Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Im going back a few years but im sure you told me your uncle or grandad played for Rangers... did he have an overseas pension fund.... :rolleyes:

;)

That was a while back that was mentioned...You only joined this year :rolleyes:

Then have 16, play 30 games a season, then make the Scottish cup home and away, and/or give the league cup group stages to make up a few more games. Now is the best chance for a radical change in the league, people have been talking for years about how to improve our league, why dont they just get on and do it.

... because the 16-team league playing 30 games is far too little AND includes a meaningless mid-table; because League Cup sections were financial disasters by 1980s let alone now; and because making the Scottish Cup home-n-away does nothing much for at least half the clubs involved, and would be massively unpopular.

Don't want the thread to divert the endless into reconstruction debates, but seriously - why do people only ever cry "back to 1972" or cry outrageously complex American-style alternatives?

I'd go for 2 leagues of 16 and maybe scrap the 3rd with 4 up and 4 down with 4&5 last scrapping out the last relegation spot with 4&5 best in the first scrapping out for promotion.

We must remember we are a small country and having 4 leagues to match England's amount is stupid IMO.

Also 30 games means lower ST's and in times of recession might be the difference in getting one and gates going up.

Sorry - you're advocating 2 leagues of 16 playing 30 games... AND 4-up-4-down... AND cutting ST prices :huh:? Get real.

Also England has 5 nationwide divisions. And has 116 clubs playing nationwide while we have 42.

(Although I'd grant you that IMO we've 1 division and a few clubs too many playing nationwide).

First time poster, so please treat me gently!

I've been following Rangers for years and regularly travel over from Banbridge every weekend to cheer on the Gers. I'm really saddened by the way some of the other clubs in Scotland have been treating us. I really don't understand the hatred towards us.

Is it jealousy?

I've got an e-mail from Groupon. I'm quite happy to post that if it'll help relieve the tension.

I know what quite a few need on here to relieve the tension but there is no chance of that happening anytime soon for them ;)

I've been following Rangers for years and regularly travel over from Banbridge every weekend to cheer on the Gers. I'm really saddened by the way some of the other clubs in Scotland have been treating us. I really don't understand the hatred towards us.

Is it jealousy?

1/10

Is it jealousy?

It's schadenfraude. As of right now, I'm polishing shoes suitable for dancing on the grave of your club.

Hope this helps.

Edited by vikingTON

When did we last have 18 teams? 38 years ago.

And of course we should not try something that was tried a generation ago, because the game today is exactly the same as the game was back then. That sort of attitude is why Scottish football is where it is right now.

Yes, football has changed... in a direction which has taken it further from the dreams of the "back to 1972" brigade than ever. Seriously - it'd be utter lunancy for the game to revert to an 18-team league, with no split and 4 fewer matches, where half the teams have nothing to play for by Christmas. And it'd be utter lunacy to go back to League Cup sections. It'd all be a financial and competitive disaster.

People want to pay for games which matter, not glorified training sessions.

That's why the Scottish League Cup had to be saved through the adoption of 1-tie, result-on-the-night football; why splits are ever-more-popular; why play-offs are ever-more-popular; etc. etc.

Deary me, not this again.

18 teams was what we DID have. And we had it for decades. And crowds DID drop because of all the meaningless games.

The leagues down south can't be compared. The Premiership has 4 Champions League spots, 2 Europa League spots on offer plus 3 relegation spots. That's almost 50% of the league.

The lower league have a host of teams fighting for promotion / relegation / play off and very seldom do teams have nothing to play for.

? Yeh a host of teams playing meaningless promotions fighting to get into the premier then getting shafted for promotion because of stadium criteria or what not.

Also there are a million more people living these days in the general population ! a probable 100K maybe support or go to games nationally these days than the bleak miner striking 70's when there was a major recession and no one had a fecking job to go to games.DO YA REMEMBER ?.

You are fighting a 40 year old argument there as these days are different.

Is it jealousy?

blink.gif just, wow..... that is all

I've got an e-mail from Groupon. I'm quite happy to post that if it'll help relieve the tension.

Edit: Money off memory foam mattress. So it might litteraly relieve the tension.

Cheers man.

You Pars boys are good c***s. A real shame it'll be Dundee in the SPL next year.

? Yeh a host of teams playing meaningless promotions fighting to get into the premier then getting shafted for promotion because of stadium criteria or what not.

Ah, pleading the Brockhole defence :lol:.

EDIT: Also - cr*p. Falkirk are the ONLY team ever denied promotion over ground unsuitabilty (see: hole).

Also there are a million more people living these days in the general population !

... and :blink:?

EDIT: Also - cr*p, again. Scotland's population has sat between 5,050,000 and 5,200,000 since 1951. It was higher in 1971 than it was in 2001.

a probable 100K maybe support or go to games nationally these days than the bleak miner striking 70's when there was a major recession and no one had a fecking job to go to games.DO YA REMEMBER ?.

Aye, we're living in days of milk and honey aren't we :blink:. Fact remains that once the post-war boom was gone the traditional formats were a dead-duck in Scotland. People, quite rightly, did not want to pay to watch competitve football which had no competitive meaning.

You are fighting a 40 year old argument there as these days are different.

He's fighting a 40-year old argument which is more relevant today than it was then.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Is it jealousy?

regularly every weekend? Lol