Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Indeed, there may be a battle but points 2 & 3 may not be valid. D&P have sold the business and assets to Green as per 'binding agreement'. Unless that sale is challenged then 2) there can be no more money and 3) Green was the only, therefore highest, bidder. It is now a fight over a existing, trading and solvent company

but is it an existing, trading solvent company? has anyone actually heard from any players now agreed and signed to this new company they are new but dont have any money coming in yet so are they even able to pay the existing footballing and non footballing staff that have agreed to go with them. gets more murky by the day. davis for example is on about 25k per week come the 14th of july will they honestly be able to pay him 100k?

All gone, I believe. All commercial deals and contracts are now null and void. The NewCo will need to negotiate everything from scratch

bad news IMO

thats a potential decent cash injection

Ok, I'm lost.

I think I'll give up trying to make head or tail out of this.

One minute they're liquidated, then they're not, admin is actually going to last another 8-10 weeks.

Then McCoist is away, then he's nae, then Smith is wading in, then Green announces he's bought the assets and wil carry on as normal at Ibrox with McCoist as Manager.

f**k it, I'm out.

What will be, will be.

So, if Dumb and Dumber have just sold the assets to Charlie when there was a better offer on the table from Walter surely this means that they have not acted in the best interests of the creditors? Am I missing something here?

That leaves Charlie to make a nice tidy buck when he sells to Waltco with money that should have gone to creditors.

In other words "£6 million? £10 million and we'll talk". Green has no emotional attachment to the club and the minute he can make what he deems to be an acceptable profit on it, he'll be off.

Agreed and that has probably been the plan all along. Enter a version of the Blue Shytes and a £10m offer and Chasbo has made a lovely little profit and the Shytes have a debt free club. The onus now is that the Chairmen MUST relegate this lot to Div 3

Ok, I'm lost.

I think I'll give up trying to make head or tail out of this.

One minute they're liquidated, then they're not, admin is actually going to last another 8-10 weeks.

Then McCoist is away, then he's nae, then Smith is wading in, then Green announces he's bought the assets and wil carry on as normal at Ibrox with McCoist as Manager.

f**k it, I'm out.

What will be, will be.

Walter Smith goes into a per shop and asks to buy a parrot. The pet shop owner asks which one he would like to purchase and Walter points and says "i'll have the dead one that's in the cage over there".

So basically Green has bought the assets for the newco for 5.5 million? What if someone bids 6 million they would get them as in liquidation the highest bidder wins, no?

Then green stays at The Rangers for a year or so and then sells everything on for 100+% profit?

So basically Green has bought the assets for the newco for 5.5 million? What if someone bids 6 million they would get them as in liquidation the highest bidder wins, no?

That's the beautiful thing with Watty's last minute bid, the contract to sell the assets to Green was signed and sealed and now it's delivered. Walter will stir up Rangers fans into a hysteria demanding the club are sold to him. Long court battles between Walter and Green over the Duff and Phelps rights to sell the club. Deadlines for paperwork for the club to be handed over to footballing authorities will be missed. Players will walk away not knowing who they are working for. It's perfect.

green always stated that players will all transfer over if they try to walk they are in breech of contract. i previously worked for an insolvent/liquidated firm and under TUPE regs. yes they do transfer over but on the same terms. how do they transfer over to a new possibly 3rd division team when they were loosing 10m a year already on those terms? green has to pay them those terms or he is in breech of contract and the players can walk away for nothing

Why does Walter not just push his consortiums money in with Green's? I'm sure Charlie will make him chairman of he football board, why waste £6m paying off Green and co when he has openly said he welcomes investment. Seems stupid to me.

Is Green so objectionable, he s a football guy with clear business savvy since he just bested Paul Murray, Brian Kennedy and a whole load of others to get Rangers on the cheap.

Right now Green needs some goodwill to get season ticket money rolling in and Walter would help that. I'm struggling o see why there needs to be a buyout if no one is really that bothered about having majority control of the club.

All that has been done already.

A bit like the sale of your former club's assets to Mr Charles Green Esq. ;)

Good Luck to Mr Green Esq. Nothing wrong with a businessman making a decent profit for himself...We are not communists after all. ;)