Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hopefully the SPL do the correct thing and get them to f**k. Any idea when the vote will be?

Do D&P have to wait for Thursday's CVA vote and then the 28-day cooling-off period before formally beginning the process of liquidation? If so it could be a month until Green is in a position to take on assets for Newco.

Particularly vomit inducing interview fron Hugh Keevins on 'Talksport' just now..

'Make no mistake about it.. this will be disatrous for Celtic and disastrous for scottish football...' ... :huh: aye okay shug.. :)

Its also clear Keys and Gray have a hard-on for Paul Murray and Brian Kennedy..

Keys "Hugh would this have happened had the Blue Knights been succesful with their bid...?"

Keevins "Yes..." :D :D :D

Can't really blame them Mags, Kennedy is hot :wub:

Anyhow it's what we expected to happen, you couldn't expect anyone to accpet that CVA offer.

Great news.

My first son is due in October, I'm hoping he grows up to know Rangers like I know Third Lanark!

Unfortunately, i don't think that is a likely scenario. Even if they get punted to Div 3, byt the time your bairn is going to the games, it will be back to the normal 2 horse race.

We can still celebrate the death of Rangers now but the b*****d son of Rangers will be around (albeit with a long time before they get the world record of league titles back)

So if you were a Rangers supporter, and had been from childhood, could you imagine changing your mind and choosing to not support Rangers? My argument, and I noticed the posts from Gaz and SH on this, is that the emotional attachment to the club is greater for many than being able to take an easy choice. I know a couple of people who stopped going to Ibrox because they didn't like the bigotry (one only choosing to go back for the first time in years last year), but they still identified as Rangers supporters. My brother got into Rangers because they were the first team he heard about in school. Even as an adult, he didn't make a cold choice, weigh up the pros and cons, and decide not to support Rangers. His views were too entrenched and the emotional attachment was too strong for that.

My point is that many fans don't "choose" to support the OF, and couldn't imagine supporting anyone else.

Sorry, but once you realise the support that both cheeks necessarily have for their bigoted fanbase (which is where their money comes from, after all), to have ANY connection with either of the Ugly Sisters makes you complicit in any and all of their actions and attitudes. It's a bit like saying "He killed HOW many Jews? Well, I don't agree with that, but the Autobahns are nice and I get a free uniform."

To play the emotional attachment card says a bit more about the "decent" green and blue Sisters fans than they should really be sharing, IMHO....