Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Guest Kincardine

It mentions that they have been inundated with supporters opposed to letting them in then goes on for about ten paragraphs explaining why they will be voting yes. If they indeed have long-term interests then how will they achieve them when supporters turn their backs on the club?

Except they didn't say they'd vote 'yes'.

They said, "Motherwell FC are in the process of arranging a forum to discuss the issue with supporters of the club. Following that meeting, the board will meet and agree the club's position and ultimately how we will vote if the meeting takes place as planned."

How on earth is that a yes? What is unreasonable about that?

Can someone explain this to me? Ok so they've been found to have been guilty of cheating within Scottish football, surely that means they also had an unfair advantage in any European games too?

Wouldn't that make UEFA or FIFA step in and the sanctions would be "nuclear"?

Just wondered?

27 August 2003 FC Copenhagen 1-2 Rangers-Christian Nerlinger sets up the winner to deprive FC Copenhagen of a Champions League Group place.

Alan Burrows, Motherwell's media guy, has this to say on Twitter:

@Alan_Burrows: Really busy day at Fir Park. The last was the board statement which appears, judging by feedback I’ve had, to have been picked up wrong.

@Alan_Burrows: The board haven’t yet seen any details in the Newco application and haven’t met to discuss it directly as a group (will after fan meeting)

@Alan_Burrows: They certainly aren’t buttering people up for a vote one way or another. They have said fan input will influence and I am certain it will.

@Alan_Burrows: Their release was an attempt to try and keep fans as up to date as possible and explain some of the issues they are currently weighing up.

@Alan_Burrows: I believe they are saying that if the agreed call is to be a 'no vote', then there is likely to be some short-term implications/pain...

@Alan_Burrows: And fans should be aware of these! I've said it before, it's such a shame in what should be one of our best summers ever, we're bogged down.

I will be somewhere between Inverarnan and Tyndrum and most likely out of communication, on day 3 of walking the West Highland Way.. Bollocks..:(

Wouldn't be surprised if you met a few SPL chairmen hiding in a bothy up there..

We are in a good position in that matter.

Several of the youth are ready to step up, but they can't sustain a full season at 17 and 18 years old.

And, wake the feck up. It's too late to cut player budgets. They are under contract that has to be honoured. Every team in the SPL/SFL is in the same boat.

Every team budgets for the season ahead while the previous season is still ongoing.

RFC has cause carnage for the finances of every team, with maybe the exception of Celtic.

BUT, if all teams can sustain a level of whatever quality, then the competition with out the cheats should be good.

Do me a favour and read all I say and don't just pick things out. Think about how it will pan out with or without them.

Every team budgets while the previous season is ongoing? I wish the Rangers situation hadn't just suddenly appeared after the season end! If only there had been warning signs in, say, February...

Edited by Wee Bully

Can someone explain this to me? Ok so they've been found to have been guilty of cheating within Scottish football, surely that means they also had an unfair advantage in any European games too?

Wouldn't that make UEFA or FIFA step in and the sanctions would be "nuclear"?

Just wondered?

Eh? When did that happen? I've heard about "a prima facie case to answer"....

Anyway, most folk on here believe it's a different club now. 8)

Alan Burrows, Motherwell's media guy, has this to say on Twitter:

@Alan_Burrows: Really busy day at Fir Park. The last was the board statement which appears, judging by feedback I've had, to have been picked up wrong.

@Alan_Burrows: The board haven't yet seen any details in the Newco application and haven't met to discuss it directly as a group (will after fan meeting)

@Alan_Burrows: They certainly aren't buttering people up for a vote one way or another. They have said fan input will influence and I am certain it will.

@Alan_Burrows: Their release was an attempt to try and keep fans as up to date as possible and explain some of the issues they are currently weighing up.

@Alan_Burrows: I believe they are saying that if the agreed call is to be a 'no vote', then there is likely to be some short-term implications/pain...

@Alan_Burrows: And fans should be aware of these! I've said it before, it's such a shame in what should be one of our best summers ever, we're bogged down.

this x100

Can you tell me what they will learn from the supporters forum that they don't already know?

I think it's more to let the supporters know the detailed consequences of saying no. If they know it by then.

Eh? When did that happen? I've heard about "a prima facie case to answer"....

Anyway, most folk on here believe it's a different club now. 8)

Since you like Latin, here is another 2 words for you....

Sine die :D

On holiday in Portsmouth and took great pleasure in telling the staff of JJB sports that Rangers FC no longer exist and that ther massive stock of items are now defunct. The look on their faces was great, they new F all about it.

Thinking of starting a Never Rangers blog to see if I can collect money to kill them off. Hoping that some jobsworth will stop me taking photos of something so that I can ride a wave of indignation...

do it with school lunches imo

I have to say that I am having totally mixed feelings at the moment as to what shall happen.

I have had the feeling over last couple of days that quite a few journalists and sections of the media are starting to realise that Rangers (or whatever guise they wish to pretend they inhabit) are just too toxic and poisoned to allow to escape any form of sanction. Guys like Jim Spence are obviously outwith the west coast cartel and have fairly reflected the strength of feeling among supporters to see Rangers dealt with appropriately.

But even Michael Grant in the Herald today wrote about how people are sick of Rangers moaning without saying "sorry" and recognised that there have been NO punishments so far other than a 10 points deduction for going into administration - and even that was meaningless as they still finished second!

I was just beginning to hope that the tide was turning in the media, that some journalists were recognising that fans of other clubs WILL walk away if the Newco is admitted to the SPL, if they aren't made to start at the bottom tier (the 1st division option is a joke btw - why should they be allowed in ahead of other SFL clubs?) and that there was recognition that the Sky threats were just scaremongering.

However, all this has been tempered somewhat with the feeling that SPL chairman will now bottle it and ignore the wishes of their fans. I think the Motherwell statement is setting their supporters up for a yes vote and trying to justify it in advance.

This is just my thoughts at the moment on the situation and of course, I could be misreading both aspects!

All the talk seems to be about whether the Newco will take on responsibility of the Oldco's wrongdoings...

Simple answer is that the SFA/SPL/SFL or whoever tells the Newco that they have to accept responsibility for the Oldco's previous actions or they aren't allowed to join either league or the SFA!

It seems to me that if the Newco feel they have no right to bear the responsibility for the actions of their previous sporting incarnation then they have no right to membership of the senior Scottish leagues or even the SFA.

It's as simple as that (or at least it should be)!

So, it looks as though titles will be stripped from the club formerly known as Rangers. Will Falkirk be awarded the 2009 Scottish Cup? Will QoS be given the same the year before? Will Ayr utd be awarded the 2002 diddy cup?

One things for sure. This definately happened - irrespective of all the cheating.

84500-gordon-dalziel-scott-thomson-and-stevie-crawford-celebrate-beating-celtic-in-the-1994-final.jpg

Edited by p&b is a disgrace