Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I understand that in a country with two disproportionally large clubs, losing one of them causes a financial hole that needs plugged. I get that, I accept that, I understand it.

I also understand that on Feb 14, and in the initial period following Feb 14, there was a will within the boardrooms of all SPL clubs to fervently hope that Rangers would come through their problems and that they could emerge under new ownership with debts re-structured.

What I cannot understand is that those chairmen can possibly even contemplate voting to accept Sevco XI in the SPL - not after the initial period following Feb 14 has receeded from memory. Not after Jardine marching to Hampden. Not after Sally's plea for transparency. Not after taking the SFA to court. Not after one asset stripper after another came out the woodwork. Not after being liquidated and Sir Walter of Cardigan appearing in a puff of smoke. Not after their new owner talked about making signings while creditors are owed millions. Not while some SPL member clubs are owed money. Finally... not after the SPL announced they have found that Rangers have a prima facie case to answer in respect of illegal double contracts....

Seriously, if the other SPL chairmen vote to allow this Sevco XI into the SPL - they should hang their heads in shame. Complete and utter shame.

post-39012-0-87824200-1340048012_thumb.j

duly greenied for that post mate wink.gif

EBT's, transfer bans, dual contracts, tax cases- all these investigations should be ceased, because the perpetrators are no more.

Disagree. They still exist, they're just in liquidation. So a) they can have their membership share stripped (what then, Newco?) and b) the people involved should still be investigated and, if neccessary, banned from involvement in Scottish football.

There are also general lessons to be learned. How do we prevent this happening again and, if we can't, how do we ensure that the appropriate SPL rules are fit-for-purpose?

Can you tell me what they will learn from the supporters forum that they don't already know?

The supporters forums (at Motherwell and everywhere else) are more about the clubs telling the fans the implications than the other way around. It's one thing the fans saying they'd accept short-term pain, the reality is fans are fickle and will moan like bitches as soon as something happens they don't like. If Motherwell, for example, put it in black and white that we have to sell our two best players half-price to urgently fund this season's shortfall and we won't even consider renewing the contracts of the seven or eight first teamers who can leave next summer, they can then point out they told everyone this was the price of integrity.

Eh? When did that happen? I've heard about "a prima facie case to answer"....

Anyway, most folk on here believe it's a different club now. 8)

It is a different club, that's why they're not currently in any league.

For me Newco has nowt to do with punishment and everything to do with the best future for Scotttish football, The Rangers in the SPL don't figure in any scenario I regard as of any benefit to Scottish football, we're not all thick enough to believe Traynor's doomsday scenario.

In a 10 year business plan The Rangers in the SPL next season is the worst possible outcome, unfortunately the diddy chairmen can't see past a 1 year business plan.

Guest Kincardine

Can you tell me what they will learn from the supporters forum that they don't already know?

Really this isn't the point. You said that Motherwell said they'd be voting 'yes'. Nothing in their statement said that at all. It simply sketched the difficulties they have to make a decision.

Perfectly reasonable view.

The supporters forums (at Motherwell and everywhere else) are more about the clubs telling the fans the implications than the other way around. It's one thing the fans saying they'd accept short-term pain, the reality is fans are fickle and will moan like bitches as soon as something happens they don't like. If Motherwell, for example, put it in black and white that we have to sell our two best players half-price to urgently fund this season's shortfall and we won't even consider renewing the contracts of the seven or eight first teamers who can leave next summer, they can then point out they told everyone this was the price of integrity.

That assumes we're all thick.

The consequences of The Rangers being in the SPL might mean you'll never again afford players of similar quality to the 8 or 9 that would need to leave.

Edited by ayrmad

If anyone reading this from rangers media is in the "division 3 for me" camp, I'd have a good look at the thread on the div 3 forum. There's a poll on there where 10.97% is on favour of you having the opportunity to spread your wealth, "love" or whatever else it is you spread down there. Well done

I didn't think the Motherwell statement said anything other than what we all know. The door is open either way. That's bad enough.

Edit- but at least they've said it!

Edited by Fife Saint

You know some people should be barred from posting in this thread.

Of course Rangers F.C. still exist, not in a pleasant state but are alive and still in administration. The company who holds the SFA membership and owns the SPL share don't have any other assets but it doesn't mean they are dead. We are in the process of Sevco trying to extract assets from Rangers PLC and seeking permission of the relevant authorities to move non-transferable assets.

Yes, I agree, anyone who posts with a superior air should be banned due to c*ntiness.

If Rangers FC still exist, then they are effectively being transferred to a new owner in the same was as if I bought Dundee United or you bought Motherwell. If either of those situations occurred, we would still be liable for any SFA/SPL/UEFA punishments which were put in place under the previous owners - if the share transfer goes through, Rangers FC are effectively going to be allowed to escape any punishment, which wouldn't be the case for any other club (well maybe their pals from the east end). Or at least that is what they are arguing, since they are a new company.

They are effectively arguing that the company and the club are totally separate. If that is the case, why don't you see clubs worldwide following that model? Are players owned by the club or the company? Which pays the wages? Would that not open even more cans of worms?

So a simple question - is Rangers FC simply an asset currently owned by Rangers plc or Sevco, or is (was) it a trading name of Rangers plc? If it is the latter, then Rangers FC is effectively dead (yes, they are currently in administration, but there is now no way out other than liquidation). If the former, then that has the potential to be a clusterf*ck of epic proportions.

You also raised the point of transferring non-transferable assets. I haven't seen anyone describe the share as such before, but surely if it is a non-transferable asset, there is no point asking for it to be transferred?

It is a different club, that's why they're not currently in any league.

For me Newco has nowt to do with punishment and everything to do with the best future for Scotttish football, The Rangers in the SPL don't figure in any scenario I regard as of any benefit to Scottish football, we're not all thick enough to believe Traynor's doomsday scenario.

In a 10 year business plan The Rangers in the SPL next season is the worst possible outcome, unfortunately the diddy chairmen can't see past a 1 year business plan.

It would be interesting to know just how many old co fans turn up, wherever they get to play.

BTW, I know your new manager is at 6 and 7s cause he doesn't know for sure yet where Ayr will be playing.

A squad to build, etc. Not easy for anybody just now.

Disagree. They still exist, they're just in liquidation. So a) they can have their membership share stripped (what then, Newco?) and b) the people involved should still be investigated and, if neccessary, banned from involvement in Scottish football.

There are also general lessons to be learned. How do we prevent this happening again and, if we can't, how do we ensure that the appropriate SPL rules are fit-for-purpose?

sorry, just hate having to correct a fellow arab , but they are not in liquidation just yet, they are still in administration and will be for about 6-8 weeks ph34r.gif

Ah well, while a little bored and trying to let it all sink in, I have reworked one of the songs that Club 12 no longer need if they are to disassociate themselves from previous blots on the landscape.....join in if you know the tune

"Goodbye, Goodbye, you silly Billy boys

Don't cry, don't cry, it's hardly worth the noise

Up to your knees in EBT's but then the Rainjurs died

The diddys all sing and dance with joy......

I'll be just a little proud if I hear that on the radio from the opposition fans, regardless of which league or which club plays against The Greens Eleven on the opening day of the season.....ok, so I'm no Burt Bacharach but Planes and Boats and Trains aren't something that will be needed with a 3 year Euro ban being the least of their worries at the moment......

If Rangers are stripped of cups and titles I don't think it is as straight forward as handing them to the runners up especially in the cup scenario. As every team knocked out by Rangers could say that they were cheated out of the cup. I think that they will strip Rangers of all trophies won and record the cup and championships as not awarded.

STV Sport@STVSport Rangers newco vote: The SPL powerbrokers in their own wordshttp://bit.ly/NHqLFX

Expand

I thought a club applying to join the SPL or SFL had to have 3 years of accounts. Newco certainly don't, and Oldco didn't give a f*ck

about irrelevant accountancy. 3 years in the wilderness, at least, would be a more fitting punishment for the multitude of crimes committed.

The incompitance and corruption of many in the SFA and SPL seemingly knows no bounds.

Of course it is and its the same phrase Motherwell are using, they should be voting for thegood of the game not their own selfish interest.

Yep. They don't appear to have the noodle to realise that without the bigot brothers they can satisfy both interests. They will never have another chance like this to get rid of one of them.

Thats all we diddies I should add!

Edited by 7-2

That assumes we're all thick.

The consequences of The Rangers being in the SPL might mean you'll never again afford players of similar quality to the 8 or 9 that would need to leave.

Plenty of fans are thick, hypocritical and utterly unrealistic - the clubs are quite right to spell out the situation in black and white.

It would be interesting to know just how many old co fans turn up, wherever they get to play.

BTW, I know your new manager is at 6 and 7s cause he doesn't know for sure yet where Ayr will be playing.

A squad to build, etc. Not easy for anybody just now.

Marko will be fine, I'm sure he'll be afforded a decent honeymoon period.

If anyone reading this from rangers media is in the "division 3 for me" camp, I'd have a good look at the thread on the div 3 forum. There's a poll on there where 10.97% is on favour of you having the opportunity to spread your wealth, "love" or whatever else it is you spread down there. Well done

Should Sevco FC gain rapid promotion through the division from 3rd to SPL. A possible 5 clubs (that's 1/8th of the senior football membership) will see no financial gain whatsoever.

That's forby anything they deny clubs who would under normal circumstances either win a Championship or be promoted.

It's bad enough the dead club having stiffed 13 clubs, for 37 trophies, over 23 years. Now 'the' Devil Incarnate want to start their tenure by carrying on where the old one left off with the smaller clubs!'