Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If Green takes over officially today (regardless of CVA outcome) does the phrase, 'from now' in the SFA statement apply from today or after today and how does/will that effect D&P's position as the sellers of the club in applying the 'fit and proper' person test? or risk breaching the associations new article?

You may start you facts, opinions and general banter......now

I posted something along these lines a while back - probably when the page count was in treble figures. Is there not a major problem with the name of any newco set up from the stinking wreckage of rangers? I'm fairly sure the law was changed 4 or 5 years ago to stop any company liquidating and reforming in a manner that would lead the public to believe it was the same company. By which I mean, for instance, Rainbow Quality Windows couldn't be reformed as Rainbow Quality Glazing or Rainbow Luxury Windows. The only exception would be if there was a geographic reference in the company name, i.e. if say Kilmarnock or Yorkshire was part of the company title. As far as I am aware, there is no geographic connotation to the word "rangers", so what can they call themselves to maintain their "Traditions", while not falling foul of anti-sectarian legislation?

If Green takes over officially today (regardless of CVA outcome) does the phrase, 'from now' in the SFA statement apply from today or after today and how does/will that effect D&P's position as the sellers of the club in applying the 'fit and proper' person test? or risk breaching the associations new article?

You may start you facts, opinions and general banter......now

He doesnt officially take control today. He's "assisting" H&D with the running of the club, at no cost. Isnt he a saint?

I'm just waiting for the Irn Bru ad which rips the p1$h out of the SPL (or RFC mibbe) given their habit of slightly controversial campaigns. I remember with fondness they had a big blonde running starkers round Love Street for one.

Black and white scarves for the close-ups supplied by Pollok FC's club shop, can't remember why though!

It puzzles me ...

Rangers fans were warned by the others that this financial mess was coming ... (yup they ignored the 'fibs' coming out)

I agree with you there completely ! and they still spent money on players and wages like there was no tomorrow while they were in debt.

Walter Smith in 2008 season spent about £18 million on players after he failed to qualify for the Champions League ? WTF ! so much for being financially savvy there eh ! that £18 million plus the extra wages for better players could have cleared their bank overdraft BUT NO they had to compete for the title didn't they ! causing the mess they are in now without the BTC and dual contracts.

Rangers have been ripping the pish for years and getting into debt hoping on a good CL run ! they are their own worst enemy in appeasing the glory hunting fans chasing success when they should have been looking after the books.FCUK EM !.

I am not sure...I don't think a years ban from the Scottish Cup is sufficient punishment but hey ho. If you pay peanuts you get Regan ;)

1 year ban would cost rangers £750,000 apparently (see 'journalist' Jim traynor)

Rangers havent paid tax of £14,000,000 (at date of going into admin)

i think 20 years (allowing for inflation) ban should be adequate

GO ON THE GERS,,JUST A WEE HICKUP WE ARE GOING THROUGH,, WE WILL BE BACK SOON ,STRONGER , BETTER,SFA ,FIFA CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT ,, RANGERS WILL NEVER DIE,, NEVER EVER.

Edited by ALLYMAC

I posted something along these lines a while back - probably when the page count was in treble figures. Is there not a major problem with the name of any newco set up from the stinking wreckage of rangers? I'm fairly sure the law was changed 4 or 5 years ago to stop any company liquidating and reforming in a manner that would lead the public to believe it was the same company. By which I mean, for instance, Rainbow Quality Windows couldn't be reformed as Rainbow Quality Glazing or Rainbow Luxury Windows. The only exception would be if there was a geographic reference in the company name, i.e. if say Kilmarnock or Yorkshire was part of the company title. As far as I am aware, there is no geographic connotation to the word "rangers", so what can they call themselves to maintain their "Traditions", while not falling foul of anti-sectarian legislation?

Depends how close I suppose. Take for example the recently collaped UBC Group Ltd. (Originally Uist Builders [Construction] Ltd). The new companies started by the former directors consist of UBCivils Ltd. and UBHebrides Ltd.

Edited by Spain

Walter Smith in 2008 season spent about £18 million on players after he failed to qualify for the Champions League ? WTF ! so much for being financially savvy there eh ! that £18 million plus the extra wages for better players could have cleared their bank overdraft BUT NO they had to compete for the title didn't they ! causing the mess they are in now without the BTC and dual contracts.

according to this their net spend was £9 million that summer

you've got to speculate to accumulate though and they did make the group stages of the CL in the two following seasons which they wouldn't have done if they hadn't spent.

turning cuellar into bougherra, mendes and davis was great business.

Oooh. What did I miss?!

Not a great deal to be honest, No8 was bleating on, for days, about lack of comments on some barely relevant tweet from Friday so I thought I'd ask him about his views on today's barely relevant tweet from the BBC about FIFA faxing the SFA to reassure them they have been acting within FIFA rules.

GO ON THE GERS,,JUST A WEE HICKUP WE ARE GOING THROUGH,, WE WILL BE BACK SOON ,STRONGER , BETTER,SFA ,FIFA CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT ,, RANGERS WILL NEVER DIE,, NEVER EVER.

EVER EVER EVER EVER? :o

He doesnt officially take control today. He's "assisting" H&D with the running of the club, at no cost. Isnt he a saint?

Ah, so does that make d&p liable if they breach the new article since they have replaced the board and are selling the club?

Oh right

So no comments about the Mass hysteria on here and the various blogs about all clubs being thrown out of Eiropean Competition...The Scotland team thrown out of the World cup.

It was commneted on that FIFA had put Regan and the SFA straight on their disciplinary procedures.

Good stuff...Sorry i missed that humble pie feast.

No comments as such yet ! WHY ? probably because it's back into the SFA's hands at the moment and FIFA is happy with that as it's dealt within the association.

We will await the outcome of punishments as FIFA is.

And if the Gers go back to court if the original punishment stands then we may worry.

Airdrie got away with Airdrie United. maybe they could go for Rangers Hibernians (to maintain their links with across the water)

Hiya, nice to see a RM dyslexic, mentally challenged bod join in. :D Welcome, have a good time here, pal.

Is anyone up for having a huge piss up of diddy fans when they finally get blasted by whats coming ? What a celebration that would be . Arrange a destination and i would gladly be there with the champers.