Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I thought a club applying to join the SPL or SFL had to have 3 years of accounts. Newco certainly don't, and Oldco didn't give a f*ck

about irrelevant accountancy. 3 years in the wilderness, at least, would be a more fitting punishment for the multitude of crimes committed.

The incompitance and corruption of many in the SFA and SPL seemingly knows no bounds.

Some of those quotes are 4 weeks old now.

BS, things have changed and we'll just have to wait and see.

What a mess, if it is the EBTs which are causing the trouble, then how far back do you go? How many players does it have to involve for 'cheating' to have taken place?

Edited by Joe M

The supporters forums (at Motherwell and everywhere else) are more about the clubs telling the fans the implications than the other way around. It's one thing the fans saying they'd accept short-term pain, the reality is fans are fickle and will moan like bitches as soon as something happens they don't like. If Motherwell, for example, put it in black and white that we have to sell our two best players half-price to urgently fund this season's shortfall and we won't even consider renewing the contracts of the seven or eight first teamers who can leave next summer, they can then point out they told everyone this was the price of integrity.

This will happen across the board in Scotland. St Mirren have said they will lose £500,000 pa without Rangers...Well they will certainly be slashing the wage bill and any decent offer for players like Kenny McLean will have to be considered.

I keep hearing Scottish football has hit rock bottom. TBH i think we are nowhere near rock bottom. Every SPL club losing £500,000 pa and celtic double that every year for the next 3 years. Is this the price we are willing to pay for sporting integrity? I am certainly prepared for it as it is a fit and proper punishment for what my club did..I feel for the other clubs as they will suffer as well but at least they have a choice. I cant understand why supporters of other clubs are not looking to keep The Rangers in the SPL with heavy sanctions...They get to mock us...They get the money we generate and they get to make sure we wont be competitive for X years.

Should Sevco FC gain rapid promotion through the division from 3rd to SPL. A possible 5 clubs (that's 1/8th of the senior football membership) will see no financial gain whatsoever.

I'd assume the SFL television deal which would suddenly seem so attractive to channels would ensure everyone benefits to some extent.

If Rangers are stripped of cups and titles I don't think it is as straight forward as handing them to the runners up especially in the cup scenario. As every team knocked out by Rangers could say that they were cheated out of the cup. I think that they will strip Rangers of all trophies won and record the cup and championships as not awarded.

So when Dunfermline, East Stirling & Spartans were thrown out of the Cups over the past few years, did they go back through the rounds & give everybody through the tree a second chance?

No, the team directly affected were awarded the tie & progressed to the next round.

Saying that, a date in a programme will never make up for being robbed of a weekend of celebration.

Edited by kiddy

Plenty of fans are thick, hypocritical and utterly unrealistic - the clubs are quite right to spell out the situation in black and white.

The clubs could put it all down in black and white so we can work it out for ourselves rather than constantly babbling on about how bad it will be, questions like what exactly is your net gain from a home match against Rangers compared to the average could be answered, turnover means fcuk all, profit/loss means everything.

Edited by ayrmad

Everyone, mainly the WoS press, are just forgetting what they've been caught doing.

1. Avoiding, even as far as evading, paying tax via an offshore trust system.

2. In doing so, not registering ALL player contracts with the SFA (which, quid pro quo, would lead HMRC to think that this was taxable income).

3. By doing so, have stiffed some 13 clubs,for 37 trophies, over the 23 years since SDM's arrival at Ibrox. For some of them, it would have been a first EVER piece of silverware & the resultant cash rewards unthinkable. They even forced one of them to the wall, by virtue of a £30k debt, remarking "Business is business".

ALL of the above, has resulted in NO PUNISHMENT WHATSOEVER.

4. Not paying their (or their employees) PAYE & NI contributions.

5. Not declaring that their Chairman & owner was disqualified from holding a directors post for a period of seven years.

6. Witholding payments to fellow member clubs, with respect to ticket sales for both League & Cup matches.

7. Going into administration mid-season, & ultimately liquidation, so writing off debts of circa £135M. Passing off the major assets at a peppercorn rate, whilst leaving creditors with zero pence in the pound.

For these "misdemeanours" they were hit with a 10 point penalty, an SPL TRANSFER EMBARGO, a fine of £160k which has still to be paid & an SFA transfer embargo that was overturned at the CoS. So in effect, the 10 point deduction is all they've had.

Then they want everyone to bend over backwards to let them back in? Exactly what planet do they think people live on?

They should be suspended SINE DIE for those efforts. Irrespective of TV money or not.

They should think themselves lucky if they get away with a years suspension & have to apply to the SFL to regain admittance, in competition with other more desirable applicants.

Whilst the idiots that lap up everything the Glasgow Red Tops pump out. Probably think Contrition was their next Portuguese target, that played in Ukraine last night.

As usual with rangers or the rangers or whatever they call themselves these days they want to have their cake and eat it.

We are told the punishments for crimes committed by Rangers "1872 version" shouldnt apply as they are now a new entity. A new entity according to their support that should get to start again at the top of scottish football and have all its history in place.

So basically they want to keep all the good things about 1872 gers but avoid the bad points. Same old gers then

I can see a pattern emerging.

1. The two parties in Greece who lied about their finances and fiddled the books will be back running the country tomorrow.

2. The Egyptian military who promised to back the revolution and have jailed Mubarak for life, have abolished parliament and have claimed a veto over any decisions by the new President, probably a stooge.

3. The Oldco Rangers will get to vote on allowing Newco(rpse) into the SPL.

Is this the End of Days?

This will happen across the board in Scotland. St Mirren have said they will lose £500,000 pa without Rangers...Well they will certainly be slashing the wage bill and any decent offer for players like Kenny McLean will have to be considered.

I keep hearing Scottish football has hit rock bottom. TBH i think we are nowhere near rock bottom. Every SPL club losing £500,000 pa and celtic double that every year for the next 3 years. Is this the price we are willing to pay for sporting integrity? I am certainly prepared for it as it is a fit and proper punishment for what my club did..I feel for the other clubs as they will suffer as well but at least they have a choice. I cant understand why supporters of other clubs are not looking to keep The Rangers in the SPL with heavy sanctions...They get to mock us...They get the money we generate and they get to make sure we wont be competitive for X years.

Aside from the fact you shouldn't sell integrity, there's a strong case that keeping a crippled Rangers in the league won't make much money either. Rangers fans will, quite rightly, not pay extortionate prices at Easter Road, Fir Park etc to watch their side play friendlies (and I'm not even convinced they'll bother with season tickets) so that's that income gone and Sky will almost certainly demand to renegotiate the contract given the product has become a procession. And a procession which may even have the 'crown jewels' of the OF games devalued if Rangers fans aren't turning up.

If Rangers are stripped of cups and titles I don't think it is as straight forward as handing them to the runners up especially in the cup scenario. As every team knocked out by Rangers could say that they were cheated out of the cup. I think that they will strip Rangers of all trophies won and record the cup and championships as not awarded.

I wouldn't want St Mirren to be awarded the 2010 League Cup, even if it was proved the Rangers team that day had been offered £100,000 a man in a brown envelope and a ride at Kylie Minogue in the Hilton later that night as their win bonus.

I just want to forget about it. Forever.

They won't...they just want to be able to cover themselves and say 'we told you the implications' when we have to sell Randolph/Hutchinson on the cheap to balance the books. Motherwell will vote no - anything else will f**k us overnight much more than a one season shortfall.

Aye they will, I have said from day one we will vote Rangers back in, theres no balls on our board.

Because cheating b*****ds need to be punished not sanctioned, we can all mock you on the way back up..

For last season alone 0 points merited relegation.

I can see a pattern emerging.

1. The two parties in Greece who lied about their finances and fiddled the books will be back running the country tomorrow.

2. The Egyptian military who promised to back the revolution and have jailed Mubarak for life, have abolished parliament and have claimed a veto over any decisions by the new President, probably a stooge.

3. The Oldco Rangers will get to vote on allowing Newco(rpse) into the SPL.

Is this the End of Days?

If the SPL had any balls they'd expel Oldco immediately for gross misconduct. No vote and nothing to transfer!

Edited by Jim Leighton

The clubs could put it all down in black and white so we can work it out for ourselves rather than constantly babbling on about how bad it will be, questions like what exactly is your net gain from a home match against Rangers compared to the average, turnover means fcuk all, profit/loss means everything.

Not unreasonable but as much as losing Rangers fans is bad financially, it's far from fatal. It's the television deal which is the defining factor of how much shit hits the fan and until we know how much sky will cough up and what the potential rearrangement of the prize money will be, it's best guess time. Or rather worst guess time since regardless of the final number it certainly won't be pretty.

I thought a club applying to join the SPL or SFL had to have 3 years of accounts. Newco certainly don't, and Oldco didn't give a f*ck

about irrelevant accountancy. 3 years in the wilderness, at least, would be a more fitting punishment for the multitude of crimes committed.

The incompitance and corruption of many in the SFA and SPL seemingly knows no bounds.

3 years accounts = 4 years in wilderness

Their first a/c's due Dec 2013.....

It's being suggested that a 'NO' vote will render clubs liable to financial pain

and therefore weakened teams.

That will be more or less the same for all clubs,

thus leaving a level playing field.

The exception, of course, is Celtic. But surely they are odds on to win the league next season

no matter what the outcome?

Vote NO.

sorry, just hate having to correct a fellow arab , but they are not in liquidation just yet, they are still in administration and will be for about 6-8 weeks ph34r.gif

Noted. But the end game is just the same.