Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Thanks to youngsy for at least confirming that some small creditors have been paid off.

I wondered if that had happened and also if it might have an effect on the CVA.

I'm guessing Haudit & Daudit need to remove them from the list of creditors or confirm with these creditors that they have been reimbursed by the RFFFFFF.. And no longer hold a claim.

Anyone know if that's how it works?

I have to ask this, but how the hell can ANY small creditor be paid off? In Administration ALL creditors have to go through the same process as far as im aware. If the RFF have paid off some of the small creditors then it means absolutely nothing. It might be a dignified and decent thing to do, but its just a gesture as it doesnt actually count towards paying off the debt owed. That can only happen via the CVA. For the record, I think it will fail too but I think that is the plan TBH.

Can you explain why a club as large as Rangers has not been able to raise millions via the fighting fund?

Being entirely fair, there's been uncertainty after uncertainty, if the Rangers support knew who the new owner was, what the SFA punishment is, What the SPL punishment is, who will own Ibrox and Murray Park, then maybe they could say right, I'll buy my season book and chuck in £50 to the fund.

Look at the levels of cash raised by Dundee in a smaller period of time, then look at the size of the supports.

More certainty, as the admins cut costs early and fans knew that DFC needed £x,000 per week to keep going. Targeted and possible, I think Motherwell fans were able to do that too.

The idea of the fighting fund was great but the lack of effort put in by the average Rangers fan is amazing. All they seem to want is someone to step in and give the club millions. Green is another chancer in the Whyte mold but if Rangers fans had made a similar effort as per Dundee, Partick Thistle, Bradford Bulls etc they could own the team by the end of of the CVA on Thursday, instead you will be run into the ground by Green and his backers.

I see where you're coming from, but my guess is that as soon as there is an certainty over the CVA and whether Green gets his mitts on rangers that there is an avalanche of money there from the Currants to throw at the situation.

If the SFA and SPL punishments hammer Rangers and we also see a liquidation, then I have no doubt that the organisation and funds will be there from the currants to go do a Newco and acquire a vulnerable or one man owned SFL club.

Its a case of maybe being careful what we wish for as a debt free Newco could pretty much being back in the SPL within two years and it's certainly going to appeal to their fans better than a club weakened through the CVA process with the possibility of split ownership of club and property assets.

Thanks to youngsy for at least confirming that some small creditors have been paid off.

I wondered if that had happened and also if it might have an effect on the CVA.

I'm guessing Haudit & Daudit need to remove them from the list of creditors or confirm with these creditors that they have been reimbursed by the RFFFFFF.. And no longer hold a claim.

Anyone know if that's how it works?

The newsagent that was in the press speaking on behalf of the small creditors has been paid in full by the RFFF. They are still entitled to the money through the CVA as the money came from the Fund and not Rangers Football Club.

I am sure some will waive their right to the CVA money and some others wont. It is entirely up to the individuals.

The newsagent that was in the press speaking on behalf of the small creditors has been paid in full by the RFFF. They are still entitled to the money through the CVA as the money came from the Fund and not Rangers Football Club.

I am sure some will waive their right to the CVA money and some others wont. It is entirely up to the individuals.

Cheers.

Say you were a small creditor like the newsagent would you take the RFFF's money and then say at the creditors meeting you were still due it from the CVA?

Take some brass baws to do that in Glasgow if you know what I mean.

Cheers.

Say you were a small creditor like the newsagent would you take the RFFF's money and then say at the creditors meeting you were still due it from the CVA?

Take some brass baws to do that in Glasgow if you know what I mean.

Personally i believe they are entitled to take the money and have waited long enough for it so yep i think they should...BUT...that Newsagent is on the Copland Road and must coin it in on Matchday. Now i think it will affect business and the small amount he might recoup through the CVA will be a drop in the ocean for what he will lose through supporters taking their custom elsewhere.

Each individual case is different and it all depends what sums are involved. Some might see waiving their rights to the CVA as good publicity and beneficial to their businesses in the long run.

t's a bugger mate - I started off 4 games pedictions and got them all correct so only small bets up, missed Sunday, then £200 on France - bugger!

There's always tomorrow.

Russia have to be worth a punt. They looked good the other night whereas Poland crumbled as soon as they were put under pressure by a pretty poor Greek side.

Trust me. I know for a fact that they are going to reject it.

For all the times in the past year i've read or heard the words £trust me" i should be a millionaire. Kindly explain why we should "trust you" that this CVA will be rejected.

Can you explain why a club as large as Rangers has not been able to raise millions via the fighting fund?

Look at the levels of cash raised by Dundee in a smaller period of time, then look at the size of the supports.

The idea of the fighting fund was great but the lack of effort put in by the average Rangers fan is amazing. All they seem to want is someone to step in and give the club millions. Green is another chancer in the Whyte mold but if Rangers fans had made a similar effort as per Dundee, Partick Thistle, Bradford Bulls etc they could own the team by the end of of the CVA on Thursday, instead you will be run into the ground by Green and his backers.

To be perfectly honest i thought that the fund would hit around the £2.5-£3 million mark. That it didn't could be down to a few factors,apathy being the main one in that some fans,whether a minority or majority doesn't matter,have been under the belief that Rangers were too big to go under with this we are the people attitude. Many though realise the full extent of the situation and seriousness the club is under but with Whyte at the time still on the periphery a lot weren't sure whether to donate or not.

One of the reasons may well be that there are too many divisions in the support groups in that you have the RSTand Association who maybe have their own agendas or outlook on how the club should be run. Whether fans of other clubs agree or not the support has taken a hammering over the last year financially in that they've seen a club with a controllable debt of £18 million suddenly increase in a relatively short period of time to £48 million,(not including debenture bondholders £7.7 million). To an extent the reluctance is understandable but in saying that there were pledges put in to the Save Rangers campaign which iirc was sitting at well over £3 million,may be wrong about the exact sum, but was pledged for a support ownership of the club,something which the Blue Knights were ready to give consideration to.

Personally i believe they are entitled to take the money and have waited long enough for it so yep i think they should...BUT...that Newsagent is on the Copland Road and must coin it in on Matchday. Now i think it will affect business and the small amount he might recoup through the CVA will be a drop in the ocean for what he will lose through supporters taking their custom elsewhere.

Each individual case is different and it all depends what sums are involved. Some might see waiving their rights to the CVA as good publicity and beneficial to their businesses in the long run.

So you steal from businesses and then daft Rangers fans threaten to boycott these businesses for wanting paid in full?

And you wonder why all of Scottish football hate you?

70% of Rangers media think the cva will be accepted.

Deary me.

We-e-e-e-e-ll, I'll not be counting my chickens before they're hatched, that is for certain. There have been that many twists and turns throughout this entire saga that nobody can say entirely for certain what will happen on Thursday (except that Rangers Media, Pie and Bovril, and Kerrydale St will go into apocalyptic meltdown - would be a good time to be an internet bandwidth salesman, or a server rep).

The vast majority of us hope that HMRC block the CVA, as it seems the righteous path. However, Rangers men have had their insipid fingers around the throat of Scottish football - not to mention society - for so long that any outcome is still possible. I certainly wouldn't start crowing before I knew for certain that they're doomed (although the suggested appointment of BDO is a very strong indicator that HMRC have set their stall out).

Either way, it's going to be fascinating viewing, people.

Rapid Vienna seem to be under the impression that they can say no to the CVA, yet still get every penny owed to them. Very admirable but, erm - good luck with that!

http://m.scotsman.co...posal-1-2350099

Id say Hearts are in the same boat.

Would be very difficult getting a Newco club a license if UEFA and FIFA were involved. Changing name and owners wont mean

a thing to them. Govan Albion will still be Rangers in their eyes.

Lets face it, who would ever deal with a company that have a history of not paying their bills. Would a bank offer a credit facility? No chance

What sort of answer is that from 1 of the countries leading businessmen??

SDM a leading businessman???????????? His empire is in meltdown and he off-loaded Rankers to the first bidder regardless of the consequences. As for his "I was duped" defence, that has vague similarities to the "A big boy did it and ran away" defence used by under 5s. He couldn't even spell due diligence!!!!!!!!

Prominent businessman - yes, leading - I don't think so.

Fred the Shred was stripped of his knighthood for failure on a monumental scale in his professed area of expertise. SDM allegedly presided over systematic measures to defraud HMRC out of millions. His time will come.

What sort of answer is that from 1 of the countries leading businessmen??

SDM a leading businessman???????????? His empire is in meltdown and he off-loaded Rankers to the first bidder regardless of the consequences. As for his "I was duped" defence, that has vague similarities to the "A big boy did it and ran away" defence used by under 5s. He couldn't even spell due diligence!!!!!!!!

Prominent businessman - yes, leading - I don't think so.

Fred the Shred was stripped of his knighthood for failure on a monumental scale in his professed area of expertise. SDM allegedly presided over systematic measures to defraud HMRC out of millions. His time will come.

Aww, to be fair SDM only racked up just short of £1bn in debt. :o

Fred the Shred was a guid bit mair than that. :P

If the cva is accepted by HMRC then the least i would expect is an explanation as to why. This isnt a dig at Rangers specifically but i'm fed up watching huge tax debts written off, especially as we as individuals get chased for every penny.

In Rangers case i'd like to know why they would accept the cva but reject it for all the other teams i'm aware of.