Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

But before they bought Clydebank, they were having to apply for a place in Div 3 and lost out to Gretna, so my question is why did Airdrie Utd have to apply and why could they not just transfer the league position like Rangers are trying to do?

To my knowledge they did try but they failed. That led to the purchase / piliging of Clydebank. Rangers having the league share transferred is not a certainty either and that process might fail to. At which point they would be in exactly the same position as Airdrie Utd in 2002.

Its been mentioned before but that May (hypothetically) mean Sevco look for another club to swallow up like Airdrie Utd did. A few pages back Airdrie themselves were presented as a potential option for a myriad of reasons. (nothing factual, but probably can't be totally ruled out all the same)

The Daily Record and Fatty Traynor are an absolute disgrace. Rather than apologising that they got the McCoist story wrong, they are now saying on their website that Fat Ally was ready to walk then changed his mind.

FOA Traynor. That. Means. You. Were. Wrong.

Way behind on the thread now. Was that Colin Jackson on STV who had white hair when he played? I remember thinking he looked about a hundred back then.

Anyway, feeling a bit down this morning. McColl will give Smith £12 - 15m to give to Green.

Everybody wets themselves over Sir Wattie, Rangers go straight back into SPL. No discernible punishments. Next team that goes anywhere near admin gets a huge punishment. I give up on football.

Not sure if answered in this behemoth of a thread, but does the rangers situation differ from the airdrie one? Will Rangers have to apply like they did to take a place in SPL or Div 3? im sure they would be voted in but is the percent already set for how Scottish Football deals with clubs who enter into Liquidation?

Airdrie bought another clubs league share, Sevco5088 (soon to be "The" Rangers) have applied for the old league share of Rangers 1872 (no "The")

There is no precedent set for this, there have however been mulitiple postponed meetings by the SPL to discuss / try and ignore the topic.

There is likely to be much posturing and general fannying about by the football authorities before Sevco5088 eventually end up in the SPL with a slapped wrist for the start of next season.

But before they bought Clydebank, they were having to apply for a place in Div 3 and lost out to Gretna, so my question is why did Airdrie Utd have to apply and why could they not just transfer the league position like Rangers are trying to do?

Rangers SPL share is in the name of the oldco and is not transferrable, when a team is relegated their share is sold back to the SPL and subsequently bought by the promoted team SFL membership is likewise 'transferred' under an arrangement with the SFL.

So the SPL will have to issue another share for sale until the oldco share is sold back to the SPL,

As Newco do not have membership of the SFL they will have to apply should a position become available due to a club leaving, this position will be open to application by any qualifying club and the SFL member clubs will have to vote on which club they wish to admit. Under the SFL articles this would be into the lowest division.

Newco must also apply for membership of the SFA as membership is again not transferrable and under their articles the club applying must have been accepted by a league organisation.

Airdrie bought Clydebank changing the club name, the SFL and SFA membership still remains under the name of Clydebank.

OK Newco will probably be rubberstamped into Scottish football, but the scenario could still be that they don't get into the SPL and the SFL vote in Spartans or any other club who wishes to apply for the SFL,but that is wishful thinking.

Of course the rangers fans and apologist press will not let the facts get in the way of their delusion that they are Scottish football and that the rest of us only their to make up the numbers.

The Daily Record and Fatty Traynor are an absolute disgrace. Rather than apologising that they got the McCoist story wrong, they are now saying on their website that Fat Ally was ready to walk then changed his mind.

As we all know it was a made up story to get Wattie into favour with the fans. The very fact that Wattie is saying in the Sun today that they will throw money into the club if they get control should alert the SPL/SFA/ etc etc, to hammer this lot with either expulsion or having to beg the SFL for entry into Div 3

Still trying to get my head around this.

Can anyone explain why the asset sale to Green was allowed to go ahead?

Shouldn't the liquidator have been selling off the assets to get as much as possible?

Was the sale rushed through after the rejection to prevent the liquidator doing their job?

Can the liquidator block the sale?

What is there left to liquidate?

If the sale is confirmed by BDO then will HMRC not get less from liquidation than from the CVA?

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

They knew it was wrong the minute it was published. That was to pressure Green and the administrators.

Should a national newspaper support a particular faction after the control of the zombie enterprise?

1339805574[/url]' post='6341181']

is that not the girl from motherwell who shagged her brother on CCTV?

They may have did it in a lift at Motherwell train station, but my town is taking no responsibility for that pair.. If I remember right they were from Lesmahagow, ie. banjo country at the arse end of South Lanarkshire.

They were probably overcome with such excitement from the wonder of being in such a thriving Metropolis for the day!

Still trying to get my head around this.

Can anyone explain why the asset sale to Green was allowed to go ahead?

Shouldn't the liquidator have been selling off the assets to get as much as possible?

Was the sale rushed through after the rejection to prevent the liquidator doing their job?

Can the liquidator block the sale?

What is there left to liquidate?

If the sale is confirmed by BDO then will HMRC not get less from liquidation than from the CVA?

This link should answer some of your questions.

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/rangers-insolvency-qa/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rangers-insolvency-qa

Not necessarily the answers you WANT to see, though.

At 1854 pagtes, this isn't a thread, it's a hawser.smile.gif

From that telegraph article

Malcolm Murray

“At the moment the biggest issue is what league we’ll play in. I’d much rather we were playing in the SPL.

“We’ve had giant punishments already – a European ban, a 10-point deduction, the emotional trauma everyone has suffered. I think, for the good of Scottish football, it’s much better Rangers in the SPL.”

:unsure::lol::unsure:

GIANT PUNiSHMENTS?

Naw - European ban? No suitable company accounts for the oldco, the Newco even if admiitted don't meet UEFA criteria

10 point deduction to the oldco

If Malcolm Murray says 'we' in respect of the oldco then his Zombie Rangers are a direct extension from the 1899 Rangers and should cop every punishment available and that should be expulsion from Scottish football

He can tell us how F**king Giant that is!

From that telegraph article

Malcolm Murray

“At the moment the biggest issue is what league we’ll play in. I’d much rather we were playing in the SPL.

“We’ve had giant punishments already – a European ban, a 10-point deduction, the emotional trauma everyone has suffered. I think, for the good of Scottish football, it’s much better Rangers in the SPL.”

:unsure::lol::unsure:

GIANT PUNiSHMENTS?

Naw - European ban? No suitable company accounts for the oldco, the Newco even if admiitted don't meet UEFA criteria

10 point deduction to the oldco

If Malcolm Murray says 'we' in respect of the oldco then his Zombie Rangers are a direct extension from the 1899 Rangers and should cop every punishment available and that should be expulsion from Scottish football

He can tell us how F**king Giant that is!

It's a good point though ,I think weve all forgot about the emotional trauma Rangers have suffered , I think they should start in the SPL next season with a 10 point start.

It's a good point though ,I think weve all forgot about the emotional trauma Rangers have suffered , I think they should start in the SPL next season with a 10 point start.

Pish. He's got it the wrong way round. You have to have been emotionally traumatised to become a h*n.

They knew it was wrong the minute it was published. That was to pressure Green and the administrators.

Should a national newspaper support a particular faction after the control of the zombie enterprise?

They knew "Before" it was published, it was made up..on the front page of the biggest selling paper in Scotland as well!

I see that yet another extension for audited accounts has passed, I take it it will just be extended again :D

1339798828[/url]' post='6340923']

Spot on Jimbo, sorry, out of greenies. 10 yrs ago we were averaging near 9k. If he votes YES to newco the gates will half again. Guaranteed. If he votes NO the gates will increase - it should be an easy decision for him.

Maybe they won't half.. Maybe they'll double again.. Maybe he reckons there is still a chance that Rangers will properly bite the dust, and he's making sure that Killie are seen as the one club who backed them fully and openly.

Once the rest of the SPL and then the SFL tell them to get to f**k, Rugby Park might seem like the sensible place for many an orc to spend his afternoon. After all they almost sing the right song already, just in need of a word or two changed.

I feel sorry for the Killie fans.

They are not asking for that, they just want fairness..so it's SPL and a 5 point start, oh aye, drop any investigations into years of "misunderstandings"