Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I wonder how Lord Carloway will take being essentially admonished by a less senior judge? If this is going to cause a stushie in the football world, there is going to be some tension in legal circles over this.

I am sure Lord Carloway will not make too much of a fuss. He was hand picked by people at the SFA and it backfired on them.

Playing devils advocate( no pun intended)

They could also argue that other punishments too lenient for severity of offence.

Oh, quite possibly.

My suspicion is it's spread over several dozen pages of a 200-page document, but did the original panel and/or appeal panel say "expulsion is too severe a penalty" or "expulsion is too severe a penalty when a transfer embargo is available" (or words to those effects).

I.e. did they qualify it within a context of the punishments they thought available, or not?

I hope they do and hammer the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute.

Rangers were left with no option but to go to the court of session to finally get justice after they lost their appeal to the SFA and were blocked from going to the Court of Arbitration

Rangers are cheating c***s though.

Joke of a decision, Rangers will get out of this. mad.gif

Hopefully FIFA or UEFA get involved.

Indeed.

Scottish football has become a disgrace and an embarrassment to the world game. Clubs are engaging in multiple debt write offs by entering administration at will and refusing to accept even mild sanctions for their behaviour = and this is before you begin to even think about fans' long term problems with sectarianism.

Throw in an incompetent governing body incapable of even applying it's own rules and you couldn't hold a grudge if they banned us from world football for a few years.

I am sure Lord Carloway will not make too much of a fuss. He was hand picked by people at the SFA and it backfired on them.

Wrong,he didn't hand out the punishment he just found them guilty and the judge today agreed .

Whatever happens with rangers every single team and fan should boycott anything to do with them as they have now jeopardised the very future of the Scottish game.

:lol:

Yep that will really hurt Rangers. Right out of the RST book on sulking

lol look everyone, its a rangers fan. Who says they only support their team when they're winning? Will be a hollow victory though, as it leaves expulsion or ripping up their membership which is prob gonna happen anyway when their accounts go by the next deadline unsubmitted.

I don't get how people on here keep going on about how FIFA/UEFA will do this, that or the next thing. They have done and will do absolutely nothing. Think they are far more interested in what is going on in Italy and our little league is a mere sideshow no one outside the West of Scotland really cares about. SFA will back down, Rangers will come out a hell of a lot stronger than when they went in and a hell of a lot more of the big time charlie for it. NO ONE in the league will stand up against Rangers once this all dies down and they will dominate for decades to come with our diddy chairmen happy to keep taking the crumbs and the occasional slap down from the old firm when we ask for more.

I for one have given up completely on this pish and will now concentrate fully on womens beach volleyball.

Whatever happens with rangers every single team and fan should boycott anything to do with them as they have now jeopardised the very future of the Scottish game.

I disagree for now, until the factual detail is known.

If the SFA panels went outwith their power, and other rules didn't allow Rangers the route of appeal to CAS or court, then Rangers were right to go to court arguably.

Wrong,he didn't hand out the punishment he just found them guilty and the judge today agreed .

We appealed the punishment ya fucking space cadet...If you hadn't noticed the Judge today agreed the punishment was unjust :1eye

:lol: the most entertaining decision possible!

This is a 'popcorn' ruling. Brilliant.

Gives the currants hope, the SFA a decision to make and we rumble onto Wednesday and the SPL meeting where our cockwomble has set the agenda..

Wonder if there might be a wee leak of more stuff tonight from the BBC's data room

Hopefully this will fresh in the minds of the SPL Chairmen tomorrow, when they meet to discuss the proposed sanctions.

They must realise that Rangers are dragging the name of all of Scottish football through the mud.

They have a chance to stand up and the bully and deal with this mess.

I know what I want them to do, but even after today I fear what they will do tomorrow.