Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Surely Ye Olde Firm is past tense, having one firm now looking like two firms?

One firm of the two firms is in the process of becoming a deceased firm, leaving the other firm hoping to become the firm.

My understanding of the Old Firm isn't firm.

However I am firmly of the opinion the situation for the firms will become firm in a couple of months.

If it looks like Ranjurs, wears XXXXXL Ranjurs tops, spout sectarian tripe, plays at the Big House, then the Govan part of the OF is still not deid yet

RANGERS ARE SUSPENDED OR EXPELLED

Rangers must give notice today, the end of the 21-day appeal period, that they will be appealing Lord Glennie's Court of Session verdict to set aside the registration embargo. If an appeal is not received, then the SFA will reconvene the Appellate Tribunal under Lord Carloway, at which Rangers could accept the registration embargo, or leave the Tribunal to deliberate. The possible sanctions are suspension from the Scottish Cup, suspension of Rangers' SFA membership, or expulsion. A fourth option is a fine, but this has already been imposed on the club.

How would Rangers respond?

Suspension from the Scottish Cup for the forthcoming campaign would be a relief compared to the other, higher sanctions. There is some doubt about how a suspension from membership would work, in terms of timescale, how it would impact on the employment contracts of players and staff, and the like. Expulsion is draconian, so the shrewder choice might be a suspension that is itself suspended for 12 months on condition that all taxes, wages and football debts are paid on time.

How would Scottish football respond?

The loss of Rangers to the game in this country would have a lasting and negative effect. The club deserves to be punished for the misdemeanours of the past, but there must also be some proportionality. There is little point in Scottish football damaging itself in the process, so the wider game might be happier with a Scottish Cup suspension, or a suspension that is itself suspended.

The above from Richard Wilson in The Herald. He gets my nomination for the title of Cockwomble 2.

Edited by Happy Buddie

Leggo's on fine form this morning. First of all - complete denial about Walter Smith walking away. Completely ignores it and turns it into an act of nobility. And secondly, the article is based on direct debits. Companies don't stop direct debits, customers do. laugh.gif

Stinky Old Alcoholic Screams Insane Nonsense At His Keyboard. Read His Ravings!

Off topic sorry - but wow!! Did I just hear BBC news say that Wayne Rooney has tested positive for a performing enhancing drug!!??!! This summer really does just keep giving the best news ever!!!

Was it in the 'hair' product that he talked aboots Carroll loaning him when he spoke in the post-match interview tho - Andy Carroll sent on a secret Poolie mission to see Rooney kicked oot o fitba :lol:

Edited by Claymores

Some truth <_<

We will roll out red carpet for you Mr Green

By ROBERT THOMSON

Published: 19th June 2012

MONTROSE chairman Derek Sim last night told Charles Green that Rangers would be welcomed into the Third Division.

And he believes that dropping down the leagues to start afresh would kill off the stench surrounding the club following their financial woes.

Sim will watch the outcome of the SPL’s vote on a Rangers newco next month with interest. And he reckons a negative ballot at Hampden would give a boost to small clubs and towns around the country.

He told SunSport: “If Rangers take the decision to come to Division Three, or if the SPL make it for them, I’m sure the SFL will consider that application.

“They would be welcomed by the Third Division clubs.

“Playing Rangers twice a season at home and going to a stadium like Ibrox would be a huge boost for our league.

“In Italy you have had clubs being demoted to the bottom tier and that has given their game a boost at that level.

“If Rangers remain full-time, they would be good enough to win the league — but we’d enjoy it while it lasted.

“I imagine Rangers fans would still support the club in the way they have done.

“And I’d expect them to still have the large travelling supports that they take to away games at the moment.

“It would help the Division Three clubs and also towns like Montrose, Elgin and Peterhead. We’d all benefit from having these big occasions twice a season.”

Many Gers fans now believe dropping into Division Three is in their best interests.

And Sim also says self-demotion may be the best thing the club could do.

He added: “If they said ‘We have made errors but we want a chance to start again’, I think people would be happy with that.

“They would see it as a positive step.

“To go back three divisions and then spring forward again to become the great club they are once more is possible.”

So much for sporting integrity. It's all about the money.

Why do Club Chairman even make comment on this to journos at this time I don't know. As the Killie fans know who commented on this, your Chairman is prone to be quoted saying things you don't want him to. Just say no comment until you have to vote and make a decision. Still I would think all 3rd Division Chairman are thinking the same thing.

The last thing I personally want is to see them parachuted into the 3rd, yes we will make money, and yes they will more than likely win the league. But it makes a mockery of the 3rd again, after Gretna and more recently Livingston have done being full time. We may as well put out the under 17's as we won't win anything and try to minimise costs and maximise profit.

Leaving aside the comments, what is interesting is the media are now moving from stories about keeping them in the SPL, down to now making noises of being in the 3rd as more and more keeps coming out and how toxic they are.

Rangers must give notice today, the end of the 21-day appeal period, that they will be appealing Lord Glennie's Court of Session verdict to set aside the registration embargo. If an appeal is not received, then the SFA will reconvene the Appellate Tribunal under Lord Carloway, at which Rangers could accept the registration embargo, or leave the Tribunal to deliberate. The possible sanctions are suspension from the Scottish Cup, suspension of Rangers' SFA membership, or expulsion. A fourth option is a fine, but this has already been imposed on the club.

Suspension from the Scottish Cup for the forthcoming campaign would be a relief compared to the other, higher sanctions. There is some doubt about how a suspension from membership would work, in terms of timescale, how it would impact on the employment contracts of players and staff, and the like. Expulsion is draconian, so the shrewder choice might be a suspension that is itself suspended for 12 months on condition that all taxes, wages and football debts are paid on time.

The loss of Rangers to the game in this country would have a lasting and negative effect. The club deserves to be punished for the misdemeanours of the past, but there must also be some proportionality. There is little point in Scottish football damaging itself in the process, so the wider game might be happier with a Scottish Cup suspension, or a suspension that is itself suspended.

The above from Richard Wilson in The Herald. He gets my nomination for the title of Cockwomble 2.

He's evidently completely in denial. Any suspended sentence would be the end of Scottish football.

OK I think I have to hold my hands up.....I have been scouring everywhere for something about Rooney and I think it is bollocks. You are right, folk are tweeting that "performance enhancing rug" joke....I seriously can't believe the BBC News anchorman started his link with the reporter saying "reports are coming in from our news team that Rooney has tested positive for a performance enhancing rug"........How irresponsible is that!!?? haha That is exactly how rumours start!!! Especially cause I splashed it all over twitter straight away!!!

Sorry folks, mea culpa....(are you listening at Ibrox? That wasn't hard!)

Off topic sorry - but wow!! Did I just hear BBC news say that Wayne Rooney has tested positive for a performing enhancing drug!!??!! This summer really does just keep giving the best news ever!!!

Think you are needing a hearing test - not being reported on any of the news stations inc SSN !!!!

Why do Club Chairman even make comment on this to journos at this time I don't know.

Because, after money, the thing most of them like most is the sound of their own voice.

McCulloch on SSN saying players haven't heard from Green and the gang. No phone calls, nothing. Not looking too good, is it?

He takes absolute pelters on Twitter. Sadly, he deals with it pretty well.

Yes agree. Absolutely shameful article. Even the red tops have seen through the traditional Rangers bias and are now writing about the facts, some of the time.

How anyone can decide on anything, cast a vote on anything to do with Rangers newco is beyond me? It just is not possible. Nobody knows what they are really dealing with.

Green and his consortium, a team to put on the park, how the club would be run, what are the stories still to emerge and who will be charged and dragged through the courts or charged by the football authorities? Who in Scottish football wants a club run by Green and his rag bag of investors and nonentity faces.? Not the Rangers fans, not the SFA, not the SPL, not Walter and Co, and not us.

Best answer is to close them for a year, newco and all. Keep them away from Scottish football. Challenge is to do it legally so it sticks.

During that year the rest of the world can gain an understanding of the reality and facts of what they are dealing with and then see if newco2 can come along that satisfies the requirements of honesty, transparency, and even some contrition.

If that year is not enough for the 'Rangers people' between them to face up to real world standards and values, then let them die.

"Rangers must give notice today, the end of the 21-day appeal period, that they will be appealing Lord Glennie's Court of Session verdict to set aside the registration embargo. If an appeal is not received, then the SFA will reconvene the Appellate Tribunal under Lord Carloway, at which Rangers could accept the registration embargo, or leave the Tribunal to deliberate."

I don't understand.

Is he suggesting they appeal the decision that they WON so that they can accept it and so avoid a worse punishment?

Don't think the courts would like that.

Or have I lost the plot?

Answers on a thread , please.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Leggo's on fine form this morning. First of all - complete denial about Walter Smith walking away. Completely ignores it and turns it into an act of nobility. And secondly, the article is based on direct debits. Companies don't stop direct debits, customers do. laugh.gif

Stinky Old Alcoholic Screams Insane Nonsense At His Keyboard. Read His Ravings!

a cross section of Leggo's brain must look like a larger, more violent version game of Pacman........except he's being chased by tarriers.

"Rangers must give notice today, the end of the 21-day appeal period, that they will be appealing Lord Glennie's Court of Session verdict to set aside the registration embargo. If an appeal is not received, then the SFA will reconvene the Appellate Tribunal under Lord Carloway, at which Rangers could accept the registration embargo, or leave the Tribunal to deliberate."

I don't understand.

Is he suggesting they appeal the decision that they WON so that they can accept it and so avoid a worse punushment?

Or have I lost the plot?

Repeat from my earlier post:

"I think the most significant thing in the schedule for today is that it's the end of the 21 day appeal period of the Court of Session ruling to set aside the transfer embargo and send the matter back to the Appellate Tribunal.

By the end of the day, Rangers must give notice if they're gonna appeal that (a possible time-wasting appeal could be that the matter should have been sent back to the original Disciplinary Panel instead).

After today, the SFA is free to schedule a fresh meeting of the Appellate Tribunal to consider a fresh punishment from those available (suspension from the Scottish Cup, suspension of Rangers' SFA membership, or expulsion).

Alternatively, Green could volunteer to accept the embargo rather than risk a more catastrophic Tribunal ruling. But that doesn't seem to work either as newco has no players so has to be able to sign some.

It seems to me that newco-ing has effectively castrated any meaningful punishment the SFA has from it's limited choices in the rulebook...........unless they go nuclear with a membership suspension."

I don't understand.

Is he suggesting they appeal the decision that they WON so that they can accept it and so avoid a worse punushment?

Or have I lost the plot?

They can appeal the fact the decision has been sent back to the Appeal Tribunal and not a first Judicial Panel (or even thrown out altogether, actually). In other words, appeal the fact that should they AT suspended/expel them they will have no further right of appeal.