Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Anyone else worried that FIFA will see this as a grand one-off opportunity to take out one of the Home Nations with all this happening on top of the Team GB fiasco? unsure.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

Anyone else a bit worried that FIFA will see this as a good opportunity to take out one of the Home Nations with all this happening on top of the Team GB fiasco? unsure.gif

Splendid thinking. As it's Rangers, what an ideal time to remove the England football team from international play.

[/size][/left][/font]

Anyone else worried that FIFA will see this as a grand one-off opportunity to take out one of the Home Nations with all this happening on top of the Team GB fiasco? unsure.gif

would anybody really care?

Edited by blanco

[/size][/left][/font]

Yup. It gives Sepp an excuse to medal hopefully no wee scrotes turn up for the EFA/BOA kickabout.

I would say an 18 team league is the perfect size, but all you hear is there will be too many meaningless games and the crowds would drop. I think thats bollocks, if that were the case, then every league down south would have a split. People are too scared to try something different, lets just stick to the same thing we've had for the last 30 odd years, because our leagues have never been stronger.:rolleyes:

Deary me, not this again.

18 teams was what we DID have. And we had it for decades. And crowds DID drop because of all the meaningless games.

The leagues down south can't be compared. The Premiership has 4 Champions League spots, 2 Europa League spots on offer plus 3 relegation spots. That's almost 50% of the league.

The lower league have a host of teams fighting for promotion / relegation / play off and very seldom do teams have nothing to play for.

Edited by Captain_Sensible

Please note the following quote in reference to the saga of Neil Lennon's eight match ban. This quote is taken directly from the SFA website:

"We have discussed the matter with Celtic Football Club and they accept that Neil Lennon was guilty of misconduct."

"However, with regard to the timing of the suspension we must accept that if our rules cannot be enforced in a court of law then they cannot be imposed and it is foolish to waste money defending such a point."

"We acknowledge that our rules do need updating and I have proposed to our board that we commission a complete re write of the disciplinary procedures from a legal perspective to address this whole matter."

"Whilst we have an obligation to ensure that our rules can be legally enforced, nevertheless it is important for the future of Scottish football that we do not allow our disciplinary procedures to be used as a costly legal playground."

Stewart Regan - April 2011

-------------------------------------

:lol: :lol:

a genuine question, whats your point as its not obvious from your pasted article

Splendid thinking. As it's Rangers, what an ideal time to remove the England football team from international play.

Im going back a few years but im sure you told me your uncle or grandad played for Rangers... did he have an overseas pension fund.... :rolleyes:

;)

[/size][/left][/font]

i don't see fifa being keen on doing anything that will end up with them in an EU court attempting to defend punishing entire associations due to members taking the opportunity to exercise their rights as EU citizens.

there are 10 times as many people in england as in scotland. that may have something to do with the different set ups.

an 18 team league is unviable. both due to the income drop and the fact that there aren't 21 clubs in the country capable of supporting full time football in the country never mind the 25 or 26 you would need to make an 18 team league viable.

Then have 16, play 30 games a season, then make the Scottish cup home and away, and/or give the league cup group stages to make up a few more games. Now is the best chance for a radical change in the league, people have been talking for years about how to improve our league, why dont they just get on and do it.

I also dont think that a 14 team league will ever happen. The amount of games just wouldnt add up, you would need at least a 16 team league.

14 works with a 6/8 split or a more radical 7/7 split. Even number of H/A games too.

Eh? A 14 team league would result in 36/40 or 38 games, a 16 team team league gives 30?

These... OP says 14 is far less likely than 16 but it's exactly the opposite, it's far more likely (even though only a few clubs even support 14). It preserves the split - doesn't add too many more mouths to feed - can generate extra home game for smaller clubs, and more matchdays for TV - justifies creating a European play-off.

Currently, only expansion that's ever going to be realistic is 14 with split.

The bolded part makes no sense at all.

If you mean that div 3 should play 32 games instead of 36 next year, do you also propose that the div 3 clubs should be compensated for losing out on 2 home gates? If not, why are you suggesting that these innocent SFL clubs should be punished for the sins of the criminal SPL member?

Ultimately it'd be up to SFL clubs if they wanted to admit Rangers without them being able to play for 1yr... i.e. run with 9 teams instead of 10... or give the vacancy to someone else.

a genuine question, whats your point as its not obvious from your pasted article

it's pretty clear that his point is regan made a statement that sfa judgements must be legally enforcable but later implemented a judgement that wasn't legally enforcable.

Edited by T_S_A_R

I actually think if you want a league to be fair to all, you play each other home and away and thats it. These league splits are only there because the top teams want to keep more money for themselves. I would say an 18 team league is the perfect size, but all you hear is there will be too many meaningless games and the crowds would drop. I think thats bollocks, if that were the case, then every league down south would have a split. People are too scared to try something different, lets just stick to the same thing we've had for the last 30 odd years, because our leagues have never been stronger.:rolleyes:

I do want a fair league HONEST.

I can remember when the league was competitive 30 years ago and was much more exciting to watch.Wasn't which of the 2 will win this year but actually who can win it out of about 5 or 6 teams.

I'd go for 2 leagues of 16 and maybe scrap the 3rd with 4 up and 4 down with 4&5 last scrapping out the last relegation spot with 4&5 best in the first scrapping out for promotion.Then I'd have regional divisions and the league Highland included too for promotion spots into the league 2 or 3 teams perhaps.We must remember we are a small country and having 4 leagues to match England's amount is stupid IMO.I want fair competition even if your team is smaller than a diddy team "nipple team ?" if your on a roll enjoy the good times even if they are only one season in the premier and not a lot of fans the cash will benifit the bottom clubs for being successful.Also 30 games means lower ST's and in times of recession might be the difference in getting one and gates going up.

Then have 16, play 30 games a season, then make the Scottish cup home and away, and/or give the league cup group stages to make up a few more games. Now is the best chance for a radical change in the league, people have been talking for years about how to improve our league, why dont they just get on and do it.

because expanding the league wouldn't improve it.

C'mon now, emails!!

I've got an e-mail from Groupon. I'm quite happy to post that if it'll help relieve the tension.

Edit: Money off memory foam mattress. So it might litteraly relieve the tension.

Edited by Jimmy85