Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I heard a rumour Motherwell will have to go part time if Rangers are booted out the league.

Anyone else heard this? Do you think any other SPL clubs would have to go the same way?

Edit to add: Im not trolling, I genuinely heard this.

I heard they'd also have to kill some newborn labrador puppies. Tragic.

They posted a huge profit this year, won decent prize money and qualified for the champions league. They have no high-earners and very little debt if any either.

Frankly, I don't believe a word of it !

The only club that's in any immediate danger is Kilmarnock, and even if push came to shove, full-time football would continue even in administration.

Worry not, Killie are not in danger, in fact, we posted profit the past two seasons and just had the scoreboards sorted! :D

I heard a rumour Motherwell will have to go part time if Rangers are booted out the league.

Anyone else heard this? Do you think any other SPL clubs would have to go the same way?

Serious question. Upon hearing this rumour did you;

A) raise an eyebrow and ponder the possibility that this might be the case?

B) tell the person concerned to "away n shite ya slaivering cant"?

Dunno what you done, but the correct response was B).

I heard a rumour you type controversial posts on thr internet & then pull your wee wire over all the "fury" you cause.

Batter in.

You're probably right.

You might also find hearts and hibs amalgamating and going into the juniors, north sea oil running out and the cost of a plain loaf soaring.

No don't encourage them, I can see the Daily Ranger story tomorrow:

"Sources close to a supermarket predict soaring plain loaf prices if no strong Rangers in the SPL."

how will the Ranjurs support a full- time Club in SFL3 and maintain the fixed assets of Ibroke and Murray's folly pray tell?

My 2nd Div club train on their one pitch or at the public park, yet you, FF, RM say you could take 3rd div easy and want i with full-time and HUGE fixed costst - No8. told us it was 98% of FF for 3rd.

Be honest bitte - is this pish n bluster?

I am being honest. I heard this from someone who my Dad knows through work. The person in question claims to know the female on the board at Motherwell (I cant remember her name) and he said that he had been told that Motherwell would have to go part time if Rangers were not in the SPL. I dont know if he meant straight away or in the long term. I assume in the longer term. he may have been doing some kind of a wind-up but it was at a senior managers's lunch. I was not at the lunch I heard it second hand from my father.

Edit to add: I am seriously NOT trolling. I never troll its not my style. Though maybe I have been taken in by some kind of windup. It did surprise me when I heard it.

Edited by Cammy35

Cheers for the background info lads.

So I've learnt that Div is a media whore and I am Jojo/Captain Sensible/Stuart Cosgrove.

Least I know where I stand.

As someone else has said, I wish Cosgrove could somehow become the 'official voice of the masses'. He and Cowan are the only voices out there who don't sook the collective old firm ring.

Are you the 'new' Captain who is also a girl from Belfast and parents Irish/Scottish? Too many IDs to keep track of

The only club that's in any immediate danger is Kilmarnock, and even if push came to shove, full-time football would continue even in administration.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/05/27/kilmarnock-chairman-says-club-has-no-cash-to-spend-in-the-summer-86908-23875401/

Michael Johnston :-

“Our debut of about £9m to the bank mainly relates to the four-star Park Hotel which is fully owned by the club and cost around £6m to build in 2002.

“It is not as if Kilmarnock has built up a large debt through overspending on the football side of things. It has been investment in facilities.

“We have a nice 18,000 all-seated, all-covered stadium and have just spent about £50,000 on pitch renovations.

“We also have the hotel, a club shop, a fitness centre and a sports bar – a great range of facilities.

“Our level of debt is quite commensurate with our assets. We have a positive balance sheet – unlike a number of clubs in Scotland and elsewhere.

;)

I am being honest. I heard this from someone who my Dad knows through work. The person in question claims to know the female on the board at Motherwell (I cant remember her name) and he said that he had been told that Motherwell would have to go part time if Rangers were not in the SPL. I dont know if he meant straight away or in the long term. I assume in the longer term. he may have been doing some kind of a wind-up but it was at a senior managers's lunch. I was not at the lunch I heard it second hand from my father.

You > yer dad > someone from yer dad's work > someone on the board.

So, this is a friend of a friend of a friend story, right?

Edit to add: I am seriously NOT trolling. I never troll its not my style. Though maybe I have been taken in by some kind of windup. It did surprise me when I heard it.

:lol:

Nae bother, I believe you. You still didn't answer my question if the mighty Gers would be full-time in Div 3 and full Ibrox every 2 weeks. You will pay £500 for season book? Home fixture against Peterhead sounds an enthraller.

EDIT: "I heard this who someone who my dad knows from work" - I heard that a distant cousin says the taxi driver who drove his granny heard from Liewell that Rangers will win SPL league next year - feel fee to share the news on RM

Edited by Claymores

Are you the 'new' Captain who is also a girl from Belfast and parents Irish/Scottish? Too many IDs to keep track of

Yes. Yes I am.

Although I AM a man (hairy baws, the lot) and both my parents are from Edinburgh, but for the purposes of an Internet persona, I am a mort fi Belfast.

....pure slag wi a drink in me by the way ;-)

No don't encourage them, I can see the Daily Ranger story tomorrow:

"Sources close to a supermarket predict soaring plain loaf prices if no strong Rangers in the SPL."

Might need a" keep plain loaf prices reasonable" campaign, instead of red cards at protests, people could hold up outsiders.

You > yer dad > someone from yer dad's work > someone on the board.

So, this is a friend of a friend of a friend story, right?

:lol:

Read my original post. I said "I heard a rumour" I didn't say I am on the Board of Motherwell F.C. and this is what is going to happen. I just wondered if anyone else had heard it.

Nae bother, I believe you. You still didn't answer my question if the mighty Gers would be full-time in Div 3 and full Ibrox every 2 weeks. You will pay £500 for season book? Home fixture against Peterhead sounds an enthraller.

Doubt it they only half filled the ground against Dundee Utd in the cup when they were a top tier outfit

Sounds like a 10 goal thriller every week to me.

Seems legit.

Edited by vikingTON

More delusional scaremongering pish , if it happens ,it happens

Like most of the diddy supporters on here, I'm by the stage of thinking or worring about how the demise of "The Institution " is gonna pan out on my team. If the SFA / SPL dont do whats right when the full extent of the shit that Rangers have been up to is finally revealed, then the rest of it wont matter a f**k to me and thousands like me. Bring it fucking on.