Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So if Green hadn't spoken directly to HMRC when was he "given the nod" as he claimed the other week?

The man is as full of shit as anyone else involved with that horrible institution over the last few years.

Rangers fans should not believe a word the man says. He told enough lies on TV yesterday to completely screw up what little credibilty he may have had.

He's a shameless self-publicist and probably more dangerous for their club than Whyte was ( .....but not SDM ).

What annoyed me about the BBC website yesterday was extensive interviews from Green and Paul Haudit saying players would be transferred over. Surely the BBC could have given equal prominence on their website to an independent, unbiased, expert view on this issue. I notice the PFA are claiming players could walk.

Don't really understand the stance of Green or PFA. Tupe doesn't give the employee the right to walk away from their contract. They can either move to the newco or stay at the oldco at which point I'd assume the oldco would make them redundant but they could hold on to them and try to sell them.

While we had heard such tales, this is certainly worth highlighting once more if only for its point and snigger potential:

The new owner will also require working capital to keep the club ticking over, and to invest and grow it. Charles Green hasn't detailed how much he's planning to make available, or where it's coming from. But I'm told the new management is already sounding out small-scale investors through Independent Financial Advisers in Glasgow.

Source

I can confirm, i have posted similar in the last few weeks. My mate, an IFA, has been approached twice by a "fixer" looking for investors of £100k+ in a "sports-related" investment. No further details until a meeting is set up, allegedly. Laughed the guy off first time, then told him never to darken his door agin second time.

Don't really understand the stance of Green or PFA. Tupe doesn't give the employee the right to walk away from their contract. They can either move to the newco or stay at the oldco at which point I'd assume the oldco would make them redundant but they could hold on to them and try to sell them.

Not sure about that. When I was TUPEd, I had the choice to transfer to the new company (same terms and conditions) or leave. There was no option to stay with the old company and no option to be made redundant. The role wasn't redundant - it had just been moved to a new employer.

Nope - if the Newco is purchasing all the contracts then the players have only two options - go to the New Company or quit.

They would not be able to remain with the old company - they would simply have their contracts terminated (there would be no redundancy - it'd be just like you chucking your job).

For most people in the private sector (or for the office workers, etc) Tupe is a good deal (continuation fo contract, etc) for footballers it has an added bonus as other teams can now pick them up free and offer wee sweetners to the players since they don't have to pay a transfer fee for them.

Edited by Gaspode

What annoyed me about the BBC website yesterday was extensive interviews from Green and Paul Haudit saying players would be transferred over. Surely the BBC could have given equal prominence on their website to an independent, unbiased, expert view on this issue. I notice the PFA are claiming players could walk.

The only way I ever understood TUPE on a personal basis was when local government reorganised in 1996. 95% of the old Council's employees could transfer to the new organisation, it so happened my contract didn't but the new Council offered me a new job anyway. The key point is that folks could transfer if they so wished, but were under no contractual agreement if wanted to walk away (in my situation it meant no notice needed rather than Everton having to pay £2mill for a new housing assistant!)

The Newco are buying Rangers footballing assets for £5.5m , then will then sell Lafferty, McGregor and Whittaker for about £10m , sell the naming rights to Ibrox for £10m, sell £20m season tickets , then sell the newco to the Blue Knights for £1 and walk away with a tidy profit. They have £1.5m set aside for wages for new players. Gattuso will get £600k this move will appease the fans. It will all carry on as if nothing happened. This is all a farce.

I have no doubt by the time Rangers next play in Europe Charles Green will b elong gone and the Blue Knights in some form will be in charge.

The man is an asset stripper and he has promised investors to double their money.

I still don't see how he can be allowed to buy the assets of Rangers for only £5.5m, surely Ibrox, Murray Park and the players are worth more than that.

This could leave D&P open to civil action from HMRC for selling an asset at an undervalued amount.

Reports indicate that Rangers have made a new contract offer to Sone Anewco.

HEARTS

On the line for around £600,000 in lost revenue if the TV deal takes a heavy hit with no Rangers in the SPL, money – including the £800,000 Rangers owe them for Lee Wallace – will dictate their attitude. Hence director Sergejus Fedotovas' take: "Justice is very important but lessons learned are more valuable. Scottish football should not put all focus on the punishment."

How they might vote: Certain to back a Rangers return.

Ok, allow me to figuratively dimiss this.

Firstly, We are not the only club to miss out on TV revenue if Rangers went down the pan. I don't know where he getting the £600,000 figure from anything other than the assumption that we finish third, which is a very apathetic and naive attempt to use figures to back this up.

Secondly, starting a Newco will probably mean even less of a guarantee of us receiving the £800,000(only half of which we'll see this summer even if Rangers somehow pay us). Dundee Utd and Celtic are due money from Rangers so how does that imply that other the deficit being slightly larger make it any different a stance.

Finally, Romanov more times than not of late has actually been very sensible in his running of the club in the last year or so, cutting the wage bills drastically. I don't see the problem with him going further if need be if can a) give us a chance to give them two fingers for not paying the full fee for wallace, and b) Having the opportunity to distribute the TV money among the other clubs more evenly to compensate the loss of Rangers and improve our long term aspects should they return, making it a better long term buy when he is trying to sell us.

I wouldn't necessarily say we're officially in one group, but I'd most definitely say we are more swaying to Vote no than we are the Hitler way.

From ACAS:

"

If you were employed immediately before the transfer (or if you would have been had you not been unfairly dismissed for a reason connected with the transfer) you automatically become an employee of the new employer, unless you object to being transferred and inform either employer. Your continuity of employment is not broken and you keep all the rights and obligations under your contract of employment with your previous employer."

I totally agree they don't have to transfer to newco but don't see how they would be allowed to breach their contract to oldco.

Nope...Doesn't feel any better the day after the event :(

The only brightside i can see is i have always wanted to go to all 42 grounds in Scotland and although i have seen nearly all the clubs we haven't been allowed to go their grounds due to crowd safety. IF the SFA really f**k us over then the numbnuts will boycott all grounds and a life long ambition can be realised..Not much of a brightside i know but in times like this you need something to cling onto

The Newco are buying Rangers footballing assets for £5.5m , then will then sell Lafferty, McGregor and Whittaker for about £10m , sell the naming rights to Ibrox for £10m, sell £20m season tickets , then sell the newco to the Blue Knights for £1 and walk away with a tidy profit. They have £1.5m set aside for wages for new players. Gattuso will get £600k this move will appease the fans. It will all carry on as if nothing happened. This is all a farce.

I have no doubt by the time Rangers next play in Europe Charles Green will b elong gone and the Blue Knights in some form will be in charge.

The man is an asset stripper and he has promised investors to double their money.

I still don't see how he can be allowed to buy the assets of Rangers for only £5.5m, surely Ibrox, Murray Park and the players are worth more than that.

This could leave D&P open to civil action from HMRC for selling an asset at an undervalued amount.

Apart from the fact that Gatusso will be nowhere near Rangers next season, that's pretty much what's going on. It's one thing that the lunatic Leggo has been right about from the start - Green is not doing this for any other reason than its a profitable caper. That being said, the same would be said for The Blue Knights, Paul Murray, Craig Whyte or whichever other freak you choose to name. Rangers are fucked. And even if they aren't totally fucked, they're still really, really badly fucked.

Good point but a lot of players and ex-players are openly playing the sympathy card. There's is also the underlying threat of intimidation and marches to Nandos to harangue them ;)

Nope...Doesn't feel any better the day after the event :(

The only brightside i can see is i have always wanted to go to all 42 grounds in Scotland and although i have seen nearly all the clubs we haven't been allowed to go their grounds due to crowd safety. IF the SFA really f**k us over then the numbnuts will boycott all grounds and a life long ambition can be realised..Not much of a brightside i know but in times like this you need something to cling onto

Adjust your sigi then clown

Actually direct.gov.uk makes it much clearer:

"If you don't want to work for the new employer

You can refuse to work for the new employer. You must let your current or prospective employer know that you object to the transfer. You will be regarded as having resigned and will have no right to claim unfair dismissal or redundancy pay."

So, what planet is Green on?

How the hell will a junior/3rd division club afford mcgregors wages?

Let alone the steve's wages and every one else's.

Oh and very very very gutted to have missed 1690. Damn 2 for Tuesday's

Good point but a lot of players and ex-players are openly playing the sympathy card. There's is also the underlying threat of intimidation and marches to Nandos to harangue them ;)

Hoppefully UEFA will get involved if the SPL Chairmen try to allow Govan FC in - Ranjurs still won't have paid many clubs.

Actually direct.gov.uk makes it much clearer:

"If you don't want to work for the new employer

You can refuse to work for the new employer. You must let your current or prospective employer know that you object to the transfer. You will be regarded as having resigned and will have no right to claim unfair dismissal or redundancy pay."

So, what planet is Green on?

Green never read that site, hence his surprise at cva being rejected even though guidelines are online.

Guy is senile.