Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If rangers were parachuted straight back into the SPL there would be ramifications running on for years. Dunfermline for one would have a case to put to the sporting court of arbitration. as would Livingston dunfermline simply weren't good enough to stay in the SPL because they couldn't afford to field a strong enough team.

Ranger placed in the 3rd div could then regain some standing in the game if they progressed through the divisions but something tells me a league reconstruction that would allow rangers to slip back into the top flight by the back door is only a year or so away and rangers fans can go back to being smug and arrogant.

So the chat on RTC and twitter is that in the asset transfer, Ibrokes has been valued at £500k and MP at £1m and that HMRC are taking a somewhat dim view of this. Terms used have included 'injunction against trading' and 'gratuitous alienation'. Some suggesting Chas and the gang have got 30 days to up the ante or BDO will be off down the court to get the transaction unwound.

Sod the jelly and ice cream. I'm going the whole hog. French onion soup to start, with cheese croutons. Main course, ribeye steak, pepper sauce, fried mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, chips, all with a nice little Chateauneuf du Pape (like that wee touch, eh?), jelly and ice cream, natch, and an espresso with a large Balblair to finish. Oh, and on the karaoke later "The Final Countdown"

I can't believe that there's a single agent advising their client to TUPE across to the newco at the moment. No players = no transfer fees.

I've no idea how Green expects to make a profit out of this.

It was always a gamble for Chuckie that it would all pan out right. He saw a chance to make a quick buck and it hasn't worked out for him.

He really hasn't put anything in. Has he even handed over the £5million for the assets?

There was chat, pre-CVA, that they only had 5 million in the client account. I think either could be idle gossip.

I'm certain he'll make money either way. Whether it's selling a football club or selling the estate.

Sorry, what you on about? Keep the pitch brief.

Pitch:

• Invite Daly, English, Thomson, Spence, Cosgrove, Cowan to be panelists at a P&B football forum where we can ask the real questions and get the real answers without the WoS media bias.
  • Hold small forums at regulated supporters clubs with a spokesperson from the relevant supporters trust/associaton to discuss the issues as we have here and a Q&A session with the journos in question
  • Invite someone from D&P just for a laugh........
  • Have one empty seat for a Rangers fans group representative to put their views across.....

Ok, the last two are unlikely.....

It's an opportunity to put the questions that have been raised on here directly to the few journalists who haven't towed the OF party line. The ones who have put out a reasonably objective viewpoint. If these journalists are as representative of the non OF view as it seems, I would think they may be open to the opportunity to gather some real on the ground feeling from supporters, not just online, but in person.

The forums could be filmed and put online exclusively for P&B and made available to the journalists for wider distribution. We'd need to cover journalists expenses and general costs through tickets at as low a cost as could be attained (£5?) but all costs and expenses would be 'transparent'. We could do this at every club, or if costs were prohibitive just arrange a few select locations after a consultation/poll here on P&B. I have several colleagues willing to do this from a technical stand point ( filming, sound, lighting etc) and there would be no charge for these services.

And to be fair, it would be a right good laugh and a few pints to boot. I did this same thing under a Daily Record banner a few years back with Peter Martin hosting, but every day it turned into an OF love in with Murdo, Hately, Traynor, etc. This would be the other side of the coin....

Obviously, requests to the relevant jounos would dictate if this was even possible, but no point enquiring with them as to their position if there isn't the demand on here.

Pitch over

Edited by chrismcarab

looks like someone who saw the chance to make a ton of money reselling the name to the cheats later maybe?

That's like trying to sell an armani suit to a beggar though...

Wonder if Craig Whyte bought it?

Sod the jelly and ice cream. I'm going the whole hog. French onion soup to start, with cheese croutons. Main course, ribeye steak, pepper sauce, fried mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, chips, all with a nice little Chateauneuf du Pape (like that wee touch, eh?), jelly and ice cream, natch, and an espresso with a large Balblair to finish. Oh, and on the karaoke later "The Final Countdown"

You have just described my favourite meal to a T. Ok I'd change the Balblair to a Drambuie, but all the rest :thumsup2

Pitch:

• Invite Daly, English, Thomson, Spence, Cosgrove, Cowan to be panelists at a P&B football forum where we can ask the real questions and get the real answers without the WoS media bias.
  • Hold small forums at regulated supporters clubs with a spokesperson from the relevant supporters trust/associaton to discuss the issues as we have here and a Q&A session with the journos in question
  • Invite someone from D&P just for a laugh........
  • Have one empty seat for a Rangers fans group representative to put their views across.....

Ok, the last two are unlikely.....

It's an opportunity to put the questions that have been raised on here directly to the few journalists who haven't towed the OF party line. The ones who have put out a reasonably objective viewpoint. If these journalists are as representative of the non OF view as it seems, I would think they may be open to the opportunity to gather some real on the ground feeling from supporters, not just online, but in person.

The forums could be filmed and put online exclusively for P&B and made available to the journalists for wider distribution. We'd need to cover journalists expenses and general costs through tickets at as low a cost as could be attained (£5?) but all costs and expenses would be 'transparent'. We could do this at every club, or if costs were prohibitive just arrange a few select locations after a consultation/poll here on P&B. I have several colleagues willing to do this from a technical stand point ( filming, sound, lighting etc) and there would be no charge for these services.

And to be fair, it would be a right good laugh and a few pints to boot. I did this same thing under a Daily Record banner a few years back with Peter Martin hosting, but every day it turned into an OF love in with Murdo, Hately, Traynor, etc. This would be the other side of the coin....

Obviously, requests to the relevant jounos would dictate if this was even possible, but no point enquiring with them as to their position if there isn't the demand on here.

Pitch over

I admire your robust enthusiasm.

The thing is, the whole scenario is a stitch up. I know it, you know it, everybody on here knows it. I don't see what positive benefit It would have.

All I need to know is whether these guys are going to want my business or not and that will be evident from the outcome of the vote. I've emailed my club's chairmen setting out my opinion and I hope enough like-minded people across the country do the same.

There was chat, pre-CVA, that they only had 5 million in the client account. I think either could be idle gossip.

I'm certain he'll make money either way. Whether it's selling a football club or selling the estate.

5966565448_f8f1d306d4_z.jpg

I'll give him £150.00 for it.

So the chat on RTC and twitter is that in the asset transfer, Ibrokes has been valued at £500k and MP at £1m and that HMRC are taking a somewhat dim view of this. Terms used have included 'injunction against trading' and 'gratuitous alienation'. Some suggesting Chas and the gang have got 30 days to up the ante or BDO will be off down the court to get the transaction unwound.

Haudit and Daudit - the administrators who keep on giving. :lol::lol::lol:

Edit to add: Rangers have been gratuitously alienating the rest of Scottish football for years.

Again, it depends on timing. Assuming The Rangers get to start in the SPL, he'll persuade the majority of the mid-range players to stay on. And it's those transfer fees that he'll realise if he sells up a few weeks into the season.

Not going to happen my man.

Edited by Granny Danger

fairly random observation - I just used 'cockwomble' on Facebook to describe Clive Tyldesley.

I mistyped it as 'cokwomble', so got my usual red underline to point this out to me by the software. Added the missing 'c' and the red line disappeared.

Has cockwomble already been accepted as a valid word?