Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

2 months ago they were stating "we must get a CVA so we can keep our history"

So does liquidation mean they lose their history??"

Their history will be HISTORY....:D :D :D

What a fanfuckingtastic day...

Now is the time to get yer e-mails into your clubs chairman, to cockwomble and into the national media. Now is the time where we need to show fan power and now is the time that those of us who have always stated " NO TO A NEWCO" to stand up and be counted.

Todays news, was ( as far as I was concerned) not unexpected but I have to say I actually feel good that the cheating b*****ds are being liquidated. Say goodbye to 140 years of history, say goodbye to Europe for the next three seasons, say goodbye to top players who will now walk away for sweet feck all.

Today is a day we should celebrate but also we now need to mobilise and make sure that the team once know as Rangers does not waltz straight back into the SPL.

This is not the end but it is certainly the begining of the end..

Praise be HMRCicon_biggrin.gif

I believe the only exception to complete rebranding is if there is a geographical connection, hence Middlesborough, Leeds and Charlton kept their basic nomenclature. Wouldn't seem to apply to this lot.....

Maybe they could keep the Glasgow part then, but not rankers

Not sure the celebrations are justified, i've still got a horrible feeling they're getting out of this relatively unscathed with history intact. The speak from HMRC is very disappointing, and i'm at a loss to understand how transferring the assets to the Newco for £5.5 million is even remotely above board, much sadness :angry:

Please, someone tell me otherwise!

Result being 1690 pages of counter GIRFUY

Not sure the celebrations are justified, i've still got a horrible feeling they're getting out of this relatively unscathed with history intact. The speak from HMRC is very disappointing, and i'm at a loss to understand how transferring the assets to the Newco for £5.5 million is even remotely above board, much sadness :angry:

Please, someone tell me otherwise!

Well...everyone other than Rangers fans can consider their current entity dead. Bust. Finito. An ex-parrot. So that's something.

Pluses include the absolute certain change in voting structure in the SPL and reorganising the television deal along with an extra European spot to be chased for the next three years.

Rangers may even decide not to bother applying for the SPL place and starting again in Division Three voluntarily - with their players set to leave, no European football and a heavy punishment if admitted, they would simply be killing time for three years. Why bother spending unnecessary money to do that?

The appeal panel still have to hand down punishment for Rangers bringing the game into disrepute and the SPL will report on their double contract findings.

HMRC don't care about the football implications of what comes next, not unreasonably. Rangers were never going to die completely - the fanbase ensures someone will always run them and there would always be a way back for them. However, they are certainly goosed - in whatever form they emerge - for at least the next three years, it's down to the other clubs now to make hay when the sun is shining.

A number of consequences of liquidation:

1) All players are effectively free agents. You cannot be forced to transfer to Newco

Well, they're free agents if they choose to be free agents. I'm sure a number will be happy enough to still be in job (the shite ones)

2) I cannot see why the liquidator will be bound by a deal concluded by the administrators five minutes before the liquidator is appointed. It may be though that BDO have had a look at the deal and will let it stand but then again, why would they when all the money is to pay Duff and Phelps?

Firstly, because BDO have no option without going to court.. There's a contract in place - you can't simply ignore it . Secondly, whatever happens to the sale of the assets, even if the contract with Green was reduced, the administrators would get paid first.

3) S216 of the Insolvency Act says that Newco cannot have a name so similar as to suggest a relationship with the old company without the leave of the court. In practical terms, the liquidator may be prepared to sell the name or alternatively, it might be in the deal already done. One way or another, the leave of the court will be required

I think it's worth bearing in mind that the purpose of s.216 is to protect individuals against being misled, it isn't to punish the business undertaking.

Not sure the celebrations are justified, i've still got a horrible feeling they're getting out of this relatively unscathed with history intact.

Okay. Lets look at the nearest comparable case we can find. A quick read of the following should help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretna_F.C.

Now. Which tense do they use to refer to Gretna. F.C.?

The fact that Zombie Rangers will appear the second Rangers 1873 - 2012 cease to exist shouldn't blind you to the fact

that they will be a new club.

Surely the biggest question now is who is going to vote yes to have them back in the spl?

What do we know from the comments made by clubs over the last few weeks and the current mood?

My club (Hearts) will vote yes, I have absolutely zero doubt about this. The comments made about "learning being more important" or words to those effects are a big sign for me.

St Mirren - No

What else do we know?

Surely the biggest question now is who is going to vote yes to have them back in the spl?

What do we know from the comments made by clubs over the last few weeks and the current mood?

My club (Hearts) will vote yes, I have absolutely zero doubt about this. The comments made about "learning being more important" or words to those effects are a big sign for me.

St Mirren - No

What else do we know?

I would imagine Celtic have to vote no??

Dundee Utd will vote yes as well I'd imagine. The rest of the teams could go either way, I'm not entirely sure saints will vote no, but if the Sky deal is still in place, then we probably will, it's simply coming down to money.

3) S216 of the Insolvency Act says that Newco cannot have a name so similar as to suggest a relationship with the old company without the leave of the court.

So, to me this essentially means that they can't have Rangers in the title seeing as the current club name is just Rangers Football Club'. Going down the Airbus UK route could earn them a few more pennies though, although god knows what the Scottish version would be. The best bit of all, Rangers fans won't be able to call themselves any more. Most pleasing.

No doubt that ideas for sponsored team names will be flowing on here eventually.

I have a question actually, now the CVA was going to be funded with what was effectively a loan, but surely they can't buy £5.5 million pounds worth of stadium and training centre with a loan? Do they not actually have to produce hard cash for this?

That assumes that Green actually has any hard cash, which doesn't look very likely.

St Mirren - No

What else do we know?

If the rumours about the proposed deal are true, I think it could be unanimous (except for possibly Celtic). If the conditions are a change from 11-1 voting and shared gate receipts, the Other 10 get all the benefits of Rangers being kicked out (because the New Rangers will be financially crippled and uncompetitive), plus they get to keep the Sky deal and they get a bunch of extra money from sharing the receipts of games at Ibrox and Parkhead. Celtic get screwed somewhat by that deal, but (a) boo fucking hoo - they've been screwing the Other 10 for 13 years, and (b) they'd be outvoted.

Edited by Wings Over Scotland

Dont get all the gloating over this. New team rangers whatever, spend 3yrs in sfl leagues, get to spl then. With no real debt issues and plenty of fan support. Most rangers fans will support newco in time.

Doesnt matter what they are called. All rangers haters will still hate newco anyway.

Not much will change!

St Mirren - No

What else do we know?

I'd have thought the other way about.

Anyway, Celtc, Hibs and United will vote no.

"Sportsmanship is an attitude that strives for fair play, courtesy toward teammates and opponents, ethical behaviour and integrity, and grace in victory or defeat."

David Murray, Craig Whyte, Duff & Phelps, Sandy Jardine, Ally McCoist, the Scottish Media, Walter Smith and "ra peepul" none of you have shown any dignity in this whole debacle. Get it right FUCKIN up ye! Your attitude is why we all want you to die!