would look like in that strip, it 'changes' people.

Of all the plans so far. Rangers into the first division makes no sense at all. Why would

all the SFL clubs agree to something which will lose SFL2 and 3 clubs money as they

wont get to play rangers. Why would hibs & hearts pay for rangers to be in the 1st division

as if that was some kind of benefit to them.

I am starting to be convinced that Neil Doncaster just feeds out stupid plans one by one

hoping that people buy it. Remember how he tried to convince people that New Co = CVA.

Remember how he said ' I dont expect any application to transfer share'. Remember

when he said that a ten team SPL was the only way forward. Most statements he

makes contradict the next statement. He has a simply formula that involves calculating

how much he thinks he can get from the TV deal at the present moment in time

based on the quickest way to achieve that. He also presents information

to the media that his new plan is a 'done deal'.

Not so long ago he would have told you

'There is no mechanism for Rangers to go to the 1st division what will happen

is a simple vote on rangers transfer of share'

I cannot believe that behind the scenes there will not be mass division on this.

There is no way Neil Doncaster will get his beloved Rangers into the 1st division

or the SPL.

If Rangers go anywhere but out the door altogether the official bodies in this country should face the firing squad. The news I'm reading this morning regarding Rangers Newco being put straight into SFL 1 is making me sick to the pit of my stomach.

I take it ALL SFL clubs from 1st - 3rd would need to vote in favour of this happening ?

I can't see many 3rd or 2nd Division clubs voting for Newco to enter the 1st Division, I can't see Falkirk, Livingston or Dunfermline voting them in but I could see Cowdenbeath (duh !), Dumbarton, Partick, Morton all being definite YES votes - 23 No's. I don't think the motion would carry, they'd need to be put in the 3rd Division. If SFL clubs sell their souls for a one-off payment they'll deserve all the problems they'll get in the future when the real fans abandon them for being a bunch of Judas b*****ds.