Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

People's turbo-optimism is running rampant!!

Rather be optimistic than a morose, greetin' faced arse like you. I hope to christ you're more happy in real life than the naysayer that you have constantly and consistently portrayed in this thread.

Awaits usual 'pragmatist' shite response.

Looks like Admin is going to last another 8-10 weeks.

James Cook@BBCJamesCookMeeting closed to boos and whistles from shareholders. "How do you sleep at night?" shouted. #Rangers #RFC

I so, so wish one of them replied "On top of a pile of money with many beautiful ladies." :lol:

Retweeted by NewMartin Me_at_Menie_normal.jpgJames Cook@BBCJamesCookPaulClark says administration will last 8-10 more weeks. Shouts of "more money" from shareholders. #Rangers #RFC

That is what they need, but wishful thinking from the shareholders that it would appear just by shouting.

So Whyte was disqualified for doing a similar process to what D and P are doing?

Nope. What D&P are doing is entirely legit (despite what most people in this thread seem to think).

Rangers/Rangers' Assets have been on sale for months and the best offer came from Green. All this nonsense about the assets being undervalued is plainly wrong. The assets are worth what someone is prepared to pay from them which is £5.5M. What Whyte did was transfer assets out from the company and beyond the reach of creditors in order to commit a fraud against the company and ultimately against the creditors.

Fixed that - credit where it's due. "Slicker" is an absolute hero of mine, and has uncovered much jiggery as well as pokery in the financial world.

I would recommend anyone to read the Eye - miles in front of the MSM on loads of stories, not afraid to tell the truth under pressure, and some cracking funnies as well.

Agreed, although the nature of what they do can mean that they get things spectacularly wrong (MMR vaccine being one case).

Very funny though, the letters page in itself is worth the subscription.

Just a bit disappointed that they've not focussed enough on Rangers to give Whyte, Murray et al nicknames in the same way as the Dirty Digger, Piers Moron etc

That's wrong, I'm afraid. Section 216 of the 1986 Act imposes a general prohibition on the re-use of company names but there are a limited number of exceptions to that general rule. One of the exceptions is when the entire business undertaking is sold by administrators and notice is given to the former creditors and the world at large of the new company and new name etc.

The act was updated in around 2006 I believe, purely in order to protect consumers who might be unaware of a company's financial history. To be fair, I don't reckon that will be the case with this bunch when HMRC and BDO are finished with them.

People's turbo-optimism is running rampant!!

Indeed. I tried to get an answer earlier and you can imagine what happened.

Today's official statement on the Aberdeen OS is the usual bland PR speak...

Aberdeen Football Club has issued an update with regard tothe ongoing situation affecting Scottish Football and in particular RangersFootball Club.

Duncan Fraser Chief Executive said "Yesterday'sannouncement that Rangers FC will reform as a New Co brings a degree of clarityto the situation. However there are a number of other investigations ongoing.

Like everyone we wish to see them resolved as soon aspossible.

A large numbers of our supporters have made theirviews and feelings very clear and as a Club I can assure everyone that theseare being taken into account. The integrity of sport in general and football inparticular must be central to any decision.

This issue has our full attention and we willcommunicate any decisions we take in relation to this situation with oursupporters in a transparent way at an appropriate time.''

Still, there's a time and a place for the truth and this obviously isn't it.

Good second article on the P&J back page. Aberdeen's new strips go on sale today. I prefer the red shorts version myself.

Looks like Admin is going to last another 8-10 weeks.

James Cook@BBCJamesCookMeeting closed to boos and whistles from shareholders. "How do you sleep at night?" shouted. #Rangers #RFC

Retweeted by NewMartin Me_at_Menie_normal.jpgJames Cook@BBCJamesCookPaulClark says administration will last 8-10 more weeks. Shouts of "more money" from shareholders. #Rangers #RFC

Does that mean one third points penalty? Do Ranjurs still exist?

People's turbo-optimism hasn't been wrong too often. I have no doubt that the sensible sources out there have allowed the optimists to go a bit turbo. There's a few folk who deserve a lot of respect for their 'digging' around

I wouldn't disagree, all I'm asking is if these clubs have officially said they're No. If they havent, which is clearly deliberate, then I'm suggesting it's somewhat premature for posters to say "ah they're definetely a No".

Chris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaug D&P say administration will last another 8-10 weeks. #Rangers

Are haudit and daubit now just taking the piss??

8-10weeks! so what the actual F*** happens with the newco vote etc? im confused.

SFA must step in now and suspend them. then next year they can re-apply as a new co.

Nope. What D&P are doing is entirely legit (despite what most people in this thread seem to think).

Rangers/Rangers' Assets have been on sale for months and the best offer came from Green. All this nonsense about the assets being undervalued is plainly wrong. The assets are worth what someone is prepared to pay from them which is £5.5M. What Whyte did was transfer assets out from the company and beyond the reach of creditors in order to commit a fraud against the company and ultimately against the creditors.

You seem to know what your talking about.

Could Haudit & Daudit come under any criticism/investigation for how they presented the sale? If there were strong indications that a CVA was never going to be approved, and it seems there are clear guidelines on the HMRC website, can he administrators be guilty of selling the club as a package and discouraging bids for individual aspects, i.e. players, physical assets, etc.

Also there seems to be conflicting reports on their primary responsibility. Is it to save the business or get the best deal for creditors; and at what point in the process does one outweigh the other?

8-10 weeks? ph34r.gif SFA have to kick them out surely. Fixture list chaos will presume if the don't. H&D are taking the absolute pish. How much money will they demand for that? Unbelievable!

mad.gif

Edited by Monkmyster

Rather be optimistic than a morose, greetin' faced arse like you. I hope to christ you're more happy in real life than the naysayer that you have constantly and consistently portrayed in this thread.

Awaits usual 'pragmatist' shite response.

If you've a problem with my posts then you're welcome to put me on Ignore, or go and make a complaint to the Mods.

I think it's a fair enough question to ask if the clubs being hailed as definete Nos have - in actual fact - indicated they're Nos.