Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Traynor's latest article is laughable stuff. I'm concerned for the big man, he sounds right on the edge.

He certainly is.

I also think it's written to avoid any boycotts of his paper by "ra people" as surely nobody can be that blinkered and once the whole scenario is over he can turn round and say his paper didn't stick the knife in.

He's also hedged his bets by saying that they should start in Division 3 so that he can turn round and say he asked for them to be punished to avoid any Celtic/Diddy boycott..

What saddened me aboots Seltik - there was a caller on ClydeFM who said he and his pals would not renew STs unless they were guaranteed 4 OF games next season - frigging disgusting

Obvious if you ask me. They won't be the only ones. As has been said from the start, Celtic will suffer most, out of everyone, after the death of RFC.

To be fair, I'd be quite happy to see Rangers in division 3. They'd easily bring the most to the game out of any potential applicants (stadium, fans, money, potential), and I think being dropped down 4 divisions is enough punishment. For the record, I'm also in favour of a pyramid too, but that'll never happen while there are too many self interested league and non league clubs. There is a big difference between parachuting a new club in at the same level as the old one, and bringing in a new club at the very bottom.

IIRC, when Fiorentina went broke, did they not start somewhere down in the low Serie C's, and work their way back up (with a couple of dodgy double promotions)?

Let's take those things in order

stadium - No-one has a clue what will happen to Ibrox as HMRC chase their money

fans - I wouldn't take fans' word for it that theyll support 'the gers' no matter what - after all every single boycott threatened by them has had no discernible impact

money - it goes without saying that the amount of money available to any newco rangers is entirely up in the air.

potential - I'll grant you, it has potential, but really, the fan base needs to be there and a few seasons of doing nothing of any note football wise will cripple their support.

Personally, I think sporting integrity would be preserved by Rangers being dumped 4 divisions. The SFL clubs could well have to vote on allowing them in.

I wouldn't boycott my club if the Chairman voted in their favour. There's a big difference between that an allowing them straight back in the top level.

It's simply a more dilute form of moral bankruptcy.

It would be amusing if this happened and the boot was on the other foot for the SFL fans who moan about the "Self Preservation League".

Quite.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Traynor's latest article is laughable stuff. I'm concerned for the big man, he sounds right on the edge.

No wonder, he sees all those foreign jaunts slipping away before his eyes. He even states at the end of one article that "the fact is this club and these fans have themselves been cheated". I'd love to hear him explain that one. This is the same guy that didn't give two hoots if Partick Thistle went out the game, and would have happily seen the OF quit the Scottish game to move south but now he wants us to have some sympathy for a bunch of cheats, who should probably have been relegated in 2001. All that money wasted watching a fix. How much money did Traynor waste?

Edited by Owsley

Settle.

Rangers are never going to be "killed" or "deleted". They literally are too big a club for that. There will always be a Rangers in one form or another. Plus the SPL might not need Rangers (it doesn't), but Scottish football as a whole would be poorer without Rangers (I am NOT saying it wouldn't survive), purely because of the number of fans they have. We can't have TOO many fans lost to the game altogether. If all of these people drift off and start watching the EPL (as neutrals, the EPL is obviously where all the better players are), then it will get even more media coverage. On one hand sporting integrity must be maintained (hence my opposition to Rangers in the SPL), and bringing them in at the very bottom of the SFL ladder allows sporting integrity to be maintained, without losing too many fans to the Scottish game, but on the other hand, we need to have a bit of perspective and get over this gleeful desire to see them obliterated from the game altogether.

Well I'm sorry and I think you should join the RM thread which suggested the Scottish economy would die if Ranjurs went - fortunately there were a few 'sober' Orcs who pointed out that if they didn't blow their cash on the mighty, it'd go to places like Tesco who actually renumerate the public purse by paying taxes.

When Ranjurs die it will be a bonus to my diddy team - some will come to Bayview instead of getting on the bus for a trip to see Govan Utd every 2 weeks. Some will go gardening.

The money doesn't disappear - it gets used in different way.. Are you fearful of the Orcs might not visit away grounds? They were gonna boycott anyway.

Edited by Claymores

Traynor goes on about the SFA/SPL not commenting.

After being taken to court by Rangers, they have just taken a leaf out of HMRC's book and are keeping schtum so when the hammer falls (not Albertz!), Rangers can't pick it up and hit people about the head with it

Wee bit of levity wouldn't go amiss. Here's a ditty concocted over a plate of parritch.

The tune - My Favourite Things (from The Sound of Music - Apologies to Richard Rogers & Oscar Hammerstein)

Sir David Murray was cheating for years,

with Succulent Lambs like Young, Traynor and Spiers,

Kissing his arsehole for a soundbite,

They're now unemployed, for the H*ns it's "Goodnight",

Big money signings they came by the dozen,

Gazza and Laudrup and Hateley and Cousin,

Oleg Kuznetzov, Tore Andre Flo,

They're all forgotten cos' it's a Newco,

Lambegs and sashes and crimplene suits,

Bingo-winged wummin' and bigots wae flutes,

Marching each year on the 12th of July,

"We arra peepul" was your battle cry,

Was the tax paid ? Was the VAT paid ?

Or the NIC ?,

You robbed and you cheated to pay all your players,

And then gave them EBT's.......

As an aside to that she was also organising a charity football match and asked clubs if she could use their ground for 4 hours on a sunday. Clyde wanted £3000 upfront!!! Fuckers!!!! dry.gif

As Clyde do not own the ground, that is bollocks. They don't even have a "full" lease over the stadium - instead they are entitled to use it for 20 games a year. Good try though.

It is almost scary that so many fans cannot see how damaging Rangers' demise is to the game in general.

Whether you like them or not they are important. Along with Celtic they are the engine that drives our game.

Traynor's still spouting this line ? :lol:

Fat pointless arsehole of a man, can the daily retard be put into liquidation as well please ?

I have not read every post since yesterday, so apologies if I'm covering old ground.

I do not understand why Green&Co are getting the business for 5.5M.

I would have thought that BDO should take over and flog all the assets for as much as they can get.

Surely more than 5.5M?

What happened to the idea that the administrators first duty was to the creditors?

Still something not right here.

No wonder, he sees all those foreign jaunts slipping away before his eyes. He even states at the end of one article that "the fact is this club and these fans have themselves been cheated". I'd love to hear him explain that one. This is the same guy that didn't give two hoots if Partick Thistle went out the game, and would have happily seen the OF quit the Scottish game to move south but now he wants us to have some sympathy for a bunch of cheats, who should probably have been relegated in 2001. All that money wasted watching a fix. How much money did Traynor waste?

Please cure my innocence. What's the significance of 2001? I was having a really hard time keeping the wolf from the door, lost job, etc in 2001, so I had priorities other than football.

This Green character is an utter buffoon. He really ought to be investing in the services of some smarmy Max Clifford type to manage his PR and vet his dribblings before they hit the air.

He could just about be forgiven for spouting such utter drivel if he were a football man, as the latter are not generally renowned for erudite and well-formed utterings, but at least they generally have some experience and passion, and hence understanding of how the game operates. This guy is showing himself up as a clueless blowhard, who knows the square-root of hee haw about pretty much anything he chooses to ramble on about.

He evidently has way too much time on his hands. Surely he has a hedge that needs trimming, and a golf putt that needs perfecting <_<

What a load of shite The Rangers are dead.

Only in your head pal. If the new club with a slightly different name plays in the same shirt at Ibrox ( even in the 3rd div) its the same shower of current buns with their orc fans. Same sh1te different name, like a turd that wont flush for you

Airdrieonians are also dead. Plenty people go and watch Airdrie FC and Im sure they discuss and reminisce of their cup run of 1992 without someone pointing out , 'naw that doesny count that was a completely different seperate entity'

Let's take those things in order

stadium - No-one has a clue what will happen to Ibrox as HMRC chase their money

fans - I wouldn't take fans' word for it that theyll support 'the gers' no matter what - after all every single boycott threatened by them has had no discernible impact

money - it goes without saying that the amount of money available to any newco rangers is entirely up in the air.

potential - I'll grant you, it has potential, but really, the fan base needs to be there and a few seasons of doing nothing of any note football wise will cripple their support.

Stadium - Be realistic. Ibrox isn't going anywhere. Its a listed building that can't really be used for anything else. HMRC have already said that they want football to continue.

Fans - I'm not saying that they will fill 50,000, but they will certainly have one of the biggest attendances in the SFL. Furthermore, Rangers on their travels will bring more support than a lot of the other div 2/3 clubs, simply because there are more local gloryhunters who will go along. Plus the novelty factor of seeing Rangers humbled will increase home attendances all round. Its a no brainer here imo. In my opinion, Rangers in the league will bump up the home attendances of all division 2 and 3 clubs.

Money - Again, I was thinking from the perspective of what they bring to the league, rather than what they have. Rangers in division 3? More media attention, more spotlight on all the clubs, increased commercial opportunity, increased home fan attendances all round, its an opportunity to get some local people interested in their clubs! Rangers in the league will indirectly bring in more money to the lower league clubs.

Potential - Rangers will always have a core of thousands of fans. More than any other club in the SFL. Even if it dropped to say, 4000 (and I don't believe it will), that is still more than any other club in div 2/3. When they start winning, and bringing in cheap journeymen at a fraction over the wages others can afford means they will, their casual support will come right back again.

It's simply a more dilute form of moral bankruptcy.

What, dropping a team to the lowest level we can manage? There IS precedent for that. As I said, I have a problem if they parachute them into the SPL or SFL 1 or 2, but no problems with bringing them in at the lowest level for them to work their way up.

hi all! long time lurker who has finally registered. email sent to my club chairman Steve Brown and I have had a reply to say he will get given it.

i would cut and paste it here but every-time i try it is gobbledygook!! eg

Dear Steve,<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); "><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">I write to you as a 30 year old lifelong fan of

Edited by BELFASTSAINTEE

On the issue of NO to newco one important issue is being overlooked - the attractiveness factor. By not allowing a Rangers newco into the SPL we will be removing from SPL stadia the ugliest bunch of b*****ds ever to have inhabited our fair country.

By and large Dundee fans are not good looking (with one or two notable exceptions) but compared to ra peepul they are fucking gorgeous.

I trust the SPL chairmen will take this important factor into consideration when casting their votes on a newco.