Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've had a wee think and decided that I actually wouldn't mind newco in the SPL as long as a deal was agreed which spread TV and prize money more equally along with a major change in voting structure.

The problem is we'd get that anyway if they weren't allowed in.

Celtic would push for a points deduction but on the basis the other ten won't challenge for the title with Celtic there and Rangers irrelevant to the European race, no one else has an interest in this.

That leaves cold, hard cash. A slice of Rangers home gate money or them forfeiting a right to their share of the telly money would be likely - but there's surely no way the new owners, whoever they are, could sell that deal to their fans who will (quite rightly) not pay to turn up and watch a competition they can't win simply to provide money to everyone else.

Sorry if it's been posted previous, but just reading a quote from Roy McGregor in the P&J regarding the last SPL meeing he was at. "Every club representative left in the HOPE that the CVA would be reached between the club and it's creditors".

The amount of bullshit coming out of Green/H&D's mouth at that meeting must have been epic.

I believe this was the actual quote dry.gif

I get the impression he's walked into this without understanding the detail of how everything things work - which isn't surprising particularly as he's no experience of Scottish football - and he's know in a sort of "stoke the hysteria" default mode. His nonsense about Rangers stopping being an SPL member "1 minute after tomorrow's CVA vote" another example.

Yesterday was an absolute embarrassment from him. He was very quickly slapped down on the TUPE transfer stuff, and for him to say that the HMRC rejecting a CVA must be a brand new policy decision from them was just outrageous.

I can't quite make up my mind whether he's a) very badly informed, b) trying to appeal to a whole new kind of Old RFC supporter, or c) just a bit dense.

Probably been asked before but what`s the procedure for the actual SPL chairmen vote?

Could it be by anon vote thus giving them an individual out when the Newco motion is passed 8 - 4. Just see them claiming `it wisnae us, we voted with integrity and are stand up guys......it wis 8 other guys wot done it!`

You're not the only one to take that line, we only have to go back one page to see that post from someone else (a Killie fan I think) who more or less said that, and you're not the only one I'm criticising here. I've said it before though, if Rangers are in the SPL next season then I'm done with Scottish football altogether.

And I'll say it again. This club has brought shame upon my country throughout my life. From Barcelona's broom cupboard to the streets of Manchester, they carry violence and hatred wherever they go. This thread is full of firsthand accounts of the bile, abuse and violence handed out by their disgusting support across Scotland. What has become apparent over the last few months is that, unsatisfied with being one of two clubs holding a stranglehold over the Scottish game, they found it necessary to cheat to maintain that status even when there was no realistic long-term challenge from any quarter. I'm not talking about the dodgy offside decisions or "ibrox penalties" that we could all recall at the drop of a hat, either. No, they decided to steal from the taxpayers of this country.

Now, whether this theft has been going on since Whyte took over, as has already been acknowledged by the inclusion of this year's debt in the CVA(:lol:) document, or for decades as HMRC and the majority of posters on here believe, it goes beyond football. It is criminal behaviour, pure and simple. A conscious decision (or many more than one) was made by the officers of rangers to defraud the honest people of this country. Hopefully, those responsible will see the inside of prison cells.

"But the fans are suffering" - well boo fucking hoo. Since when was supporting bigotry and hatred compulsory?

Point me, if you will, to any rangers representative who has apologised for their club's behaviour throughout this saga, who accepts the bigotry and hatred that their club is founded upon, who even at this stage is willing to come forward and help HMRC make sense of the scale and scope of this theft - or, indeed is willing to publicly state that this whole sorry mess is the fault of ONE club.

Isn't it strange that Ally "transparency" McCoist has fallen silent recently? Where is Sandy "we know who the club's enemies are" Jardine when a good old march might just lift the spirits? Anybody heard Uncle Walter's opinions on the recent revelations? Surely THESE are the people the Peepuls Frunt of Govan and the Govan Popular Frunt should be chasing for answers, not HMRC, the SFA or the SPL?

(On the subject of the SPL, mind, the cockwomble's gone a bit quiet too, dontcha' think.)

Nope, soory if you think it's harsh, but I can see no justification for this club to continue in any shape or form. If a zombified newco arises, it should only be in a spirit of rebirth akin to St Paul on the road to Damascus. They should cast aside their previous selves and be born anew. A simple football club, no more. Any more of the nonsense and they're out.

Not hysterical, not over-reacting. They are cheats, thieves, liars, bigots and bullies. They've been caught, so they take their punishment. HMRC has shown the way, I only hope Scottish football takes their lead.

Yesterday was an absolute embarrassment from him. He was very quickly slapped down on the TUPE transfer stuff, and for him to say that the HMRC rejecting a CVA must be a brand new policy decision from them was just outrageous.

I can't quite make up my mind whether he's a) very badly informed, b) trying to appeal to a whole new kind of Old RFC supporter, or c) just a bit dense.

Someone should tell Chas to join p&b and pay attention to this thread if he wants to know what's what.

Probably been asked before but what`s the procedure for the actual SPL chairmen vote?

Could it be by anon vote thus giving them an individual out when the Newco motion is passed 8 - 4. Just see them claiming `it wisnae us, we voted with integrity and are stand up guys......it wis 8 other guys wot done it!`

Also, what happens if a Chairman abstains? (someone else asked this before) Could be an option for ones who want them back in but don't want to annoy their fans.

If it's allowed it could make the arithmetic interesting.

And I'll say it again. This club has brought shame upon my country throughout my life. From Barcelona's broom cupboard to the streets of Manchester, they carry violence and hatred wherever they go. This thread is full of firsthand accounts of the bile, abuse and violence handed out by their disgusting support across Scotland. What has become apparent over the last few months is that, unsatisfied with being one of two clubs holding a stranglehold over the Scottish game, they found it necessary to cheat to maintain that status even when there was no realistic long-term challenge from any quarter. I'm not talking about the dodgy offside decisions or "ibrox penalties" that we could all recall at the drop of a hat, either. No, they decided to steal from the taxpayers of this country.

Now, whether this theft has been going on since Whyte took over, as has already been acknowledged by the inclusion of this year's debt in the CVA(:lol:) document, or for decades as HMRC and the majority of posters on here believe, it goes beyond football. It is criminal behaviour, pure and simple. A conscious decision (or many more than one) was made by the officers of rangers to defraud the honest people of this country. Hopefully, those responsible will see the inside of prison cells.

"But the fans are suffering" - well boo fucking hoo. Since when was supporting bigotry and hatred compulsory?

Point me, if you will, to any rangers representative who has apologised for their club's behaviour throughout this saga, who accepts the bigotry and hatred that their club is founded upon, who even at this stage is willing to come forward and help HMRC make sense of the scale and scope of this theft - or, indeed is willing to publicly state that this whole sorry mess is the fault of ONE club.

Isn't it strange that Ally "transparency" McCoist has fallen silent recently? Where is Sandy "we know who the club's enemies are" Jardine when a good old march might just lift the spirits? Anybody heard Uncle Walter's opinions on the recent revelations? Surely THESE are the people the Peepuls Frunt of Govan and the Govan Popular Frunt should be chasing for answers, not HMRC, the SFA or the SPL?

(On the subject of the SPL, mind, the cockwomble's gone a bit quiet too, dontcha' think.)

Nope, soory if you think it's harsh, but I can see no justification for this club to continue in any shape or form. If a zombified newco arises, it should only be in a spirit of rebirth akin to St Paul on the road to Damascus. They should cast aside their previous selves and be born anew. A simple football club, no more. Any more of the nonsense and they're out.

Not hysterical, not over-reacting. They are cheats, thieves, liars, bigots and bullies. They've been caught, so they take their punishment. HMRC has shown the way, I only hope Scottish football takes their lead.

Accidentally gave you a greenie there, just to clarify it was meant to be a red dot.

So as the radio says Chas Green will set up his Newco in the next few days and then apply to the SPL for entry, the SPL will then call a meeting to vote (this takes a minimum 2 weeks notice)

We will be lucky if this is sorted before July.

If Dundee do get promoted they will have less than 5 weeks to prepare.

Same applies to Airdrie and Stranraer, thats my relegation treble sorted then.

Quick question:

Now that a liquidator has been appointed will Duff and Duffer be leaving the scene? I seem to be reading that it is the Duffers that will be setting up the Newco.

There is a spirit of co-operation between D&P and BDO. I think Paul Clark said they would remain in place for a few weeks after the CVA fails to finish preparations for liquidation then they call in BDO.

What a day! I'm still glowing with joy, but as I said on an earlier post this is just the beginning of the end.

I fully expect things to unravel further from here. I am totally convinced that now HMRC have shown their hand the whole stack of cards is going to come down. If Green knows what's good for him he'll save whatever face he has and get the hell out before he wastes even more money, time and *cough* reputation on this farce.

That Sun front cover needs to be framed and placed in the boardroom of every professional football club in the country. A reminder that if you try and cheat your way to success it will eventually catch up with you. I only hope that the powers that be have the courage of their current convictions to follow this up with the full investigation it requires. As a UK tax payer I'm livid that SDM and Whyte and characters of that ilk continue to walk away from these types of tax dodges as if nothing wrong has occured. In these tough times we as a society need to bring these cancerous characters to account for their deeds.

Looking back on yesterdays response by fans of the football club that used to exist called Glasgow Rangers I am bemused that they still haven't got the slightest clue that HMRC aren't to blame. The blame lies solely at the door of the current and previous governance of the company. It appears to me that their support consists of 70% uneductated, bigoted, dimwits (I include Green in this group) and 30% cowards. The majority just lap up the pish spouted by which ever figurehead is in rolled in front of the camera on any given day whilst the remaining 'decent' supporters deep down know what's going on but don't have the courage to speak out against it, let alone take any action. Just goes to show how blinded by success this group of glory hunting bast*rds have been.

Finally it has also struck me again how disconnected most of "the ppl" are from the reality of diddy opinion. They genuinely seemed shocked that almost to a man, woman and child fans of the smaller teams want a Scottish football system without their poisonous, corrupt and arrogant club. My first contact with "them" was as a 12 year old kid following my local team. A cup visit to Starks' was widely unremarkable in my memory apart from Butcher/Roberts et al playing keep ball for the final 20 minutes to avoid a cup upset and earn a credible draw against our diddy team of part timers from Fife. The return at Ibrox was quite different. At this point I had only one experience of attending big football matches - a pretty mental Chelsea v West Ham game at the height of the football hooligan problem. Its a local derby, tensions were running high. As a kid I did kind of get the connection between the context and the Beruit like scenes post match. I never felt threatened or intimidated even when the mentals were kicking seven shades out of each other just across the street. The mentals fought themselves and generally the sane supporters didn't get caught up in the trouble. The experience at Ibrox was totally different.

Going into the ground getting spat at, verbally abused, threathend with violence and generally intimidated by grown men as a timid 12 year old kid going to the football with my dad and younger brother. Why? Because I had the gall to support a diddy team that clearly threatened the status of the mightly Glasgow Rangers. We got hammered 5-1 I think. Didn't stop the continual goading throughout the match, sectarian singing, various forms of body fluids being discharged from the top of the Broomloan road stand in our direction along with coins and who knows what else and so on. Compared to the friendly, good natured banter and experience over the years at virtually all other Scottish grounds (including Scumferline) the Ibrox experience is one I doubt I'll ever miss. This was just my first taste of the Rangers experience. There are plenty more both as a kid and adult. My brother who got a job selling match day programmes at home games as a teenager had such a bad experience getting bullied by grown men in the Rangers support he ditched the job and even to this day rarely goes back to Stark's.

These are not isolated incidents. Having spoken with many friends of diddy teams over the years this is a common experience. Add systematic cheating over a period of many years and continued arrogance and threatening behaviour in the face of an insurmountable weight of evidence against your club is it any wonder you are the most hated football club in Scotland? Sorry I should say WERE the most hated football club in Scotland.

The fact that in a few hours you will cease to be brings great joy, not just to me, but hundreds of thousands of football supporters across Scotland. That you can't understand the reason why we are delighting in every single piece of negative news in this epic farce is beyond belief.

I genuinely hope that the footballing authorises take this opportunity to send you the way of Third Lanark. Scottish football and Scotland as a country will be a better place without you.

M

Magnificent. That is all.

I think you are all missing the point on this one. The difference is, in the Atlantic league case, both Rangers and Celtic would be leaving the SPL, making the SPL a competitive league. In the current scenario it would only be Rangers leaving the SPL and the remaining competition may as well be handed to Celtic before it starts.

The other difference if you had read the article is that in the event of an Atlantic league both Rangers and Celtic would have left a second string side in Scotland. Meaning the reduced revenues of the SPL would be mitigated.

Live Rangers Live.

Good one!

laugh.gif

Die Rangers Die!!

Quick question:

Now that a liquidator has been appointed will Duff and Duffer be leaving the scene? I seem to be reading that it is the Duffers that will be setting up the Newco.

Duffman said they'd be around for months, then changed it to weeks in a later interview. They also said Green will be fully in charge of the Newco, and BDO in charge of liquidating the Oldco. I guess they'll be making the tea for £500 per hour..

It is easy to look beyond the ecstatic celebrating and ask what exactly has been achieved here . **** stronger than ever in three years max, same name , same ground , same media " Rangers re- born etc", same refs , same fans , same colours , same bigoted beliefs and arrogance , debt free , creditors fucked over . The only thing different is their PLC number, big fucking deal . Please someone tell me I am wrong.

1339594595[/url]' post='6331162']

Rangers in their current state are worth less than a McGeady, being as they are about 15 to 20 McGeadies in debt. But not really a fair comparison is it.

Agreed its not a fair comparison, but to nitpick its not the debt anymore - HMRC have basically confirmed the debt won't follow the asset sale so barring Ticketus coming up with a brilliant and facially implausible to me argument involving the floating charge being valid n their hands or the ticket sale being valid despite the judges earlier statements the assets don't come with any debts.

Real problem is TUPE making them liable for the contracts of all the players who can't get a better one and losing all the players on a free who can plus potential SFA penalties transferring over plus SPL penalties imposed as a condition of transfer / getting kicked out of SPL plus second contract stuff football penalties attaching plus damage to the brand going forward. All of which are unknown and severely depress the price.