Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Whatever happens, there will be a team called Rangers something or other playing somewhere in Glasgow in the 2013/14 season.

If the Sevco Rangers collapses then there would be at least one fan run club started up somewhere or other. They might be in the Juniors and playing at Cathkin Park, but they'd exist.

Just like the ending of many John Carpenter Movies, dawn breaks, the surviving hero and heroine are tired, bloody but alive, the monster/zombies/evil creature (delete as applicable) have been killed and they walk off into the rising sun, but just at the last second, on he last frame of film, there is a twitch of evil life yet - THE END(?)

What has impressed me most about this thread is the fact that despite usual rivalries, most if not all clubs have been represented in the last 2048 odd pages and all are united in trying to improve Scottish football and to make the leagues a more even playing field.

With the death of Rangers and the attempted resurrection of the Spawn of Satan I, personally, hope that there will be a real challenge to the dominance of the other bigot brother regarding finances and the SPL must die.

The only body to come out of this with any form of credit is the SPL which has been consistent in its messages, however this could be to do with there being not much for Longmuir to comment on.

What he has commented on has been coherent and measured. He makes the Cockwomble look like the gibbering wreck that he is.

Now it looks like it is the turn of the SPL clubs to vote on Sevco5088 getting into Division 3. I hope they do not. Scotland would be much better off without both the bigot brothers et al.

In short this is a fantastic day, rivalling only the 12th June when HMRC came up trumps.

Jim Spence, Mark Daly Stuart Cosgrove, Tam Cowan You are all gods. Or proper journalists who do their jobs properly.

tut tut TWO major errors get it sorted or its detention in the big hoose for you tongue.gif

Well done Aberdeen. Nice to see fans of that non-entity getting more enraged by the second. Would've preferred if we'd held off a wee bit to become the 5th club to announce it, just to administer the coup de grace.

Dear fellow Chairmen,

You are cordially invited to join the SPL pre season party to be held as soon as the rest of you grow some balls and put your cards on the table.

Refreshments of Jelly and Ice Cream will be available. BYOB

RSVP

Vladimir, Stephen & Stewart

If even one RFC spokesman had issued a sincere statement at any point accepting full responsibility for Rangers' downfall; vowed to right as many wrongs as they could and asked for a little help in their hour of need, can anyone imagine the other SPL sides would be voting against them this gladly right now? Even as recently as a month ago, would you have predicted this outcome?

Perhaps a month ago yes, this outcome was beginning to look possible but your point in general is 100 per cent spot on. If Rangers - the players, former players, former directors, fans, administrators, everyone - had came out and said sorry we screwed you over, we're in deep shit, please help us and we'll help change the game for good afterwards, they'd have been fine. There would obviously have been some fans staying in the hang 'em high brigade but there would at least have been a debate. The attitude of Rangers has been a major nail in their coffin. We can only hope the SFL finish the completely after the SFA appeal panel suspends them.

Daylight is in sight. WIth Spency reckoning there could be two more confirmed "no" votes today, this could be a cracking weekend.

Uncle Roy's in the No camp, I assume? I hope SFL fans will lobby their clubs too. This could be a beautiful moment for fan power.

Good to see Leggo completely ignoring the no votes in order to have a go at Sandy Jardine and the £600,000 which won't do a bit of good to anyone.

I guess at the very end, they'll have to donate that to a good cause. Any suggestions?

Could very well be the case. Celtic will surely be seeing that this is only going one way now, and to be the 5th club (essentially the ones that pulled the trigger) would delight their fans.

It's going to be like the battle we had on here for folks to get their post on page 1690, the other clubs will be hovering over the post button on their "We're voting no statement" eventually someone will post up the fourth no vote through boredom and there will be a race to see which of the others has the best reactions to get the prestige of being fifth.

Sings:

You were Rangers

Shitey Rangers

No one liked you, you went bust

Seems like Lieutenant Green is doing as good a job as Agent Whyte:

"Creditors retain claim on Rangers season-ticket cash"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/creditors-retain-claim-on-rangers-season-ticket-cash.17946985

Big Chuck gave the RFFFFFF assurances. He's a stand-up guy.

Uncle Roy's in the No camp, I assume? I hope SFL fans will lobby their clubs too. This could be a beautiful moment for fan power.

From a conversation he had the other day, I don't think he was. But Uncle Roy's not stupid, the tide has turned and it would be foolish for anyone to vote yes now.

It's just a waiting game now, do you want to waste your announcement being 4th instead of making yourself the Famous 5th? Or do you risk missing being 5th and looking like you just following suit in an already decided vote.

Edited by Spain

Of course, assuming that Charlie has got good fire insurance on the Deathstar, he could always get hold of a couple of wee neds with a habit who need some ready cash................................Nah ! :ph34r:

No need for that, sell Murray Park to the SFA and he's got his cash back. A couple of million in the bank from season ticket sales and the Ibrox Retail Park development can be started on Monday.

Great news about Aberdeen and great to see the East Coast teams leading the way. Come on Hibs what's keeping you?

I have to admit that I've started buying the Record recently purely for the amusement factor. Today we get the Dundee Utd/Hearts voting no story, the iinfighting story, Hateley almost greetin and my personal favourite a whole article about whether the first round of the Ramsdens Challenge Cup would be redrawn if Rangers ended up in it. Absolute quality entertainment.

I agree with someone else that this is all Rangers own doing and any sniff of sympathy has been wiped out by their arrogance and lack of humility.

Best Administration and Liquidation Ever

It's going to be like the battle we had on here for folks to get their post on page 1690, the other clubs will be hovering over the post button on their "We're voting no statement" eventually someone will post up the fourth no vote through boredom and there will be a race to see which of the others has the best reactions to get the prestige of being fifth.

Yeah, I replied to a post above yours with the same point before reading as far as this. But this was essentially my point. Everyone will be wanting to be fifth.