Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"The SPL will attempt to prove they hold the players’ registration and they remain tied to Rangers’ newco as a consequence."

But if newco still has to apply for membership of SPL what has it to do with them? :huh:

It wouldn't matter one iota, if the sfa decide to chuck them and the spl say no, who registers the players with uefa.... That's right the sfa.

The spl may think it can call that shot, but ultimately sfa have the final word

"The SPL will attempt to prove they hold the players' registration and they remain tied to Rangers' newco as a consequence."

But if newco still has to apply for membership of SPL what has it to do with them? :huh:

I think someone got that wrong - I'm sure the SFA hold the registrations in safe keeping in the event of liquidation - it makes sense since they are the governing body of the country who issue registrations in the first place.

I'm sure players can TUPE to Govan Utd if they so choose. But I've seen various arguments about whether the players can walk for free or whether a new club picking a player up has to pay a transfer fee with the money being taken in trust to give some recompense to creditors of the liquidated company. As a layperson, this latter idea seems difficult to fathom.

It just seems common sense that a player's contractual obligations are null and void once a company no longer exists. Who is there to negotiate any fee?! Or to think about why contractual obligations are gone, lets say Naismith picks-up another injury whilst nipping to the shops to buy his Scottish Sun and so becomes unsellable. Who pays his £20k a week wages for 6 months while he recouperates?!

+1 for ignore.

It actually works quite well.

Anyway, how long until Charles Green suggests Harry Redknapp for Rangers?:D

well mccoist is reportedly for walkingwink.gif

165967_397659220286102_747297987_n.jpg

Also has anyone asked the sfl if they want a newco to join the league and are there not any junior sides that may want to apply for the place such as spartans.

I'm always ired that the diddy SPL fans want to punt Govan FC to the SFL - why should we get stuck with your crapola :lol: It's your mess, kill them completely instead of victimising us!

I posted this an age ago - Ally will walk, will earn a six figure sum for the serialisation of 'Ally - My Ibrox Heartache' in the Retard, then maybe join the team on Jeff Stelling's Soccer Saturday.

'Ally - My Ibrox Heartache' or 'Ally - My Ibrox Hell'. Only the title of the piece is in doubt. So Ray, how's the latest odds looking... Hold up... 'Ally - My Ibrox Heartache' 5/1. Cheers Ray, you're the daddy. No - YOU'RE the daddy...

Maybe next week we can get a piece from Ally on TRAYNOR QUITS...

From today's Herald

Under Transfer of Undertaking (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006, contracts can be switched to a newco but crucially this must be done under existing terms. This not only applies to wages, but to conditions and players have the right to object and end the contract.

Paul McQuade, an employment lawyer with Levy & McCrae, said: "If a player decides to object to the transfer, there is no breach of contract on his part. By exercising this statutory right to object under the TUPE regulations, he is not dismissed and neither is he entitled to any statutory or contractual compensation on account of the termination of the contract.

"Following communication of the objection, the player is not required to work out his notice period and his existing contractual terms, such as a restrictive covenant, are no longer enforceable against him. The player's employment with the current employer ends on the date of the business transfer."

This means that up to £30m of Rangers talent will be able to walk away from the club.