Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ok how about this for a guess as to how things will pan out, not suggesting it's right, not suggesting for a moment it WILL happen but just a scenario;

SFA will suspend Rangers FC for 12 months for outstanding disrepute charge

SFA will also suspend Rangers FC for 12 months for dual contracts charge

Both suspensions will be served concurrently ie; Rangers play no football at all in season 2012-2013

The SPL announce that from season 2013-2014 they are going to create a second tier SPL and invite the top X clubs from SFL 1 to apply to join. (The size of those leagues I can't even begin to hazzard a guess at but let's suppose 2 x 12 for arguments sake)

Newco vote comes on July 4th, clubs agree to transfer Rangers share to newco, but (noting the SFA have already suspended anyway) only on condition that they accept demotion to SPL 2

Season 2013-2014 kicks off with two SPL tiers, Rangers being in the second rung, potentially one further season away from rejoining the top tier if they secured promotion

MY REASONS BEHIND THE THEORY..........

I can't honestly see any way that Rangers (or "Rangers" if you want to call them that) can escapes suspension next season. The charges already against them are severe and the menu of punishments that the court of session has mandated they are given can only be suspension, explusion or scottish cup expulsion and the SFA's own lawyer said that the appelgate tribunal deemed the last of these to be too lenient.

Dual contracts charge is even more severe but by serving suspensions concurrently SFA can appease Rangers (a bit !) and keep them out of football for only 1 year

SPL are desperate to retain power and veto any move from SFA to take control. Expanding to two tiers ensures power is retained.

SPL can offer Sky incentive of two tier SPL from next season, "Rangers" bringing coverage to the new second tier.

"Rangers" only really miss one season of what could well be third division football anyway

Clubs get to fudge the newco vote, they can vote Yes to transfer, but offer "relegation" to the new SPL 2 as being the "punishment"

"Rangers" potentially only out of top tier SPL for 2 seasons and out of SPL completely for just 1 season. Appeases SKY, appeases chairmen and sponsors.

Fans get some sort of re-structure of the game

There is no time to create SPL 2 in time for the season coming, the suspension buys the SPL a year to sort it out

It might be fanciful, might still not be deemed to be "fair" but I can't think of any other way the game can survive without major boycotts or financial wobbles all over the place.

Only snag of course is what "Rangers" do for the next 12 months. Maybe go on a world tour playing exhibition games, not sure, haven't an answer for that !

Have you considered a career in the Diplomatic Service. This is good.

Ok how about this for a guess as to how things will pan out, not suggesting it's right, not suggesting for a moment it WILL happen but just a scenario;

Both suspensions will be served concurrently ie; Rangers play no football at all in season 2012-2013

The SPL announce that from season 2013-2014 they are going to create a second tier SPL and invite the top X clubs from SFL 1 to apply to join. (The size of those leagues I can't even begin to hazzard a guess at but let's suppose 2 x 12 for arguments sake)

Newco vote comes on July 4th, clubs agree to transfer Rangers share to newco, but (noting the SFA have already suspended anyway) only on condition that they accept demotion to SPL 2

Season 2013-2014 kicks off with two SPL tiers, Rangers being in the second rung, potentially one further season away from rejoining the top tier if they secured promotion

I can't honestly see any way that Rangers (or "Rangers" if you want to call them that) can escapes suspension next season. The charges already against them are severe and the menu of punishments that the court of session has mandated they are given can only be suspension, explusion or scottish cup expulsion and the SFA's own lawyer said that the appelgate tribunal deemed the last of these to be too lenient.

Dual contracts charge is even more severe but by serving suspensions concurrently SFA can appease Rangers (a bit !) and keep them out of football for only 1 year

SPL are desperate to retain power and veto any move from SFA to take control. Expanding to two tiers ensures power is retained.

SPL can offer Sky incentive of two tier SPL from next season, "Rangers" bringing coverage to the new second tier.

"Rangers" only really miss one season of what could well be third division football anyway

Clubs get to fudge the newco vote, they can vote Yes to transfer, but offer "relegation" to the new SPL 2 as being the "punishment"

"Rangers" potentially only out of top tier SPL for 2 seasons and out of SPL completely for just 1 season. Appeases SKY, appeases chairmen and sponsors.

There is no time to create SPL 2 in time for the season coming, the suspension buys the SPL a year to sort it out

It might be fanciful, might still not be deemed to be "fair" but I can't think of any other way the game can survive without major boycotts or financial wobbles all over the place.

Only snag of course is what "Rangers" do for the next 12 months. Maybe go on a world tour playing exhibition games, not sure, haven't an answer for that !

Would that not effectively kill them off completely, with their (even reduced) expenditure, and no players, The Mysterons would have no source of income and would spend the next year looking at ways to redevelop Ibrox, The Trainig Ground Formerly Known As Murray Park, etc, and forget about football all together.....mmmmmm.. sounds good to me.

I don't think these punishments would be served concurrently in that case. After Neil Lennon's shameful court actions last season, the SFA will have altered its rules to guarantee that any punishments are served consecutively.

I don't think Sevco Rangers would survive a year without football to be honest.

That's a lot of hot air.

Think you will find it wasn't air, it was Hydrogen, and it wasn't hot until it ignited, then it was a bit burny. and turned into the cover of Led Zeppelin I

Edited by Old Diamond

Won't happen, requires too much brain power from those running the SPL - something they lack a great deal of.

are we allowed to disagree with Div? or do we suffer demotion to the third?laugh.gif

I think the esspeeelll should GTF and do what the sfa are suggesting, of a whole new governing body for both leagues.

Rankers should be punted to the backwaters of the stagecoach league but that aint gonna happen, so I feel it should be Div3 and then set into motion the restructuring into 3 leagues of 14 preferrably.

Div,

There is far too much logic and common sense in what you say for the Scottish football authorities to accept this, not without politically correct machinations and public outcry at the need for Rangers to be adequately punished for past crimes. The fly in your otherwise excellent ointment for this ailment is the ignorance and lack of realism that is exercised by so many of a blue persuasion who feel justified in immediate entry to the SPL for their zombie club for no reason other than being "ra peepul" and the defence that those responsible for the mess are no longer on the scene.

In response to Div's post at 10:08...

The last time they were up before the SFA, the panel declared that what they had been up to was more serious than anything except match-fixing. If match-fixing is defined as deploying resources outwith the rules of the competition in order to gain an unfair advantage, then they are guilty of that big-style.

When fielding ONE ineligible player, often through administrative error, has seen teams hammered both in Scotland and outwith our little backwater, what is a reasonable pubishment for systematic cheating over a period of years, with the financial gains from one year (CL, place prizemoney, etc.) being used to further the scam the next year?

One thing and one thing only - ELIMINATION. Expulsion from the SPL, expulsion from the SFA, and Expulsion from the record books for the period concerned.

I've said it before and I will repeat - Nobody knows if the SPL will survive without rangers. What we do know is that sport has been killed by rangers. Can the Scottish game survive without them? Buggered if I know, but at least we'll die with fresh air in our lungs, not the stench of corruption.

We'll agree to differ on that one. But the Well Society is ripped up over night if they vote yes and I think that's concern number one at Fir Park.

What`s the time scale at Fir Park? Who`ll be representing the club on the 14th? As you say, a Yes vote will possibly have more consequences for you (and St Mirren) than for other clubs. I`d hate for these initiatives to be fatally soured before they even get off the ground.

Personally I think it is a racing cert that the SFA will suspend Rangers for a year, can't see any other route open to them.

So this would be punishment based upon a yes vote, presumably? What would happen if there's a no vote and Rangers are playing in the third next season? Would they then also be suspended for a season? Surely the punishment due to Rangers (as will be) is due irrespective of the outcome of the Died on the Fourth of July ballot?

IMO if they let Rangers back into the SPL then the league has about as much credibility as the MLS franchise league.

Motherwell Right Wingers has a nice ring to it.

How much credibility does the SPL currently have? And, dare I say it, 5-1.

Have told Rod that my season ticket money is his as soon as he announces a 'no' vote. I will refuse to attend any ground of clubs that vote yes.

7 of our group are doing the same, 8 have already renewed and 2 arent going back no matter what. All have said they'll boycott those that vote yes.

Clubs should be very very aware of the effect of non Rangers fans not coming to visit.

I`d suggest that this is one of the reasons that Shiels is pushing for a secret ballot.

That's an absolutely fucking terrible scenario. Literally everyone loses. The comparatively well-run SFL loses all its best teams; the TV deal is further diluted, especially two sessions down the line when the permanent top two is restored; the phoenix club gets to appropriate titles and history it didn't earn; and as "punishment", it spends a year playing exhibitions every week to packed crowds (likely under an independent TV deal) before stomping through a diddy SPL 2. Absolute horror show.

I don't think that clubs will suspend Rangers for a whole year. I think we are looking at

1. SPL clubs shiting a brick and gambling that fan boycotts are hot air. Rangers NewCo let in but deducted points, money and banned from Scottish Cup

2. As above but then NewCo thinks penalties too harsh so walk off in huff and enter SFL3.

3. SPL grow a pair and say no. NewCo enters SFL3

4. SPL and SFL merge and some grubby compromise/made up rule plonks the NewCo in SFL1.

The papers at the weekend were clearly being briefed that 4 was the preferred option although Longmuir's comments undermine that a little. If they can sort out the details in time and give the SFL/Longmuir a sweetener (more money/proper TV coverage?) then I still think that is what is most likely at this point. It saves the Chairmen from having to say no, it keeps SKY happy with just a one year absence if things go to plan for them and it punishes Rangers so they can say we did punish them - we relegated them.

If 4 falls down I think we'll be back at 1. I'm a pessimist but I still think the Chairmen will shite it. As I've said before the only thing will stop them doing so if they think the money they will lose from thier own fans is starting to approach what they'd get from a TV deal/Rangers

Personally I think it is a racing cert that the SFA will suspend Rangers for a year, can't see any other route open to them.

Cant see them doing this as they know this will kill them off.... all of the playing squad will leave as they cant sit idle or play the odd friendly for 12 months..

And with no matchday, advertising and TV revenue they wont have any money to upkeep Murray Park/Ibrox, pay non footballing wages or offer contracts to an entire new squad this time next year..

For all they need to be seen to be punished i cant see the SFA/SPL effectively killing them off completely... Nice though the thought is :)