Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Herald seem to be the ones giving this SFL1 think the big push at the moment.

Chris Jack, the same journalist who wrote the piece with the Thistle chairman, tweeted last night "Looking forward to a couple of trips to Ibrox on Thistle duty next season. SPLs loss will be First Divisions gain". What a pile of pish.

Why do we have so many sports "journalists" in Scotland?

They are desperate to keep Sevco around so they can stay in a job. Nothing to do with what is good for Scottish football.

The Herald seem to be the ones giving this SFL1 think the big push at the moment.

Chris Jack, the same journalist who wrote the piece with the Thistle chairman, tweeted last night "Looking forward to a couple of trips to Ibrox on Thistle duty next season. SPLs loss will be First Divisions gain". What a pile of pish.

I just read this tweet from him.

It doesn't even make sense. Benefit "bcoz of Gers" then use situation to benefit.

Moron.

post-16383-0-38786900-1340376310_thumb.p

Just fired this off to PTFC, for all the good it'll do...and yes it does make me sound like a bit of a twat but I'm not very good at the whole "disgruntled of Tunbridge Wells" thing :lol:

Dear PTFC

I write regarding Mr Beattie's comments regarding the Rangers situation which have been published in the Daily Record and the Evening Times.

As a lifelong supporter of Partick Thistle I find the thought that PTFC could be complicit in a Rangers "newco" being parachuted into next year's SFL1 deeply alarming. The chairman is quite right when he says that this is a massive opportunity for Scottish football to change, but if, as the newspapers suggest, he is is claiming that demoting Rangers by a single division would be a just punishment for decades of cheating and financial mismanagement then he is deeply mistaken.

Rangers FC have, it appears, been systematically cheating the rest of Scottish football for as long as many of us can remember. Indeed, it has since emerged that every single member of the Rangers team that defeated Thistle 3-0 in the 2002 Scottish Cup Semi Final were members of the now infamous EBT scheme. The thought that Thistle fans were cheated of what could well be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see their club in a Scottish cup final is not one that I will easily forget. Nor should it be forgotten that Rangers have now defaulted on an estimated £100m worth of debts---debts to other football clubs, to the taxman, and to hundreds of small Scottish businesses. Rangers have systematically cheated every single Scottish club, and every single Scottish supporter, over at least a decade. To suggest that demoting them by one division would be a "just" punishment is laughable. Getting demoted to the SFL1 is what should happen when you finish bottom of the SPL, not what should happen when you have been caught defrauding everyone with any interest in the Scottish game.

Sporting integrity must be at the heart of Scottish football. Without it, instead of a professional sports setup we would be left with a corrupt farce more akin to professional wrestling, with the sole difference being that the administrators of WWE wrestling at least have the decency not to pretend that the game isn't rigged in favour of a select few. If Partick Thistle are willing to sell the integrity of the Scottish game in return for a handful of Rangers' tarnished silver then that would be unforgivable. Were that scenario to come to pass, I for one would have to consider long and hard as to whether or not I could return to Firhill and, having spoken to my fellow supporters, I know that many of them feel the same way. A newco Rangers might be a short-term gravy train for Partick Thistle but what price to the club in the long term if lifelong supporters walk away?

It may be, of course, that Mr Beattie has been misquoted by the Record and the Evening Times and has no intention of allowing a newco Rangers to escape a *truly* just punishment. I hope that this is the case.

Yours,

Even if clubs are willing to accept the incredibly short-sighted one-off financial boost to allow Sevco in, putting them into the First denies 20 of the 30 clubs a cut of the money. I fail to see how even the most compliant SFL1 clubs could push it through the current system. The current system part of that statement has to be stressed.

Besides, it's worth remembering that the SPL clubs have been under pressure from all sides to punish Rangers and Sevco for months. The shift in focus to the SPL has only occurred in the last week. It remains to be seen if fan pressure will have the same effect in the lower leagues as it has at a few notable SPL clubs so far.

What if they can get a playoff? The SFL have been screwed over quite a lot by the SPL. They now have a negotiating position. Bumping Rangers into the 3rd might be the just thing to do but longer term benefits might be available. Larger annual settlement being one of those things.

The SFL may never have a more powerful position to negotiate from. Remember last season there was a proposal for the SPL to basically take over the SFL. This could be a massive opportunity to change the relationship between the leagues.

Just fired this off to PTFC, for all the good it'll do...and yes it does make me sound like a bit of a twat but I'm not very good at the whole "disgruntled of Tunbridge Wells" thing :lol:

Dear PTFC

I write regarding Mr Beattie's comments regarding the Rangers situation which have been published in the Daily Record and the Evening Times.

As a lifelong supporter of Partick Thistle I find the thought that PTFC could be complicit in a Rangers "newco" being parachuted into next year's SFL1 deeply alarming. The chairman is quite right when he says that this is a massive opportunity for Scottish football to change, but if, as the newspapers suggest, he is is claiming that demoting Rangers by a single division would be a just punishment for decades of cheating and financial mismanagement then he is deeply mistaken.

Rangers FC have, it appears, been systematically cheating the rest of Scottish football for as long as many of us can remember. Indeed, it has since emerged that every single member of the Rangers team that defeated Thistle 3-0 in the 2002 Scottish Cup Semi Final were members of the now infamous EBT scheme. The thought that Thistle fans were cheated of what could well be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see their club in a Scottish cup final is not one that I will easily forget. Nor should it be forgotten that Rangers have now defaulted on an estimated £100m worth of debts---debts to other football clubs, to the taxman, and to hundreds of small Scottish businesses. Rangers have systematically cheated every single Scottish club, and every single Scottish supporter, over at least a decade. To suggest that demoting them by one division would be a "just" punishment is laughable. Getting demoted to the SFL1 is what should happen when you finish bottom of the SPL, not what should happen when you have been caught defrauding everyone with any interest in the Scottish game.

Sporting integrity must be at the heart of Scottish football. Without it, instead of a professional sports setup we would be left with a corrupt farce more akin to professional wrestling, with the sole difference being that the administrators of WWE wrestling at least have the decency not to pretend that the game isn't rigged in favour of a select few. If Partick Thistle are willing to sell the integrity of the Scottish game in return for a handful of Rangers' tarnished silver then that would be unforgivable. Were that scenario to come to pass, I for one would have to consider long and hard as to whether or not I could return to Firhill and, having spoken to my fellow supporters, I know that many of them feel the same way. A newco Rangers might be a short-term gravy train for Partick Thistle but what price to the club in the long term if lifelong supporters walk away?

It may be, of course, that Mr Beattie has been misquoted by the Record and the Evening Times and has no intention of allowing a newco Rangers to escape a *truly* just punishment. I hope that this is the case.

Yours,

Cool. Well stated indeed.

The idea of parachuting newco into the 1st Division would surely have to be approved by the majority of SFL clubs. Wouldn't it be nice if just one of the 30 chairmen was to voice their opposition at this stage. Just one.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/sfls-longmuir-doubtful-about-merger-timescale.17896545

The prospect of the Rangers newco being allowed to begin life in the second tier does not sit well with some first division clubs, most notably Livingston who were demoted to the third division from the first three years ago for breaching league rules on insolvency.

"We're monitoring the situation closely as rules are rules," said Ged Nixon, the chief executive of the West Lothian club. "The SFA were complicit in upholding the SFL's decision against Livingston and I would expect them to treat Rangers in exactly the same way.

"Everything I've read on the matter seems to centre around what Sky TV want and that in itself isn't healthy. This is a great opportunity to shake up our game from top to bottom so it should have nothing to do with them whatsoever.

"Why should Rangers get straight into the first division? Just to appease the sponsor of another division? That just doesn't stack up for me. I'm fully in agreement that changes are needed but we need to go about it the right way and for the right reasons."

Hopefully that counts as the one you're looking for!

Dear PTFC

Yours,

Very well put.

Lets us know of any response.

Dear PTFC

Yours,

Nice.

What a fucking pathetic, short-sighted view to take. So this clown is willing to put Scottish football back in the exact same state within a year for the sake of £250k? What a fucking whore.

pretty much sums up my feelings of this c*ntmad.gif

Edited by rustyarabnuts

What if they can get a playoff? The SFL have been screwed over quite a lot by the SPL. They now have a negotiating position. Bumping Rangers into the 3rd might be the just thing to do but longer term benefits might be available. Larger annual settlement being one of those things.

The SFL may never have a more powerful position to negotiate from. Remember last season there was a proposal for the SPL to basically take over the SFL. This could be a massive opportunity to change the relationship between the leagues.

Once The Rangers have been rejected by the SPL the SFL can then say we are not accepting The Rangers in.

Who do you think holds all the aces in that scenario?

Edited by ayrmad

What a fucking pathetic, short-sighted view to take. So this clown is willing to put Scottish football back in the exact same state within a year for the sake of £250k? What a fucking whore.

That's 1000 fans over 1 season, how many you going to drive away with this Beattie?? 1 here for a start and if you vote for this and it comes through invest in a padlock cause you'll have driven the fans away and killed the club

A play-off only accommodates 7-8 clubs who harbour ambitions/delusions of establishing themselves in the SPL. In a vote of 30, that doesn't work either. What figure of annual settlement would be enough to help 30 clubs with contrasting business models (and non-models like Morton and Dunfermline), and make up for the loss of one-off revenue for the seaside league teams? Where is that money coming from?

The only way this can happen is if the SPL managed to hive off the ambitious clubs in the First Division into their own self-centred little voting bloc... perhaps by creating a new league, like the SPL but feeding into it from below... SPLB?

Once The Rangers have been rejected by the SPL the SFL can then say we are not accepting Rangers in.

I would assume that anything like this would need to be negotiated prior to chucking Rangers out, so July 4 might not be The Day.

A quick point is that if the SFL don't let Rangers in won't that lead to a Clydebank/Airdrie scenario?

The Old Firm are dead.

Yir life is over.

F*ck off !!

? EH ...... the old firm fixture is dead and looks like Rangers to follow soon after BUT ! I think you'll find that Celtic are very well much alive and fighting and just because one club is dead does not mean Celtic will follow soon after.After all Celtic didn't cheat to win and if Celtic had less success I'm sure you wouldn't be as pissed off about it.

Yeh sure the old firm game was well looked forwarded too but that's all about to change,it would appear that Celtic now need to find a new rival ! and I may add by the tone of fans in here then bring it on all of you :D ! every team in unison to be our rival by the sounds of it !.

In saying that the other clubs chasing the title will now possibly have a potential 12 point advantage over their last points total from last year coz the gers can't cheat and fcuk you over 4 times a season.Celtic will cut back for sure if they are pish in Europe every other season and don't have the European money to subsidize the loss of the old firm fixture and reduced TV revenue.So what you all complaining about ? the stranglehold has been broken,and if anyone has been reading my posts ! that's what I've been advocating FAIRNESS.

Imagine the possible scenario at the end of March 2013.

Traynor on the radio ... "looking back at events last year at Ibrox with the gers going into meltdown who would have thought this season would be one of the best title run ins ever.4 teams in the hunt to claim the SPL title with only a single points margin between them with everyone thinking that Celtic would just run away with it,but they aren't and the other teams have stepped up to the challenge after the demise of the Ibrox outfit.

And here we are the attendances have shot up and a new excitement has gripped the SPL fans and their teams and no longer is there the boring monotony of the usual 2 horse race that has plagued the SPL for decades.In fact I am now looking forward to next season,and from sources it is believed that SPL season ticket requests have almost doubled around the country in the era of we could now have a new SPL champion other than one of the old firm.

It is believed there is new hope for Scottish football after last years events,that there was the prospect of the SPL collapsing under the loss of Rangers.But this was all it took to save the SPL and make it a more exciting sport,the loss of one of the big 2 that was considered to be the mainstay and kingpin in keeping the SPL afloat.This truly is the new dawn for the sport of football in Scotland and all fans now look forward to who could win the SPL and not which one of the old firm will.

^^^^^ For all the diddy fans out there,let's hope this happens as I will probably celebrate a new SPL champion as well and I'm sure the whole of Scotland will.

Once The Rangers have been rejected by the SPL the SFL can then say we are not accepting The Rangers in.

The SFA could end this today by calling for expulsion, or at least suspension.

Then again they have a lot to gain by hanging the SFL out to dry...

Pretty sure regarding SFL 1 thing it would go to a vote of member clubs. Whlist Partick and the ilk would be happy to see the short term picture and chase the green (pun intended) can't see clubs in SFL 2 & 3 going along with it. Going to be a busy few days leading up to this vote.

Although some fans of SPL clubs are holding off on buying their season tickets, will they purchase if their chairman says they'll vote 'no' but before the actual vote takes place? It could be that people purchase tickets and then Sevco still end up in the SPL.

I've bought my season ticket for East End but is Sevco appear in our league it will be my last no matter how Yorkston would vote.

A quick point is that if the SFL don't let Rangers in won't that lead to a Clydebank/Airdrie scenario?

There are no obvious Clydebanks out there right now. I'm not sure on this, but I think the SFL have tightened up the rules on those rebrands after Airdrie United: presumably thinking all the horses had safely bolted first.