Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm sure there was a statement earlier from Sky saying they won't walk away from the SPL and may renegotiate a deal without rangers in the league.

If the newco is allowed into the 3rd division, does anyone think Sky might offer a 3 or 4 year deal to the SFL to show Div1/2/3 games live and highlights packages?

On an other note, Keevins was bleating about the death of Scottish football tonight and that no one will be interested in Celtic winning the league by 20 points every year with no rangers to compete with them.

Of course, he completely forgot that the only way rangers have been able to compete with celtic for the last 25 years was to cheat, to dodge tax, for Murray to have a bottomless loan policy with the bank. Without any of that, they would never have been able to compete. They would have been on a par with the rest.

Just goes to show that these media p***ks just go through the motions of being interested in anyone other than the OF !!

For being an alledged experienced senior football writer, these comments are as laughable as they are misinformed! I think it's a case of them showing their true colours . Their easy meal ticket has suddenly been taken away and now they might have to actually work to get a story worth printing !!!

It's maybe more a case of the death of lazy journalism !!!

When you put it like that perhaps all the clubs should form Newcos and Scottish football might improve its finances...:unsure:

Exactly! Dunfermline have been dealing with crippling debt for nigh on ten years now as far as I know. Next season, if rangers get admitted, Dunfermline can go all out, spend their way to the SPL, go broke the following season, and know they will be able to wipe their debt and get back into the league consequence free.

The BBC summed it up well, its finances versus sporting integrity here...

b*****d. I have been following this every day then head off to Millport for 24 hrs to get some rest before Thu's big announcement and they friggin well make the announcement today and I dont hear about it until many hours later. Need to get the ice cream in the morning.

" Millport " has phone, radio and internet connectivity, the same as Siberia.

You've got more chance of getting your hole with a £50 note attached to your cock, Coco.

Celtic now, Celtic always!

It takes a special kind of Celtic fan to still be utterly seething on the day that Rangers are liquidated.

That was me :)

Apart from the birth of my daughter probably my finest achievement.

Your Avatar, Brian Glover in Kes, is the greatest cameo, tour de force, in British Cinema history. Acting of the highest standard and an absolute joy to watch.

If a newco gets in, that sets a rather unfortunate precedent...lets say Killie finish last next season (team picked at random). Oh dear, they can't survive without SPL revenue, therefore administration, newco, rejoin SPL. They can't vote a newco in surely?

If we finished bottom we'd be relegated and the 1st placed team in SFL1 would replace us as per the rules. The SFL have rules against newcos, so we'd be out on our arse.

The Rangers scenario would only be open to a club who didn't finish bottom of the SPL.

The rules don't matter don't they! And here we are all this time people such as yourself shouting about Rangers complying to the rules as you and others see them. So which is it, do the rules matter or not,you can't have it both ways. What has happened here is that the company serial number listed with companies house has changed,the football club hasn't moved. So do the rules matter or not?

You can't have it both ways, indeed, financial history dies and sporting history dies too, are you going to support the new club?

Not far wrong.If they set a precedent with Rangers then they cant close the stable door saying it was only ok for them only.Most teams have debt problems and if the newco route is approved,with league position guaranteed then only a fool would pay debts whilst watching Rangers waltz away with no debt and a winning team.Maybe that's the reason most are ready to vote them in.The europe ban wont hurt most and its an easy way to get the bank off their backs.

It takes a special kind of Celtic fan to still be utterly seething on the day that Rangers are liquidated.

I am quite happy today, I can assure you. I appreciate from other fans we are tarred with the same brush but as a general support we have evolved a lot in the last 10 - 15 years. We are not the peepul! Everybody are the people :)

1) I hope I am wrong but suspect the greed is good , make it up as you go along, Self Preservation League will allow Rangers back in and stick two fingers up to all fans

2) If Rangers don't get voted into SPL, why does everybody assume the SFL will ?

Rangers fans go on about starting in Div 3, why should they be allowed in Div 3 ?

I've been trying to catch up on the thread but there appears to be 2 more pages added by the time I've read 1 so I've given up and jumped to the end. (It's hard to read fast when you are laughing all the time.) Due to this, I apologise if this has already been asked.

Will Berwick now be known as the BIG Gers?

Will NewCo supporters now ask, "Aye, but who's yer WEE team"?