Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I believe it is known as Contempt of Court and can result in a fine or a custodial sentence.

No, they have sent it back to the SFA to review the punishment they can't pass it back then charge them with contempt for doing what they asked them to do. blink.gif

I believe it is known as Contempt of Court and can result in a fine or a custodial sentence.

The Court of Session does not have jurisdiction to apply the correct sanctions, but only to decide on the appropriateness of a decision taken by a governing body

therefore it wouldnt be contempt

http://lawtop20.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/civil-action-recipe-for-disaster.html#more

Shocking stuff from the SFA. I'm all for seeing Rangers punished for any wrong doing but making shit up as you go is pretty stupid. Left themselves wide open for this, epecially preventing arbitration to CAS (if that is true).

SFA needs to get a proper slapping here.

Anyone who read the tribunal regulations would have figured this out. I was surprised that this wasn't picked up by the review panel, TBH. I assumed there must have been some caveat that effectively permitted them to make the rules up as they went along (as the SPL seem to utilise in terms of their regulations <_< ) and this is why the original appeal was thrown out.

The SFA find themselves in an invidious position over this. They'll have seen the BBC documentary, and will struggle to justify reverting to a more lenient sanction option given the level of public scrutiny - albeit the documentary concentrated on a different period in the club's shady recent history - but will they have the bottle to impose anything else? A one year ban from the Scottish Cup seems the obvious option (as predicted when the original appeal sat). Pretty toothless, if so.

The CVA is today's big news, though. It is an absolute nonsense, and this CoS developemnt is little more than a sideshow.

It's more than a sideshow Drooper. It's showing what a total f**k up the ruling bodies of Scottish football are. The words piss up and brewery are very appropriate. How can we trust them to get anything right when they can't even regulate their own rule book? Absolutely pathetic.

It might just go back and be deemed a suitable punishment after all. The Orcs have NOTHING to celebrate tonight. There is no way in hell that FIFA/UEFA will sit back and not do anything. Remember Sion!!

Time this boil on the arse of our game was lanced forever. Their arrogance knows no bounds.

Anyone who read the tribunal regulations would have figured this out. I was surprised that this wasn't picked up by the review panel, TBH. I assumed there must have been some caveat that effectively permitted them to make the rules up as they went along (as the SPL seem to utilise in terms of their regulations <_< ) and this is why the original appeal was thrown out.

The SFA find themselves in an invidious position over this. They'll have seen the BBC documentary, and will struggle to justify reverting to a more lenient sanction option given the level of public scrutiny - albeit the documentary concentrated on a different period in the club's shady recent history - but will they have the bottle to impose anything else? A one year ban from the Scottish Cup seems the obvious option (as predicted when the original appeal sat). Pretty toothless, if so.

The CVA is today's big news, though. It is an absolute nonsense, and this CoS developemnt is little more than a sideshow.

There is a section about the powers of a tribunal and they essentially can make up their own rules. This was the view that was upheld by the review tribunal, the CoS disagreed.

No, they have sent it back to the SFA to review the punishment they can't pass it back then charge them with contempt for doing what they asked them to do. blink.gif

The question was:

"Anyone able to say what would likely happen if the SFA simply ignored todays judgement?"

You cannot simply ignore a judgement of the Court of Session.

It might just go back and be deemed a suitable punishment after all. The Orcs have NOTHING to celebrate tonight. There is no way in hell that FIFA/UEFA will sit back and not do anything. Remember Sion!!

Time this boil on the arse of our game was lanced forever. Their arrogance knows no bounds.

The Sion situation was entirely different. However, Sion were never actually punished for going to court.

justice from fucking what? Screwing the government over? Small businesses? Have a word with yourself mate.

:lol:

Some have taken it a little harder than others.

Maybe if you had listened to me all along it wouldn't have come as such a shock. :D

Finally we can now see that the SFA is biased against Rangers and handpicking Lord Carloway has come back and bitten them squarely on the arse

I've thought about this too. Is there anything Rangers can actually do if the SFA tell the CoS to stick their ruling up their collective arses?

Just emailed FIFA. Will probably be ignored but hey.

Done so as well:

Dear Madam/Sir,

Today, the Court of Session in Edinburgh ruled against the Scottish Football Association in the matter of their transfer embargo against Rangers FC, a case that by the SFA's own rules and by FIFA Statute Article 64 Rangers were prohibited from doing in the first place.

My concern is that all Scottish football may find itself punished by FIFA or UEFA because of one rotten apple that considers itself above the laws of the game as governed by FIFA and its approved regulatory bodies.

Rangers went through a civil court rather than the approved Court of Arbeitration for Sport (CAS) because they knew a non-Scottish court would never rule in their favour, whereas a Scottish court almost certainly would, due to the dubious links Rangers have within the corridors of power in Scotland and the United Kingdom: a major reason in them getting into such a financial predicament in the first place.

This of course is a textbook example why FIFA implemented Article 64 in the first place: not merely to ensure the continued sporting integrity of the game, but to ensure clubs did not become attractive as means for money laundering, etc. if they were able to easily overturn any disadvantageous sporting decision with financial reprecussions through civil courts in nations where corruption within the judiciary is problematic.

Neither the Scottish Football Association nor Scottish clubs should be punished for the actions of Rangers FC in bringing the entire game - not merely the Scottish - into disrepute. As such, I request that FIFA steps into this matter and bans Rangers Football Club from all domestic and international competitions forthwith.

Can but try to at least show the strength of feeling over here!

:)

PS. The rest of you get off your arses and start doing the same.

http://www.fifa.com/contact/form.html

Subject: Rangers takes Scottish Football Association to Civil Court

Edited by WaffenThinMint

It's more than a sideshow Drooper. It's showing what a total f**k up the ruling bodies of Scottish football are. The words piss up and brewery are very appropriate. How can we trust them to get anything right when they can't even regulate their own rule book? Absolutely pathetic.

True.

I was thinking more along the lines of what is today's big news on the demise of Rangers front.

scottish footy has an outbreak of boils--- rankers,the esspeeellll, sfa, and cockwomble Doncasterlaugh.gif

I've thought about this too. Is there anything Rangers can actually do if the SFA tell the CoS to stick their ruling up their collective arses?

Probably nothing Rangers can do but the Court of Session would probably take a rather dim view of it and they carry a much bigger stick than do Rangers.

The question was:

"Anyone able to say what would likely happen if the SFA simply ignored todays judgement?"

You forgot your picture of Sean Bean.

So all that has happened today is that the Court of Session has said "You cannae dae that" - news which has effectively covered the fact that H&D have produced a CVA which offers all creditors one lick on an ice lolly and the contents of a slop bucket.

Well played everyone.

So a club up to its knees in ious has won the right to sign more players it cant afford once the debt is wiped out by hook or (more apt) crook.

Sfa have to either show their balls or lube the arse.

The football fan in me says balls, the sense in me

(and cynicism for our governing body) says the ky is being warmed as we speak

Edited by weirdcal

Not according to the Court reporters who conveyed:

"The Court of Session ruled on Tuesday that the sanction was not available to the panel."

My understanding is that it has been sent back for them to consider an alternative sanction from those explicit within the Rules.

Edited by Claymores

The question was:

Then the question is pointless really as they HAVE to review it. No one in their right mind will ignore the review findings and the question is pointless as there is 0% that it will happen.

Edited by Well Well

Follow Follower's seem to think that the CVA hinges on R*ngers competing in all domestic competitions next season. Would that rule out a potential SC ban?

It certainly makes the whole timing of things very interesting. CVA delayed from yesterday for 'administrative adjustments' then CVA out today at 1.30pm detailing conditions of acceptance include participation in ALL competitions at the level they currently hold. Perhaps knowing all the while if they won they appeal at the CoS today, they would in effect put the SFA in a position of being unable to impose further sanctions.

If they expel them or kick them out the cup, the CVA goes dead and the blame for stewing creditors is placed at the SFA door by Green. Potentially a masterstroke of the highest slimiest unpalatable order and puts incredible pressure on the SFA in light of this. Using the court case as a deflection from the CVA but making the conditions known at 1.30pm in advance of the hearing announcement today really does smack of careful planning. Thoughts?

I'm not contacting FIFA just yet.

Wee Sepp Blatter might be thinking:-

'Corrupt Scots?, yeah these African FA's are right, let's abolish Scottish fitba and let the English FA rule over them, Team GB's going ahead thanks to the thicko's at the BOA, so I could sweep all the shite out in a oner'

Hmm..

would that outcome not be such a bad thing? I mean if everything turns out to be as corrupt over this affair as we fear, then maybe our provincial setup being absorbed by te FA wouldnt be such a bad thing? no?