Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

True, but I dont see that is relevant, if the share is transferred. Again, it comes down to separating the football entity from the legal company that "owns" it. They are treated as one and the same - hence the disrepute charges for Whytes conduct - but they are, actually, seperate. Hence why a football share can be transferred from one company to another. If the share is transferred then I would argue that the footballing liabilities very much do transfer too.

In normal circumstances I would be in utter agreement but Rangers took the SFA to court in order to circumvent normal football rules and won therefore it could and very probably would be done again, the law of the land now oversees the sport in Scotland. Legally speaking the SFA and SPL cannot take any action against a new company who has done nothing wrong, yes the share and the membership could be transferred but the new company do not accept the liabilities or achievements of the old company.

The club and company are the same entity in law regardless of what the Green propaganda machine is fooling the former Rangers fans with. The membership would not be transferring the old club along with it, it is a case of the new company acquiring the old company's right to membership of an association. The SPL share being transferred is just a case of a new entity acquiring the ownership of one share in another company from a soon to be liquidated entity.

I understand where you are coming from in a sporting sense but we are no longer playing under sporting rules we are playing under the law.

ETA Sporting rules are gentlemen's agreements, if we were dealing with gentlemen then your points would be valid.

Edited by stonedsailor

Where could it be interpreted that the expelled side become the relegate side? The rule about members "ceasing to play" could be interpreted that Dunfermline would stay up, but that rule is obviously intended to be applied during a season. The last season has already ended and the rules are quite clear that team at the bottom of the league at the end of the season, is relegated.

I know it hasnt been officially confirmed, but it has been pretty widely reported that Dundee would go up if there was no Rangers 2.0 in the SPL.

I wish I'd cut and pasted when I read between the two SPL documents as so much to read in them.

I'm sure the SPL chairmen knew of this reply from the help centre. If not they should be made aware of it.

Very interesting

Dosnt say they won't want to renegotiate but they clearly do STILL have a commitment to spl post rangers

#notonewco

Facebook page "SPL Protest" detailing a march to Hampden on 30th June to protest against Rangers being allowed back into SPL.

Anybody got any more details?.

In Walter we trust

okay, we'll agree to disagree on a few points but that's us pals again.

this loophole should have been closed, so hope 'rangers' can't do the same - a club of such former stature and integrity wouldn't, do that, would they ?

Your guess is as good as mine m8,with what Rangers have been doing for the last 20 years,and especially in the last few months i guess anything is possible.

Im not sure we should read too much into a posting on their forum by a "Sky advisor". Theyre unlikely to be involved, or have any knowledge, of contractual negotiations.

Multiple sky advisors have said the deal's going to carry on next year, with certainty. It would be a common question I'm sure, and I'd be very surprised if they hadn't been given an answer from on high.

hmmm.....was around the same time....but I can assure you that the STT group discussed going down this route and were unanimous against such a move.

STT would have started a new club ,along similar lines to what Clydebank did., and would not have tried to put another club out of business.

Ask the usual suspects who will confirm this.

Not doubting you at all.

The STT group may well have discussed taking over another club and correctly decided against this (Hitler was going to sell us to Kilwinning Rangers at one point).

Just read your post as implying Clydebank were discussed, but maybe you meant "a situation was discussed which ended up happening at Clydebank".

This might be Airdries Karma if the rumours are true.

Is it a rumour though or just speculation based on Airdrie's vulnerable business model and Chairmans support history, is there anything to suggest that any other club has been sounded out, other than the "rumour" about St Mirrens ex director.

Nothing would surprise me, but JB apparently vebally denied it would ever happen to supporters.

Not sure if this has been posted but the SFL's Longmuir is positioning a route for Newco to drop in to Division 1 in return for a massive restructure of the Leagues. Fair exchange?

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23896636/

Ibrox could be hosting Division One matches next season if SLF shake-up is given the go-ahead

Bruce Foxton back to Stiff Little Fingers?

WTF has this to do with football?

The wacky wacky world of the Daily Retard

In normal circumstances I would be in utter agreement but Rangers took the SFA to court in order to circumvent normal football rules and won therefore it could and very probably would be done again, the law of the land now oversees the sport in Scotland. Legally speaking the SFA and SPL cannot take any action against a new company who has done nothing wrong, yes the share and the membership could be transferred but the new company do not accept the liabilities or achievements of the old company.

The club and company are the same entity in law regardless of what the Green propaganda machine is fooling the former Rangers fans with. The membership would not be transferring the old club along with it, it is a case of the new company acquiring the old company's right to membership of an association. The SPL share being transferred is just a case of a new entity acquiring the ownership of one share in another company from a soon to be liquidated entity.

I understand where you are coming from in a sporting sense but we are no longer playing under sporting rules we are playing under the law.

ETA Sporting rules are gentlemen's agreements, if we were dealing with gentlemen then your points would be valid.

I understand your point, but again, I think your applying the CoS outcome to a totally different scenario.

Rangers 1.0 didnt go to the CoS to challenge the rules of football, only that the rules that were there were not applied correctly. Lord Glennie was, similarly, clear that he was making no judgement on the SFA rules, only the tribunals application of them.

If the SPL and SFA apply, and stick to, there own rules when dealing with Rangers 2.0 and the transfers then there is no precedent to suggest Rangers 2.0 could go to court if they didnt like the outcome. As was discussed, at the time of the CoS hearing, its highly likely the CoS wouldnt want to get involved and its, equally, as likely that EUFA and FIFA would take a very serious interest. They only backed off last time because the legal challenge was against the application of the rules, rather than the rules themselves.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and find out

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23896636/

The Ibrox club may not have to start again in the bottom tier of the senior game if it is expelled from the SPL as Sky bosses fret over their absence for at least three years.

The broadcaster is willing to risk a 12 month "hit" as its new, £80million television deal prepares to kick in next season but has warned it cannot sustain its investment without Rangers.

Very interesting. Has the sub editor slipped up and let this one through or is it the Record finally realising the truth about Sky not walking away is in the public domain?

Multiple sky advisors have said the deal's going to carry on next year, with certainty. It would be a common question I'm sure, and I'd be very surprised if they hadn't been given an answer from on high.

I dont want to be pedantic about it, but what the one in that link says is "we have no plans to stop covering the Scottish Premier League."

Thats hardly a definitive statement.

I have no plans to stay off work on Monday, but if I won the lottery tonight, my plans might change

In Walter we trust

"On the FollowFollow website yesterday, fans suggested they should all wave their season book renewal forms in the air."

When the newco next comes to your ground remember to wave brown envelopes in the air.

Your guess is as good as mine m8,with what Rangers have been doing for the last 20 years,and especially in the last few months i guess anything is possible.

Not sure if this has been posted but the SFL's Longmuir is positioning a route for Newco to drop in to Division 1 in return for a massive restructure of the Leagues. Fair exchange?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/06/16/rangers-in-crisis-ibrox-club-could-be-offered-place-in-division-one-as-part-of-sfl-86908-23896636/

Source is the paper throwing its weight behind rangers So I'd be cautious in saying there's anything substantial.

The SPL decision over zombie is needed sooner rather than later if reconstruction is to be put in place.

July 2nd or 3rd is looking tight to get all that sorted out.

Is it a rumour though or just speculation based on Airdrie's vulnerable business model and Chairmans support history, is there anything to suggest that any other club has been sounded out, other than the "rumour" about St Mirrens ex director.

Nothing would surprise me, but JB apparently vebally denied it would ever happen to supporters.

Not to my knowledge,although Cowdenbeaths name was also thrown into the pot as a possibility.I agree it's just rumours,as this has been floating around Broomfield since the very early days of Rangers going into admin.

Having said that,i wouldn't be surprised if they do get knocked back getting into the league that they dont make a move on another club.

I dont want to be pedantic about it, but what the one in that link says is "we have no plans to stop covering the Scottish Premier League."

Thats hardly a definitive statement.

I have no plans to stay off work on Monday, but if I won the lottery tonight, my plans might change

You're quite right of course but there have been people much further up the food chain that have unofficially stated to reliable enough sources that Sky will still cover the SPL, but with a reduced fee, to be confident that'll be the case.

Its perfectly clear. Dunfermline have been relegated. End of

If Rangers 2.0 arent in the SPL then Dundee will be. Then the losing play off finalists from each division will also be promoted, leaving a vacancy in division 3. Unless something strange happens, like Rangers 2.0 being admitted to the SPL then relegated, although that would seem unlikely, if its even possible

There's nothing "perfectly clear" about that rules as far as I can see.

They say that if a team lose their share, then a ballot for the replacement. Dundee and Dunfermline (and Falkirk) all applied for the 2012/13 SPL, so presumably clubs would be balloted on their choice of the 3. Obviously Falkirk would have no real claim to the place, but both the others would.

Yes. All call centres issue staff memos on the official company line on current issues.

You can feel confident that this is the official line from sky