Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Smaller grounds = smaller attendances and all ticket games = smaller numbers of people to be policed. Surely it would be easier to police 2000 of them attending a match at Station Park (for example) than say 7000 attending Rugby Park or ICT?

Seems logical doesn't it?

Rangers can only take whatever the away capacity of the ground limits. If THAT is too big to ploice, give rangers less tickets.

Edited by Jambos

Ok tinfoil hat on.

Green's plan was to get them into the SPL.

It wasn't going to happen as the SPL and SFA had to show they were punishing Rangers, but at no point wanted to obliterate them.

They couldn't bring Sevco into the SFL 2, as it's against the rules, so they put together plans for an SPL 2 in which they can do as they like.

The SPL clubs throw out some media pish about a SPL vote to keep face with the fans.

The "vote" is lost and the SPL 2 is created and Sevco start there.

ph34r.gif

All of this media led nonsense is smoke and mirrors. There will be no SPL2, certainly not in the next 4 weeks! Absolute nonsense. This is all a distraction. Any club that votes for this newco abortion deserves to die with them. I include SMFC in this. It won't happen. Let us look at where we are as of today. It is now the 22nd of June.

Rangers FC are still waiting to be liquidated.

Green has bought Ibrox and Murray park for 5.5 million and despite the fact there is no club, has applied to join the SPL. There are 20 years of cheating still to be dealt with by the SFA, as well as the punishments for last years blatant contempt for other clubs (Austria Vienna, Hearts etc), failure to pay PAYE etc.. Decision pending on punishment.

Media campaign to save their own jobs by proposing SPL2, play offs blah blah blah.

The season is only a few weeks away. None of this is possible in that timescale, even if there was any support for it! Newco will NOT be in SPL next season. There will be no SPL2. If, and its a big IF, Newco apply for SFL, and are accepted, it is Division 3 for them.

Time to calm down amigos, we are witnesses to the last desperate twitching of the corpse. A little patience required!

:P

I must have missed that.

There's a thread on it. He was complaining about having to go to the Highlands more often now Ross County are also in the league. He's a twat.

Edited by Granny Danger

There's a thread on it. He was complaining about having to go to the Highlands more often now Ross County are also in the league. He's a twat.

I take it you didn't actually read what he said?

He said it was harsh on our fans to have to travel to the Highlands 4 times. Not that I'm bothered - looking forward to a wee day in Dingwall.

I posted this on the div 1 thread but this was my e-mail to PTFC earlier tonight.

I feel compelled to write in light of the comments made by PTFC Chairman David Beattie in the Daily Record and Evening Times over the last 48 hours regarding a "newco Rangers" in the 2nd tier of Scottish football following a restructure of Scottish football, and I acknowledge the presence of the "holding" statement on the official website.

I also accept that:

1) the statements in the media relate to a situation that is far from a "fait accompli"

2) there is potential for the quotes provided by Mr Beattie to have been taken out of context.

However, as noted in the statement, the decision on what to do regarding a newco is not yet in the hands of any SFL club. We have seen in the preceding days and weeks that the SPL clubs have consulted thoroughly with their fans in relation to the voting in of a newco to the SPL; some have even gone as far as to intimate the vote will be down to the fans or supporters' trusts. I therefore find it strange that Mr Beattie has ventured his position before the SPL decision had been made, and also the implication that the fans would have little or no part to play if PTFC have a vote to cast.

There was also a quote about Rangers being punished sufficiently. You may regard this as pedantic, however the entity we knew as Rangers is in the process of liquidation, and if no share transfer is allowed into the SPL (as seems likely judging by current media reports) then we would not be voting on a "demotion" for Rangers FC, but the entry - and bypassing of a couple of divisions- for an entirely new entity; one which at the moment has no clear idea of its playing squad, location, or financial backers.

If you would like to regard the entity we would be voting on as a continuation of the current Rangers FC, then this is a club whose public image has been one of bigotry, violence, harassment and intimidation - all of this allowed to go unfettered by the Scottish football hierarchy who are happy to take the TV money and pander to the vast numbers of armchair fans.

Not once since this whole sorry saga has come about have we had one word of apology or humility from anyone associated with them - instead we have been fed a "we need Rangers" agenda by the newspapers, heard and read about threats against members of disciplinary panels (one of whom included a former PTFC chairman!), vows to boycott and damage clubs who have not rallied round them, and demands that the entire structure and integrity of the game in Scotland be changed and amended at incredibly short notice as it would die without them. This is the same club who would have moved to the English Premier League in the blink of an eye (along with their partners in crime) without a moment's thought to any other club in Scotland. Yet the Chairman's comments would indicate we are all for rolling out the red carpet for them and welcoming them back with open arms as if they'd done nothing wrong, because they would bring some money in for a year- a year in which our chances of automatic promotion would be as good as zero.

I wholeheartedly agree with Mr Beattie that reconstruction in the Scottish game is needed, and long overdue. One governing body, more chance of promotion to the top league via play-offs, a less lop-sided voting system and smoothing of prize money at the top level, a proper pyramid system. Yet ALL of these can be done without the need to usher in a Rangers "newco".

I have been a Thistle fan since my dad -also a lifelong Jag- took me to Firhill at the age of 4 (25 years ago). I have been a mascot, a season ticket holder, I have purchased hospitality and sponsored players' boots- I've been through the highs and lows from Parkhead in 1992 to Tannadice in 1996 to Love St in 2002, Peterhead in 2006, and Culter last year. If it transpires that PTFC are putting short-term financial gain ahead of the integrity of the game in Scotland, then I will sadly no longer be able to support the club- I fail to see the point of supporting an essentially rigged competition, and especially one we are seen to be in favour of? I suspect from a cursory browse of fans' forums and social media sites that I will be far from the only one who would take this course of action, which would of course have a detrimental effect on the club's finances in the long run. I would urge that Mr Beattie at least reconsiders the club's position with regard to consulting the fans before settling on any decision Thistle have to make - as a business without its customers, a club without its fans... is nothing.

All of this media led nonsense is smoke and mirrors. There will be no SPL2, certainly not in the next 4 weeks! Absolute nonsense. This is all a distraction. Any club that votes for this newco abortion deserves to die with them. I include SMFC in this. It won't happen. Let us look at where we are as of today. It is now the 22nd of June.

Rangers FC are still waiting to be liquidated.

Green has bought Ibrox and Murray park for 5.5 million and despite the fact there is no club, has applied to join the SPL. There are 20 years of cheating still to be dealt with by the SFA, as well as the punishments for last years blatant contempt for other clubs (Austria Vienna, Hearts etc), failure to pay PAYE etc.. Decision pending on punishment.

Media campaign to save their own jobs by proposing SPL2, play offs blah blah blah.

The season is only a few weeks away. None of this is possible in that timescale, even if there was any support for it! Newco will NOT be in SPL next season. There will be no SPL2. If, and its a big IF, Newco apply for SFL, and are accepted, it is Division 3 for them.

Time to calm down amigos, we are witnesses to the last desperate twitching of the corpse. A little patience required!

:P

This (mostly)

Given all that and the HMRC tax deposits, the lack of bank facility and the (alleged) fact that the deal has not been completed with H&D yet (not enough dosh) - means only one thing for me. They will not be playing anywhere this coming season. I honestly can't see it any other way now.

Apologies if already posted. This is from RM. An open letter (long one anaw !) to Charlie Green.

http://rangersmedia....oard&Itemid=531

Dear Mr. Green,

remember, We are The Peepul

We will always be here, and we will always support our club. I know you understand that, and I trust you will immediately withdraw your application for SPL status.

I have written this as an open letter, and it is my intention to share it, and your response, with Rangers fans through the various Rangers internet forums.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd give him a B+ for clarity of thought and construction.

However, it's an E- for content.

Typical H*n shite, selfish and without contrition.

Fvck them. :angry:

Not ONE mention of getting rid of the sectarian shit that follow follows this club aroundmad.gif

He said it was harsh on our fans to have to travel to the Highlands 4 times. Not that I'm bothered - looking forward to a wee day in Dingwall.

Visit Scotland will be outraged. Kenny should expect a letter telling him off.

Daniel Levy can cross him off the list for the Spurs job then.

A) I could try to make up some convoluted excuse and maintain that he's still a twat.

B) Or I could say, yeah maybe I got it wrong and he's still a twat.

Because I'm a good honest guy I'll go with B. :)

too right bud, its a lovely little placebiggrin.gif

Businesses struggling on the edge of insolvency can be expected to create administrative havoc as they duck and dive to survive. The result is usually a set of accounts that are riddled with errors & misstatements and a complex paper trail that makes it difficult to understand who owns what. There have been a few surprises in the unravelling of Rangers FC, but the club being a legal disaster area by the time it entered administration on 14th February was not one of them. What is a surprise is that the administration process does not appear to have improved matters.

Insolvency practitioners would typically see simplifying and clarifying as their first task. Yet Duff & Phelps appear to have made the Rangers situation even more opaque than when their took over from Craig Whyte. A representative of a major Rangers creditor- who has a detailed appreciation of the facts- described the current situation at Ibrox as “an unholy mess”. He said this in the context of a discussion about the lack of transparency over who actually owns what. He is of the view that this disaster will require many visits to the Court of Session before it is sorted out.

There are many fragments to this tale that just do not add up: stories of no banking facility for Charles Green’s newco; reports that season ticket receipts are to be paid to the oldco bank account (from which only secured and preferred creditors would be able to draw ahead of the cash going to the unsecured creditors- i.e. Duff & Phelps could use this season ticket cash to pay themselves); and then there is the bizarre situation regarding the transfer of player contracts plus the failure to provide the required notice periods per TUPE regulations for players whose contracts, it has been claimed, have been sold to Green’s newco. It does not help that Mr. Green appears to have some difficulty with providing any explanation of events that is not riddled with logical and factual inconsistencies. Either he and Duff & Phelps have made a monumental error in their interpretation of TUPE rules for the transfer of employees or they are ‘playing dumb’ to cover for another problem.

If I was the suspicious and cynical type, I would conclude that this deal is not as done as has been claimed. It has been rumoured on messageboards that Green did not have the funds available to conclude the deal as planned and that Duff & Phelps proceeded anyway- giving Green time to pay from the proceeds of season ticket sales. Certainly this would explain some of the strange circumstances described above. Players could not be sent TUPE notifications if their contracts have not in fact been transferred yet. Duff & Phelps would doubtless prefer to receive season ticket funds directly rather than wait for Green to make good on a promise.

If a sufficient number of fans of oldco-Rangers carry out their threat to boycott season ticket renewals, it could force a default by newco. The legal mess that would follow would render all debate about in which league or division the newco should play to be moot. There would simply not be a team representing what was once Rangers next season at all.

Good to see Rangers fans could still destroy their own club! :lol:

1340399273[/url]' post='6363986']

This (mostly)

Given all that and the HMRC tax deposits, the lack of bank facility and the (alleged) fact that the deal has not been completed with H&D yet (not enough dosh) - means only one thing for me. They will not be playing anywhere this coming season. I honestly can't see it any other way now.

I've tried really hard not to masturbate over Internet content over the last year.

This relapse is going to go way past 4th July .

Is there any evidence the tide has turned for The Rangers? No. If there was, you can be sure we'd have it rammed down our throats by the usual suspects.

I mean that CG story of two weeks ago. 19 targets, 5 of them at Euro 2012? Renaming rights for Ibrox, £10m? Rangers interested in Ian Black? These stories were so fanciful and ignored the real issues.

The Rangers are shot to pieces, in tatters. Nobody is saying if they have any money to spare after joke administrators D&P have been paid, if The Rangers have any players for that matter.

They are a walking corpse, a shell of a club. They have got to admit defeat, and apply for Division 3. And at least walk away with some dignity.

All of this media led nonsense is smoke and mirrors. There will be no SPL2,

Not officially but if there is an agreement in priciple and heads of agreement type documents can be signed promising there will be with appropriate concessions, then SFL 1 might take them.........only saying like!

"Since the BBC documentary we have met Mr Roger Isaacs who appeared on the programme and was asked for his professional opinion as a forensic accountant.

"Mr Isaacs informed us that he was not shown relevant documentation by the BBC and now, having reviewed the documentation, has told us that he is satisfied that our firm did not have knowledge of Ticketus funding being used to acquire Rangers in 2011, prior to the transaction being completed."

did they show him an email saying "we have knowledge of the Ticketus deal"?