Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I read this

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/why-rangers-can-vote-on-4th-july-and-how-the-spl-and-rangers-are-in-error/

(Ohh ma heid.)

It seems that despite there being several anomolies, it will all be down to whether or not the SPL apply their own rules correctly.

:angry:.

Please ignore if already covered.

sadly so true..... I was walking the dog along Leven beach yesterday, so many Rangers tops. Part of me did think "how retro"

I admire you keeping that thought in the heid - at Sainsburys Leven I usually snigger if I see a Sevco FC top worn

Never been a great conspiracy theorist but I still think the Leggo is right for once and that the cardigan will be reappearing.

Bear with me. I thought that with Uncle Wattie and the gang being at the helm of Newco it would make the pressure on the SPL for election unbearable. Probably true but their funds did at least give the Chairmen the option of extreme sanctions.

With Chuck being in charge they simply HAVE to be in the SPL. The guy has`nt much money and these guys will know that the costs associated with maintaining the Newco infrastructure could not possibly be brought in with relegation to SFL3. Like it or not, if this guy`s cashflow is as limited as has been suggested then relegation could well mean the demise of the club. We might want that, I certainly do, but there is`nt a snowballs chance in hell that the SPL would even consider it as an end game.

So, Chuck falls on his knees, explains that the SPL are considering what will be a death sentence and has that commuted to severe financial and points penalties.

Newco stay in the SPL. Suddenly they become a reasonable business proposition. The Cardigan and friends move in. Chuck makes his money and leaves, job done.

Just a thought.

My premise is that; THE SPL WILL NOT RELEGATE NEWCO IF THERE IS THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE THAT IT WILL KILL THE CLUB.

I posted 100s of pages ago that surely in some Golf Club north of Glasgow a couple of fellows have been beavering away creating a new 'Rangers' similar to the AFC Wimbledon model, with Sir Walter of Cardigan the figure head.

Now if the NewCo is denied SPL entry, which I think is a given, then you've got a space in the SFL.

Sevco will be armed with a ground, training facilities and a car park and that is it, they will not have any supporters, players etc..., they are not an attractive proposition for the SFL. But what if this other club was formed? They'd have as much right to apply as Sevco for the space and Sir Walter of Cardigan and his cohorts come steaming back in.

No ground, no problem - ground share Hampden, revenue maker. Training facility, no bother pitch up at a local park. Supporters, a damn sight more than Sevco.

Green and Sevco are then scuppered and so begins a long and comical process of offer and counter offer for the old Ranger deeds on the ground, training facility and car park.

Not invited to East Fife - there's enuf hVns in Methil to go around!!!

That is the nicest thing you have said to me...The thought of being invited to Methil makes my blood run cold :P

That is the nicest thing you have said to me...The thought of being invited to Methil makes my blood run cold :P

Hope you have nice holidays - when you come back you will not have been liquidated + new owner with "weath off the radar"

Quite a good rumour from CQN that Green has no £ and no investors, tried to offload 50% of 'business' to King yesterday for £8m. He said 'Naw' (isn't he banned from directorships?). Sevco to go into admin. laugh.gif

It would be tragic if it were not amusing.

Don't tease :D

[Florentine_Pogen, on 20 June 2012 - 10:10, said:You could well be right.

It's all getting a bit All The President's Men / Deep Throat.

:ph34r:

quote name='sjc' timestamp='1340189548' post='6354411']

Chick Young ?

And Leggo. On Watty. (eeeeuuuughhhhhh)