Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

? EH ...... the old firm fixture is dead and looks like Rangers to follow soon after BUT ! I think you'll find that Celtic are very well much alive and fighting and just because one club is dead does not mean Celtic will follow soon after.After all Celtic didn't cheat to win and if Celtic had less success I'm sure you wouldn't be as pissed off about it.

Yeh sure the old firm game was well looked forwarded too but that's all about to change,it would appear that Celtic now need to find a new rival ! and I may add by the tone of fans in here then bring it on all of you :D ! every team in unison to be our rival by the sounds of it !.

In saying that the other clubs chasing the title will now possibly have a potential 12 point advantage over their last points total from last year coz the gers can't cheat and fcuk you over 4 times a season.Celtic will cut back for sure if they are pish in Europe every other season and don't have the European money to subsidize the loss of the old firm fixture and reduced TV revenue.So what you all complaining about ? the stranglehold has been broken,and if anyone has been reading my posts ! that's what I've been advocating FAIRNESS.

Imagine the possible scenario at the end of March 2013.

Traynor on the radio ... "looking back at events last year at Ibrox with the gers going into meltdown who would have thought this season would be one of the best title run ins ever.4 teams in the hunt to claim the SPL title with only a single points margin between them with everyone thinking that Celtic would just run away with it,but they aren't and the other teams have stepped up to the challenge after the demise of the Ibrox outfit.

And here we are the attendances have shot up and a new excitement has gripped the SPL fans and their teams and no longer is there the boring monotony of the usual 2 horse race that has plagued the SPL for decades.In fact I am now looking forward to next season,and from sources it is believed that SPL season ticket requests have almost doubled around the country in the era of we could now have a new SPL champion other than one of the old firm.

It is believed there is new hope for Scottish football after last years events,that there was the prospect of the SPL collapsing under the loss of Rangers.But this was all it took to save the SPL and make it a more exciting sport,the loss of one of the big 2 that was considered to be the mainstay and kingpin in keeping the SPL afloat.This truly is the new dawn for the sport of football in Scotland and all fans now look forward to who could win the SPL and not which one of the old firm will.

^^^^^ For all the diddy fans out there,let's hope this happens as I will probably celebrate a new SPL champion as well and I'm sure the whole of Scotland will.

Although it sticks in my craw to say it, but very well saidcool.gif

Just fired this off to PTFC, for all the good it'll do...and yes it does make me sound like a bit of a twat but I'm not very good at the whole "disgruntled of Tunbridge Wells" thing :lol:

Dear PTFC

I write regarding Mr Beattie's comments regarding the Rangers situation which have been published in the Daily Record and the Evening Times.

As a lifelong supporter of Partick Thistle I find the thought that PTFC could be complicit in a Rangers "newco" being parachuted into next year's SFL1 deeply alarming. The chairman is quite right when he says that this is a massive opportunity for Scottish football to change, but if, as the newspapers suggest, he is is claiming that demoting Rangers by a single division would be a just punishment for decades of cheating and financial mismanagement then he is deeply mistaken.

Rangers FC have, it appears, been systematically cheating the rest of Scottish football for as long as many of us can remember. Indeed, it has since emerged that every single member of the Rangers team that defeated Thistle 3-0 in the 2002 Scottish Cup Semi Final were members of the now infamous EBT scheme. The thought that Thistle fans were cheated of what could well be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see their club in a Scottish cup final is not one that I will easily forget. Nor should it be forgotten that Rangers have now defaulted on an estimated £100m worth of debts---debts to other football clubs, to the taxman, and to hundreds of small Scottish businesses. Rangers have systematically cheated every single Scottish club, and every single Scottish supporter, over at least a decade. To suggest that demoting them by one division would be a "just" punishment is laughable. Getting demoted to the SFL1 is what should happen when you finish bottom of the SPL, not what should happen when you have been caught defrauding everyone with any interest in the Scottish game.

Sporting integrity must be at the heart of Scottish football. Without it, instead of a professional sports setup we would be left with a corrupt farce more akin to professional wrestling, with the sole difference being that the administrators of WWE wrestling at least have the decency not to pretend that the game isn't rigged in favour of a select few. If Partick Thistle are willing to sell the integrity of the Scottish game in return for a handful of Rangers' tarnished silver then that would be unforgivable. Were that scenario to come to pass, I for one would have to consider long and hard as to whether or not I could return to Firhill and, having spoken to my fellow supporters, I know that many of them feel the same way. A newco Rangers might be a short-term gravy train for Partick Thistle but what price to the club in the long term if lifelong supporters walk away?

It may be, of course, that Mr Beattie has been misquoted by the Record and the Evening Times and has no intention of allowing a newco Rangers to escape a *truly* just punishment. I hope that this is the case.

Yours,

NIcely done.

chic-charnley.jpg

That's 1000 fans over 1 season, how many you going to drive away with this Beattie?? 1 here for a start and if you vote for this and it comes through invest in a padlock cause you'll have driven the fans away and killed the club

Exactly......my dad and grandad would be spinning in their graves if they knew this. Change the record or RESIGN!!!!

Edited by Sting777

I would assume that anything like this would need to be negotiated prior to chucking Rangers out, so July 4 might not be The Day.

A quick point is that if the SFL don't let Rangers in won't that lead to a Clydebank/Airdrie scenario?

It may well do, I don't know the rules.

They can take over whoever they like, I'll not be there to watch it if it happens.

Edited by ayrmad

If the SFL allow "Rangers" in to div 1, then I'm finished with Scottish fitba. End of. I'd prefer to be in the 2nd rather than the 1st next season, so losing out on promotion by default as a result is irrelevant.

Yes we should go in to div 3 but it's not our choice to make. Rangers will not be certs to win any league, right now we have no players at all and are fast running out of time and with yet more delays to the admin/liquidation process i doubt we'll be playing in any league this season.

So calm down and stop being such a drama queen.

Telt.

A play-off only accommodates 7-8 clubs who harbour ambitions/delusions of establishing themselves in the SPL. In a vote of 30, that doesn't work either. What figure of annual settlement would be enough to help 30 clubs with contrasting business models (and non-models like Morton and Dunfermline), and make up for the loss of one-off revenue for the seaside league teams? Where is that money coming from?

The only way this can happen is if the SPL managed to hive off the ambitious clubs in the First Division into their own self-centred little voting bloc... perhaps by creating a new league, like the SPL but feeding into it from below... SPLB?

Fair point.

If sky need Rangers to make a large long term investment in the SPL is would make sense to find the blood money to pay off the SFL. The Playoff also has commercial advantages for the whole SFL. A share in the TV money generated and a better chance of a big team going down to the first. A more marketable first division too.

I don't know how you make it up to specific clubs but I'm sure there are many SFL1 chairmen thinking along the lines of Partick.

Reading over this again, what the f**k sorta comment is this to make?

I'm still fucking livid at this p***k.

Rangers should be booted out the entire league, not consulted about whether or not they can make it along to Friday night games.

And anyway, as has been pointed out hunners of times, THERE IS NO RANGERS!

It will not sink in. NO RANGERS NO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERS

NO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERS

NO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERS

NO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERSNO RANGERS

fed up now.

? EH ...... the old firm fixture is dead and looks like Rangers to follow soon after BUT ! I think you'll find that Celtic are very well much alive and fighting and just because one club is dead does not mean Celtic will follow soon after.After all Celtic didn't cheat to win and if Celtic had less success I'm sure you wouldn't be as pissed off about it.

Yeh sure the old firm game was well looked forwarded too but that's all about to change,it would appear that Celtic now need to find a new rival ! and I may add by the tone of fans in here then bring it on all of you :D ! every team in unison to be our rival by the sounds of it !.

In saying that the other clubs chasing the title will now possibly have a potential 12 point advantage over their last points total from last year coz the gers can't cheat and fcuk you over 4 times a season.Celtic will cut back for sure if they are pish in Europe every other season and don't have the European money to subsidize the loss of the old firm fixture and reduced TV revenue.So what you all complaining about ? the stranglehold has been broken,and if anyone has been reading my posts ! that's what I've been advocating FAIRNESS.

Traynor on the radio ... "looking back at events last year at Ibrox with the gers going into meltdown who would have thought this season would be one of the best title run ins ever.4 teams in the hunt to claim the SPL title with only a single points margin between them with everyone thinking that Celtic would just run away with it,but they aren't and the other teams have stepped up to the challenge after the demise of the Ibrox outfit.

And here we are the attendances have shot up and a new excitement has gripped the SPL fans and their teams and no longer is there the boring monotony of the usual 2 horse race that has plagued the SPL for decades.In fact I am now looking forward to next season,and from sources it is believed that SPL season ticket requests have almost doubled around the country in the era of we could now have a new SPL champion other than one of the old firm.

It is believed there is new hope for Scottish football after last years events,that there was the prospect of the SPL collapsing under the loss of Rangers.But this was all it took to save the SPL and make it a more exciting sport,the loss of one of the big 2 that was considered to be the mainstay and kingpin in keeping the SPL afloat.This truly is the new dawn for the sport of football in Scotland and all fans now look forward to who could win the SPL and not which one of the old firm will.

^^^^^ For all the diddy fans out there,let's hope this happens as I will probably celebrate a new SPL champion as well and I'm sure the whole of Scotland will.

That's pretty much the way I see it panning out as well minus the slight 'double attendances' exaggeration.

WHAT A LOT OF SHITE LOL celtic will continue to dominate the spl and the gap between them and 2nd will grow because the rest are pish ..celtic may struggle to atract top class players to the spl . the celtic support are loyal enough to stick it out but without rangers challenge tv money will dissapear like snow off a dyke and scottish football will hit an all time low ..wheres my fishing rods

^^^

Won't happen.

Chris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaug#SPL clubs are to meet next Thursday to discuss implications of a newco vote. #SPL board expected to put forward recommendations.

Essentially Cockwomble shuffles into the room, he's not said much for the past few weeks and with good reason. The dream is crumbling about him. Frantically begging the SPL clubs to reconsider their stances after their chairmen have realised we're not fucking happy and we want change. This shouldn't be about implications, it should be a vote. Are we going to have SevCo in the league: Yes or No?

Just fired this off to PTFC, for all the good it'll do...and yes it does make me sound like a bit of a twat but I'm not very good at the whole "disgruntled of Tunbridge Wells" thing :lol:

Dear PTFC

I write regarding Mr Beattie's comments regarding the Rangers situation which have been published in the Daily Record and the Evening Times.

As a lifelong supporter of Partick Thistle I find the thought that PTFC could be complicit in a Rangers "newco" being parachuted into next year's SFL1 deeply alarming. The chairman is quite right when he says that this is a massive opportunity for Scottish football to change, but if, as the newspapers suggest, he is is claiming that demoting Rangers by a single division would be a just punishment for decades of cheating and financial mismanagement then he is deeply mistaken.

Rangers FC have, it appears, been systematically cheating the rest of Scottish football for as long as many of us can remember. Indeed, it has since emerged that every single member of the Rangers team that defeated Thistle 3-0 in the 2002 Scottish Cup Semi Final were members of the now infamous EBT scheme. The thought that Thistle fans were cheated of what could well be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see their club in a Scottish cup final is not one that I will easily forget. Nor should it be forgotten that Rangers have now defaulted on an estimated £100m worth of debts---debts to other football clubs, to the taxman, and to hundreds of small Scottish businesses. Rangers have systematically cheated every single Scottish club, and every single Scottish supporter, over at least a decade. To suggest that demoting them by one division would be a "just" punishment is laughable. Getting demoted to the SFL1 is what should happen when you finish bottom of the SPL, not what should happen when you have been caught defrauding everyone with any interest in the Scottish game.

Sporting integrity must be at the heart of Scottish football. Without it, instead of a professional sports setup we would be left with a corrupt farce more akin to professional wrestling, with the sole difference being that the administrators of WWE wrestling at least have the decency not to pretend that the game isn't rigged in favour of a select few. If Partick Thistle are willing to sell the integrity of the Scottish game in return for a handful of Rangers' tarnished silver then that would be unforgivable. Were that scenario to come to pass, I for one would have to consider long and hard as to whether or not I could return to Firhill and, having spoken to my fellow supporters, I know that many of them feel the same way. A newco Rangers might be a short-term gravy train for Partick Thistle but what price to the club in the long term if lifelong supporters walk away?

It may be, of course, that Mr Beattie has been misquoted by the Record and the Evening Times and has no intention of allowing a newco Rangers to escape a *truly* just punishment. I hope that this is the case.

Yours,

Excellent letter Uncle.....let us all know if you get any response although if you do I can probably guess as to its content!!

Yes we should go in to div 3 but it's not our choice to make.

You aren't 'going down' anywhere. Your membership expires if the Newco vote fails, and are then able to apply to the SFL at its lowest level: and this ought to be rejected. You don't have the sporting or financial integrity to take the place away from clubs waiting for the opportunity.

People need to stop pandering to this 'oh lets put them down to the Third' get-out clause. Rangers fans want this because they see it as three easy titles, days out across the country and storming back into the SPL with their customary arrogance, ra peepul in tow. Throw in the 'chaos' spoken about regarding the finances of the SPL clubs who they'd love to 'boycott' anyway, and it's a perfect scenario for them.

Kick them out altogether. It is the only way to ensure the sporting integrity of Scottish football.

Although some fans of SPL clubs are holding off on buying their season tickets, will they purchase if their chairman says they'll vote 'no' but before the actual vote takes place? It could be that people purchase tickets and then Sevco still end up in the SPL.

I've bought my season ticket for East End but is Sevco appear in our league it will be my last no matter how Yorkston would vote.

United had only sold 1700 tickets upto yesterday. The ticket office has been packed today and sold hundreds more. All we wanted was for our chairman to show some leadership and say NO. If, in the very unlikely looking event now, that they do get voted into the SPL, well, I won't be back, but my club will have my money, and they deserve it now.

ps - Playoffs! I have watched United win the league, beat some of the best teams in Europe, win the cup at the 7th attempt, but without doubt the most thrilling moment ever was Brian Welsh heading past Nicky Walker in our play-off win back in 96!

You aren't 'going down' anywhere. Your membership expires if the Newco vote fails, and are then able to apply to the SFL at its lowest level: and this ought to be rejected. You don't have the sporting or financial integrity to take the place away from clubs waiting for the opportunity.

People need to stop pandering to this 'oh lets put them down to the Third' get-out clause. Rangers fans want this because they see it as three easy titles, days out across the country and storming back into the SPL with their customary arrogance, ra peepul in tow. Throw in the 'chaos' spoken about regarding the finances of the SPL clubs who they'd love to 'boycott' anyway, and it's a perfect scenario for them.

Kick them out altogether. It is the only way to ensure the sporting integrity of Scottish football.

Spot on. This "sigh, fine, demote us to the 3rd" attitude is really pissing me off.

Hang on a minute here Hungers FC. You can apply for a slot in the SFL. Clubs will vote on that application, and they should vote to reject it.

snapback.pngUncle Psychosis, on 22 June 2012 - 14:48, said:

Copied your letter and sent it to the Jags.

But how come your team is ICT?

Absolutely spot on. They should be booted out and if a new club is formed, they can apply for the vacant slot, along with any other interested parties (and their application should not be given any preference over any other club).

Yes we should go in to div 3 but it's not our choice to make.

Telt.

Rubbish.

Your fanbase could have delivered a clear ultimatum to your club

right from the very start of this.

Instead they have largely gone along with exactly the same kind of

"always cheated never defeated" paranoid pish you claim to find so pathetic

when the other ugly sister does it.