Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I have half jokingly said i wish it was all over no matter what the outcome...Now there is no joking. This has to be stopped and soon!!

I have a feeling this will just drag on and on. It'll be like the News International scandal, one year later there will still be new revelations and people will be scratching their heads saying 'what the fu?' Be prepared for the long haul No8. this story is like picking at a thread, it's just going to keep on coming.

Take a long holiday.

I have never felt so tempted to just jack it all in. I was so close to ripping the renewal letters up last night and only the thought that it would break the wee mans heart stopped me. He will be 16 this year and will probably want to start going with his mates to the games and when that happens i think that will be it for me. There is only so much you can take!!

It has taken months for an apology from 1 of the old Ibrox board and that is from South African based Dave King. I was pleased to read it this morning but it has been long over due and from the wrong person...It was appreciated all the same. Maybe if others...That is you Mr Murray...had spoken up earlier we might not be facing the all round hostility we are today.

I have half jokingly said i wish it was all over no matter what the outcome...Now there is no joking. This has to be stopped and soon!!

Remember your clubs problems were caused by what you could call none rangers people. Your club is a rudderless ship at the moment again being run by none rangers people.

It's hard for your support to take but this is the very time your club needs the support to be as one because at the end of the day it's you guy's who will save the club in one form or another.

I certainly want to see your club punished for wrong doing however the hatred on show is over the top

This thread clips along at some pace. Overnight it has gone through all my secondary school years, the year I had my first shag and I'm now at uni.

I'm off down to Dumfries today. Wonder where it'll be when I get back?

So if you can't win your league, it's ok to accept newco? :unsure:

Insofar as Chairmen are concerned I guess.

But diddy fans from lower Divisions feel no differently about the scums than SPL diddies. The one slight differentiation I'd make is that SFL diddies are are bit peed-off with SPL diddies who glibly say "ah, just throw the problem to SFL"

Naw SPL diddies - it's your problem, deal with it - push to get them kicked out of fitba completely instead of pushing your dirty laundry here. :angry: .

Edited by Claymores

Towards the end of May a post appeared on another forum re. Walter Smith. For some strange reason it was pulled shortly thereafter, although I copied it before it disappeared. Given all that has happened in the last few days, I think it will be OK to post here now. Mods can let me know if that's not the case.

Last Action Hero

Rangers fans will, with considerable justification, feel under attack and believe that the existence of something very dear to them is threatened. It is a basic fact of sociology that groups in crisis will blame others- those from without- for what ails them rather than looking inward. To break the vicious cycle that spirals downward towards disaster, someone of real character needs to step forward to acknowledge the real problems and help the group come to some acceptance of what has happened. Rangers need a real leader just now. When the time comes to pick up the rubble strewn around Rangers FC, the club’s supporters need look no further than Walter Smith as a man who has been tested by events and proven to have the right stuff.

Unlike those to whom EBTs were not offered or not available, it appears that Smith was presented during his time as Everton manager with an opportunity that looks similar to that taken by Graeme Souness while manager at Blackburn Rovers. In September 2002, Smith applied to the Murray Group Management Remuneration Trust trustees for a loan for £80,000. Despite the loan request being approved in the same month, the payment does not appear to have ever been completed. Quite what he had done to merit this payment- four years after leaving the Rangers’ employment- is difficult to tell from the paper trail. However, it looks like Walter Smith thought better of receiving money from his old club through the EBT scheme.

Temptation itself is no sin. It looks like Smith had the character to walk away from what will have appeared at the time to be easy money. That is to be admired. If I have this interpretation wrong, I will be pleased to publish an alternative explanation of events with equal prominence.

In whatever form a new Rangers emerges (and some form of Rangers will be reborn), it will need men like Smith if it is to put the last decade behind it. Some will quibble that Smith was content to benefit from winning championships with teams liberally supplied with players who were subsidised by the EBT scheme. As a non-director and a football man, he can be absolved of responsibility for understanding the tax compliance issues surrounding the scheme. Finding the money to pay players was not his job.

In a tale involving many villains, it was refreshing to stumble over an uplifting chapter.

For those who have asked, Ally McCoist was not a beneficiary of this scheme. Three players, Hamed Namouchi, Ross McCormack, and Francis Jeffers had trusts opened in their name in anticipation of payments being made, but for a variety of reasons no money was ever paid to them through these accounts.

And Sim also says self-demotion may be the best thing the club could do.

He added: “If they said ‘We have made errors but we want a chance to start again’, I think people would be happy with that.

Green could take this option, satisfy the majority of the footballing public and allow us all to move on with life. It would prevent the potentially catastrophic outcome for everyone if the self-interested voted them straight in to the SPL (Ironically, it would be the only wrongdoing in the past 20 years where the blame wouldn't appear to lie at Rangers' door).

I'm well past the five stages of grief I was going through in March, and I'm sick to death of hearing "fan representatives" claim "we've been punished enough already". Let's just make some decisions and get on with it.

I'm well past the five stages of grief I was going through in March, and I'm sick to death of hearing "fan representatives" claim "we've been punished enough already". Let's just make some decisions and get on with it.

yup it's all dragged out way too long, need to know if Newco in or out and what league they'll be in if they're in.

Green could take this option, satisfy the majority of the footballing public and allow us all to move on with life. It would prevent the potentially catastrophic outcome for everyone if the self-interested voted them straight in to the SPL (Ironically, it would be the only wrongdoing in the past 20 years where the blame wouldn't appear to lie at Rangers' door).

Excuse me, but how does Green have that option ? Should Newcorpse, who have no audited accounts and as yet, no SFA licence, not be treated in exactly the same way as Cove Rangers or Spartans in this scenario ?

(Happy to be corrected if wrong on any point.)

A comment on a Retard story online, it shows how oldco fans really think

Speaking as a Rangers fan , i know that the best thing about buying a season ticket is knowing the you are gauranteed a ticket for the 2 games against Celtic...The rest of the games are pretty pointless and just an excuse to get away from the misses for a few hours on a Saturday..

Looks like SELLIK fans are gonna boycott if NEWCO are allowed back in. Things just keep getting better!!! That surely makes it a no brainer for the chairmen now....and as we keep on hgearing with boring regualarity from the Orcs....be careful what you vote for!!!!

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23898340/

Edited by Sting777

Just wanted to leave a post on this thread so i could be part of the ' most entertaining thread ever ' this has gave me weeks of enjoyment - laughs -anger - dis-belief - it has started to take over my life. my work rate has slowed down to a crawl as i find myself refreshing this every 5 minutes to try and keep up... so i thank you p&b members for brightening my days up - i do not want this journey to end but i realise the Rangers or whoever they are now will have to perish sooner or later - my jelly and ice cream are on standby.. :-)

Aye, but the court cases, and the general fallout, including the reorganisation of Scottish football will keep us entertained for years to come.

Excuse me, but how does Green have that option ? Should Newcorpse, who have no audited accounts and as yet, no SFA licence, not be treated in exactly the same way as Cove Rangers or Spartans in this scenario ?

Yes - they should apply for entry to the SFL and be evaluated on the same merits as any other bid. The 3 years of audited accounts is discretionary as far as I'm aware, and Spartans have already indicated they won't apply. However, if such a bid failed, then the club should suck it up, apply to another league and wait for a future application opportunity, or the pyramid system to be realised.

I don't think the club should get any special treatment from anybody.

Edit: missing words - it's early.

Edited by Huistrinho