Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I have been giving this a little thought this morning. It stinks to high heaven. I know it stinks and everybody knows it has been a stitch up. I am not proud to support this club right now. I'll go further i am actually ashamed at what has gone on there. I am disgusted that the people at the top of the club got away with it for so long.

Firstly it is just plain wrong to be able to walk away from the amount of debt Rangers have. I understand this happens in the business world but it doesn't make it any more palatable.

I have wondered for a while why would Craig Whyte simply run the club into the ground? What was his plan? Murray hands the club to Whyte...Whyte does the dirty work..He calls in the Administrators he wants...they then keep it out of Paul Murrays hands and give it over to Charles Green...He looks like deliberately making 100% his CVA is rejected and buys the assets back for £5.5 million. Then onto the scene comes Walter Smith, Jim McColl and Douglas Park who will buy the club back for under £10 million totally debt free.

This morning i should be jumping for joy. The Real Rangers men the whole support wanted right from the start look like getting control of the club. It looks like we will be in better financial state than we have been in years but it is a hollow victory. It looks to me that those running the club have lied and cheated just about everybody including their own support and it leaves me feeling sick.....Or maybe that is the hang over i have!! :(

You do know that you've still got time to visit 10000 hours, to support your local team....

Just catching up here - had to skip about 15 or so late night / early morning pages - and watched last night's STV show plus listened to the Sportsound programme.

What an odious jerk-off the Michael Kelly is! All that is wrong with the Scottish Game is captured in his 'who wants to go to Brechin or Dumfries?' soundbite.

Actually there is a lot more wrong with Scottish football, but most of that is centred on Govan.

Any humility or contrition from the Daily Record this morning following the Ally McCoist story?

Any acknowledgement they'd been used by 'Team Walter'?

Or are they, as I expect, lauding the return of the Messiah and wholly complicit in the whole sorry mess?

Roddy Forsyth was an interesting listen on 5 Live last night.

Edited: Holy f**k I've just looked online. The latest from Traynor:

Walter Smith: I heard mate crying because he feared for Rangers' future and I knew he had to act

(I'm not sure that even makes sense?)

Edited by Kitty_Boy

ESPN UK is a dead channel, the loss of the EPL rights the other day means they are fecked.

pish imo

only (?) channel showing live german,dutch & italian games in the uk

german league im sure i read someone say at some point last season is the most watched which would suggest good viewing figures in countries which show it

The gall of Walter Smith is breathtaking from a neutral point of view. Where was he for all those months RFC was in desperate need of a buyer.? Where was he when RFC needed just an extra million or so to push through a half decent CVA to save Rangers history.? (now defunct with newco). He now comes out the shadows with a management team ready to take over and a guy worth an estimated 800 million as a backer.

He allowed Rangers to die and is now trying to 'unite' the faithful behind his banner. At least Green was there to take all the flack, at least attempt a CVA, in short at least Green tried to save the club. Walter Smith thinks he can then stroll in when all the hard work is done, when all the shit has been flying about re SDM, Whyte and the 3 monkeys Rangers Board. Where was Walter Smith when Rangers were on their knees..?? I smell shite..!! mad.gif

agree 100% - now Sir Walter thinks Rangers F.C. can be somehow be resurrected - what a plonker.

last time that happened was 2000 yars ago (allegedly), unless maybe this the second coming

yer clubs dead Wattie, ye can keep yer history, but certainly not with any Newco club

get over it !

If they've lost the EPL games, they should now try and get Ligue 1 games back. Then the channel would be perfect.

I watch ESPN's football coverage more than I watch Sky's, would be a disaster if they went tits up.

This was posted on Follow Follow a couple a days ago..The response by the FF faithful was 3 or 4 pages of outrage from the hard done by Rangers supporters.....

A wee bit humility from our support and from those that are speaking on behalf of the club might have gone a long way. Why would any SPL Chairman vote us back in after the online support have repeatedly called for botcotts of all SPL clubs? What would be in it for them? People on here actually believe these clubs will allow us to beam back their home league games so we can all toddle along to Ibrox to watch on the big screens(which we haven't paid for) and give them nothing in return!! They think these clubs will send their U19s along to entertain us on the days our first XI are away from home so we have something to do while we boycott their clubs. Time to get real!!

Reading here and other Rangers forums you would honestly think it was the tax mans fault we are where we are. Rangers will be liquidated tomorrow and there are a few people at fault in this whole sorry saga but wee Hector is not one of them. Sir David Murray for selling the club to that Shyster Whyte. Whyte himself for running the club into the ground whilst not paying any outside contractors and robbing the employees PAYE and NI contributions. The ones who seem to be escaping everybodies wrath are those on the board and employed by Rangers who sat on their hands and said nothing. I knew well into last year that Whyte hadn't paid anybody. If i knew then it is unthinkable those in the background at Ibrox didn't know.

I can understand the supports anger..I was in fucking tears yesterday at what those b*****ds have done to our club. I'll never forget and i will certainly never forgive. But as a support it is time for cool heads and time to take stock of what is actually happening here. It is time to stop looking for conspiracies that don't exist. It is time to point the finger of blame at those who are ultimately responsible.

Yes We Are Rangers. Yes We Are The People...But for how much longer? You carry on fighting the authorities and antagonising every club owner in the country and they will finish us. Make no mistake about it. We have never been in such a vulnerable state in my 40 odd years of follow following.

AND YOU ALL WANTED MCCOIST SACKED IN EARLY FEB

Loved Green talking about The Rangers only playing exhibition matches. I think they'd have trouble with that too without an SFA licence?

see i think that would ben quite petty tbh, if they are so desperate that the show must go on without any league to play in let them they wont cover costs anyways

Is anyone else starting to warm to Charles Green now after yesterday? biggrin.gif

I hope he gives Smith and co a good battle and wont bow to pressure to sell it on the cheap.

actually quiet liked the clips from his interview, spoke some sense , rubbished the record (wink.gif), told smith he wont sell his shares because he is "poor" & then played (for him) a good card in saying other directors would possibly consider selling and he would welcome walter smith aboard, called himself an idiot.

I have been giving this a little thought this morning. It stinks to high heaven. I know it stinks and everybody knows it has been a stitch up. I am not proud to support this club right now. I'll go further i am actually ashamed at what has gone on there. I am disgusted that the people at the top of the club got away with it for so long.

Firstly it is just plain wrong to be able to walk away from the amount of debt Rangers have. I understand this happens in the business world but it doesn't make it any more palatable.

I have wondered for a while why would Craig Whyte simply run the club into the ground? What was his plan? Murray hands the club to Whyte...Whyte does the dirty work..He calls in the Administrators he wants...they then keep it out of Paul Murrays hands and give it over to Charles Green...He looks like deliberately making 100% his CVA is rejected and buys the assets back for £5.5 million. Then onto the scene comes Walter Smith, Jim McColl and Douglas Park who will buy the club back for under £10 million totally debt free.

This morning i should be jumping for joy. The Real Rangers men the whole support wanted right from the start look like getting control of the club. It looks like we will be in better financial state than we have been in years but it is a hollow victory. It looks to me that those running the club have lied and cheated just about everybody including their own support and it leaves me feeling sick.....Or maybe that is the hang over i have!! :(

Having finally seen what the rest of us have known all long, that Rangers are a vile disgusting, organisation corrupt to the core, can we take it that a fine, upstanding individual such as yourself will from this moment on stop supporting Rangers?

Any humility or contrition from the Daily Record this morning following the Ally McCoist story?

Any acknowledgement they'd been used by 'Team Walter'?

Or are they, as I expect, lauding the return of the Messiah and wholly complicit in the whole sorry mess?

Roddy Forsyth was an interesting listen on 5 Live last night.

Edited: Holy f**k I've just looked online. The latest from Traynor:

Walter Smith: I heard mate crying because he feared for Rangers' future and I knew he had to act

(I'm not sure that even makes sense?)

Best laugh i had last night was the guy on STV saying "It's like a daith, ah've no' slepp in three month."

...and Albania, Armenia, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Eire, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Norway, Poland, Spain, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine.

a majority of whom had splits of some kind before Scotland did. First was Albania in 1940s.

Croatia have always had a Split.

Ah thiis brings me back. It wasn't Aberdeen who broke the rules, it was Falkirk.

How did we break the rules exactly?

We never got up and the chance too.

Anyway it was over a decade ago and should be past talking about.

Same as 2003 and the Motherwell v Falkirk vote.

Is anyone else starting to warm to Charles Green now after yesterday? biggrin.gif

I hope he gives Smith and co a good battle and wont bow to pressure to sell it on the cheap.

All Chazza has to keep repeating is here's the price, pay it and its yours.

Given 1 of the consortium has off the scale wealth, it shouldn't be a problem.

Calderwood can do one. Its so ironic that a bluenose like him probably managed Aberdeen's most successful era against Rangers, we used to pap them all the time at Todders when he was in charge! :lol:

How did we break the rules exactly?

We never got up and the chance too.

Anyway it was over a decade ago and should be past talking about.

Same as 2003 and the Motherwell v Falkirk vote.

Alright then. Didn't comply with the Stadium rules of the Premier League at that time.